The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

What song makes you think of the hunger games trilogy?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 105) (105 new)    post a comment »

Wanderlust My song choice is Arm's by Christina Perri, i think its something that would play about Katniss & Peeta.

Do you have a song that you think really fits the books or a song that reminds you of the books? Let me know :)

Kimberley wide awake by katy perry for katniss

Jamie  The hunger games soundtrack. Duh ;)

Wanderlust Jamie (Geek Quad) wrote: "The hunger games soundtrack. Duh ;)"

I meant one that you chose, Duh :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It's My Life by Bon Jovi. I dunno, go figure :)

Talia The Hunger Games soundtrack and "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men

the fire burns inside me Lights by Ellie Goulding

Julia Holocene by Bon Iver. The new album had come out just as I was reading THG and now I associate basically the entire album with the books. But Holocene seems to be the one that triggers THG feelings the most.

Wanderlust I've not watched the film version & after DL the soundtrack i must stay so far none have really made me think of the book... *shrug*

Emily i think eyes open by taylor swift

Zelda The Cave by Mumford and Sons

message 13: by Sheyenne Sheathes ;) (last edited Jun 10, 2012 05:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheyenne Sheathes ;) Arms and A Thousand Years Christina Perri. (A thousand years for Peeta because he has been in love with her since they were 5). Unknown Solider by Breaking Benjamin. She's my ride home by Blue October (Katniss and Gale or Peeta and Katniss still can't decide grrr!) Girl On Fire- Arshard (Peeta)

P.S Didn't really like the soundtrack :/

message 14: by Tori (last edited Jun 10, 2012 09:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tori The Hunger Games soundtrack :-)

Kayla Emma wrote: "Lights by Ellie Goulding"

Lol seriously? I think of some retro dance party when I hear that song. XD

Maggie pale by within temptation... especially the part in the middle makes me think of Peeta

Elisabeth Eyes Open by Taylor Swift (because it was written for the hunger games)

message 18: by Faye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faye Butler I always imagined "Safe and Sound" By Taylor Swift to be played during the part where Katniss and Peeta were being lifted from the arena at the end of the first book. I dunno it just felt like it really fit that part.

message 19: by K (new) - rated it 5 stars

K Keep Breathing by Ingrid Michaelson. ^.^

Rosie Don't you remember by Adele for Mockingjay :)

message 21: by E (new) - rated it 5 stars

E Run by Snow Patrol, sung by Katharine McPhee. (She performed it on the TV show Smash.) The lyrics make me think of Katniss trying to help Peeta snap out of his delusions in the last seen as they are running in the sewers under the capitol.

message 22: by Adrianna (new) - added it

Adrianna Faye wrote: "I always imagined "Safe and Sound" By Taylor Swift to be played during the part where Katniss and Peeta were being lifted from the arena at the end of the first book. I dunno it just felt like it r..."

i always imagined that song for when they were on the train coming back

message 23: by Faye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faye Butler Adrianna wrote: i always imagined that song for when they were on the train coming back"

yeah i get that too

♥Mercy Styles♥ ~we're fireproof~ Stronger or What Doesn't Kill You by Kelly Clarkson :)

Wanderlust E wrote: "Run by Snow Patrol, sung by Katharine McPhee. (She performed it on the TV show Smash.) The lyrics make me think of Katniss trying to help Peeta snap out of his delusions in the last seen as they ..."
I can totally get that.

I am Youtube'ing all the songs i don't know :)

Another of my song is Closer to the Edge by 30 seconds to mars.

Wanderlust Sheyenne wrote: "Arms and A Thousand Years Christina Perri. (A thousand years for Peeta because he has been in love with her since they were 5). Unknown Solider by Breaking Benjamin. She's my ride home by Blue Octo..."

Love all of your song choices.

Kaitlyn (2 B Read) Set Fire To The Rain by Adele....almost MADE for that book.

