Guinea Pigs and Other Pets discussion

4 views

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary | 106 comments Mod
Pellets or dry food makes up 25% of a guinea pigs diet. Hay, and fresh veggies make up the other 75%. Pellets for a guinea pig, or any other pet need to be free from added colors and flavors.


message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 106 comments Mod
There are tons of great, affordable, healthy pellets out there. y ou just have to figure out what works for you am your guinea pigs, cats, dogs, and any other animal.

I am going to share a few of my favorite food brands.

Oxbow, is a great healthy affordable food that is sold at most petstore (Pet Supplies Plus, Petco, and Petsmart) for around $11 a bag. There bags last me a little over a month.

Oxbow hay, pellets, and vitamins are all AMAZING!!!

oxbowanimalheath.com


message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary | 106 comments Mod
Another great brand is KMS Loft.

They have healthy, fresh food. KMS loft is not sold in petstores and will need to be ordered online, because of this it makes it less affordable.

I love their hay and pellets. Great brand if you don't mind paying for shipping.

http://www.kmshayloft.com/hay/


message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 106 comments Mod
Last but no least, Kaytee.

Kaytee is a very very iffy brand. Their hay is stale, and some of their pellets contain to much suger and seeds for guinea pigs.

The kind you need to get from kaytee is kaytee timothy complete. It contains no added colors or flavors. It is very cheap, at $9 a bag.

Do not buy kaytee hay, it is stale, and poky. If you look at their website, they have tons of recalls.

http://www.kaytee.com/small-animals/


message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary | 106 comments Mod
Oops, I goofed up the oxbow link.

Here is one that you can click on:

http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/


message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary | 106 comments Mod
Also, only baby guinea pigs (0-2 months) or pregnate alfalfa pellets. Alfalfa contains to much Calcium, so if older guineas have it it might make them sick


back to top

unread topics | mark unread