Kaitlyn (2 B Read) Set Fire to The Rain by Adele...like that song was MADE for those books. It seems as though Katniss is talking.....to both Peeta and President Snow. (it switches)

Malena Marching Band, by Joe Brooks

Malena Kaitlyn (2 B Read) wrote: "Set Fire to The Rain by Adele...like that song was MADE for those books. It seems as though Katniss is talking.....to both Peeta and President Snow. (it switches)"
Totally! but which part is to President Snow?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ "What Have You Done" - Within Temptation

Kaitlyn (2 B Read) Malena wrote: "Kaitlyn (2 B Read) wrote: "Set Fire to The Rain by Adele...like that song was MADE for those books. It seems as though Katniss is talking.....to both Peeta and President Snow. (it switches)"
Totall..."

Here are some of the lyrics to explain.

But there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew.
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true,
And the games you play
You would always win, always win.

And also this part at the end.

I set fire to the rain,
And I threw us into the flames
Where it felt something die
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time, ohhhh!

Hailey Peterson Without you

Kayla Container Park by The Chemical Brothers. It doesn't even have lyrics.

Kimberley Mercy wrote: "Stronger or What Doesn't Kill You by Kelly Clarkson :)"

totally

message 36: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Miiller Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift, Eyes Open by Taylor Swift, and Perfect by Hedley (even though it really has nothing in it related to The Hunger Games at all. But everytime I heard it I was always reminded of The Hunger Games.).

Zelda The Cave, anyone?

message 38: by Summer (last edited Jun 11, 2012 07:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Summer Bring me to life - Evanescence

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

The Sun Will Set For You by Linkin Park. For when Rue dies :'(

Kelly Every single song by One Direction. They all relate to The Hunger Games at certain scenes. Also Live Like There's No Tomorrow by Selena Gomez.

Wanderlust Zelda - I can see The Cave working.
Starhyphen - Shadow of the day, I agree it can work if you ignore the room references :)
Kaitlyn (2 B Read) - Its a fab song, it totally works aswell IMO.

I think everyone's choice's must be affected by what type of music they listen to as some of the choices i really don't get but if everyone liked the same thing the world would be boring SO! Keep adding your song choices as i am still really interested.

Wanderlust Kimberley - I had never heard that Katy Perry song before you mentioned it but i agree i can see it working too :)

Teresa No Matter What by Papa Roach and Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Jamie (Geek Quad) wrote: "The hunger games soundtrack. Duh ;)"

lol, :)

Kelly Shona wrote: "Kimberley - I had never heard that Katy Perry song before you mentioned it but i agree i can see it working too :)"

Oh now you agree with her. In the other discussion you called her something.

message 46: by Wanderlust (last edited Jun 12, 2012 03:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wanderlust Kelly wrote: "Shona wrote: "Kimberley - I had never heard that Katy Perry song before you mentioned it but i agree i can see it working too :)"

Oh now you agree with her. In the other discussion you called her ..."

What are you talking about?
I am only part of five discussions - this, one about the next series someone read, an introduction one & two about being a reviewer.
You must be mistaken.

Malena Kaitlyn (2 B Read) wrote: "Malena wrote: "Kaitlyn (2 B Read) wrote: "Set Fire to The Rain by Adele...like that song was MADE for those books. It seems as though Katniss is talking.....to both Peeta and President Snow. (it sw..."

Oh, thanks! now I understand it all...

Kelly Shona wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Shona wrote: "Kimberley - I had never heard that Katy Perry song before you mentioned it but i agree i can see it working too :)"

Oh now you agree with her. In the other discussion y..."

I am so sorry. You have a similar name to this guy who called my friend something rude. His name is Shana and I got confused with yours. Once again I am so sorry.

message 49: by Jae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jae Keep holding on by Avril.I dont know why.I guess just because of the torture thoughs kids had to go through.

message 50: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Fight for you be Jason Derulo

« previous 1 3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Hunger Games (other topics)