Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
This topic is about City of Lost Souls
The Mortal Instruments > that awkward moment

Comments (showing 1-50 of 66) (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Alexa  | 37 comments which was the most awkward moment and weirdest in this book for you??

Hannah (Hannah1) | 910 comments Mod
Alexa wrote: "which was the most awkward moment and weirdest in this book for you??"

thats such a good question i feel like id have to read the book again to refresh my memory i cant come up with anything!

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 489 comments Mod
That is a good question! Hmmm...
Probably in City of Lost Souls when Sebastian kisses Clary knowing that she's his sister but I feel like there's another one I just can't think of it right now

Alexa  | 37 comments I feel like its when Sebastian ask clary if jace satisfied her like he would of i was wow are u serious??

Rachel | 50 comments Yeah I would say when Sebastian kisses Clary in City of Lost Souls I was like WHAT????

I recon when Simon had to tell his sister what he was now n she didn't believe him at first, it was only a short moment of disbelieve but I felt sorry n awkward for him

Evelyn Grey  Lockwood (fairystori) Alexa wrote: "I feel like its when Sebastian ask clary if jace satisfied her like he would of i was wow are u serious??"

i totaly agree i havent read the book but just hearing about it makes me feel awkward!

Alexa  | 37 comments lol^^

☆♥☆Kotyonok★♡★ when Clary rejects Jace like he starts kissing her but she says im not the mood i dont feel like it and Jace is just like "wt....."
then he goes and takes a shower and its all awkward when he comes out.....AND THEN WHILE LOOKING AT A TALE OF TWO CITIES YOU HAVE A NOTE FROM WILL SAYING WITH HOPE AT LAST!!!!!! (AHHH HERONDALE BLOODLINES!) B>))

message 10: by Noor (last edited Jun 17, 2012 03:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 142 comments Katrin wrote: "AND THEN WHILE LOOKING AT A TALE OF TWO CITIES YOU HAVE A NOTE FROM WILL SAYING WITH HOPE AT LAST!!!!!! (AHHH HERONDALE BLOODLINES!) B>)) "

HAHA! I loved the note! I was like "WILLLL!!!!" and yeah i loved the subtle ties it had to ID- the clockwork angel in the glass case, the note and im sure there's one more, but I forget...

and i wonder why the angel is in the case, did tesa do something utterly heroic for it to end up there, or was it something teh angel did? Whatever it was it means something epic happened that it was worth going down in history! Cant wait till 2013 when CP2 comes out!!!!

message 11: by Noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 142 comments for me it was when izzy showed up at jordan and simon's place and advanced on jordan just to see if she can forget about simon, then i loved the whole confession with her and jordan, but the beginning was awkward. :)

message 12: by Noor (last edited Jun 17, 2012 03:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 142 comments Rachel wrote: "Yeah I would say when Sebastian kisses Clary in City of Lost Souls I was like WHAT????"

technically he didnt just kiss her, he tried to rape her- when he reached for her pant's button, and the whole scene was about him trying to control her and her not wanting it soooo yeahhh

Alexa  | 37 comments Noor wrote: "for me it was when izzy showed up at jordan and simon's place and advanced on jordan just to see if she can forget about simon, then i loved the whole confession with her and jordan, but the beginn..."
yeah that whole conversattion though was kinda funny but really awkward

Rosie | 59 comments When Clary and Jace are kissing for the first time and Simon walks in on them. lol. so awkward

Evelyn Grey  Lockwood (fairystori) LOVED that moment was laughing so hard!

(Aero)driguez (Aerodriguez) in "City of Bones" when Eric is reciting the poem. I was laughing SO hard in AR.

☆♥☆Kotyonok★♡★ Oh When Clary asks Isabelle for like advice in COFA and then they get into like Clary and Jace sleeping together and Izzy is like 'im sure Jace has done it' and clary is blushing like crazy....

message 18: by Badwolf (new)

Badwolf | 2 comments probably at the seelie court in city of bones when the queen made jace and clary kiss and simon was freaking out. or in the first book when jace and clary first go back to lukes and just happen to run into simon and they have to explain to simon about the shadowhunters and everything

Alexa  | 37 comments Katrin (kitkatkathy!) wrote: "Oh When Clary asks Isabelle for like advice in COFA and then they get into like Clary and Jace sleeping together and Izzy is like 'im sure Jace has done it' and clary is blushing like crazy...."

omg yeah

Badwolf wrote: "probably at the seelie court in city of bones when the queen made jace and clary kiss and simon was freaking out. or in the first book when jace and clary first go back to lukes and just happen to ..."

Yes I loved the see lie court part so so much I re read it like 1000 times but it would have been awkward for clary, jace and Simon

Alexa  | 37 comments if i were clary i would have died on the scence (at th seelie court) and in front of everyone!!!and then the
queen calls them out that they enjoyed more than she did. AWKWARD

Hannah wrote: "Badwolf wrote: "probably at the seelie court in city of bones when the queen made jace and clary kiss and simon was freaking out. or in the first book when jace and clary first go back to lukes and..."

I think it was my favorite part in City of Ashes but as everyone said it would have been really awkward...

message 23: by Badwolf (last edited Jul 02, 2012 05:04AM) (new)

Badwolf | 2 comments yeah i really liked that part too, but i felt bad for simon. isnt that the night he gets turned into a vampire?

Yeah. Poor Simon...

Anjie (LovethyShelf) (anjieeeb) Alexa wrote: "I feel like its when Sebastian ask clary if jace satisfied her like he would of i was wow are u serious??"

Yess! my thoughts exactly.. His mind is so perverted and so sick.

message 26: by Maddie (new) - added it

Maddie | 10 comments Anjie wrote: "Alexa wrote: "I feel like its when Sebastian ask clary if jace satisfied her like he would of i was wow are u serious??"

Yess! my thoughts exactly.. His mind is so perverted and so sick."

This is horrible, but Sebastian is my favorite character. I just love him. I feel sorry for him. The reason why he is the way he is is because he's never been shown love and he doesn't know how.

Roselinta | 8 comments every single time Clary did something without thinking it through and that leading to someone getting hurt. Oh Clary...

Alexa  | 37 comments Maddie wrote: "Anjie wrote: "Alexa wrote: "I feel like its when Sebastian ask clary if jace satisfied her like he would of i was wow are u serious??"

Yess! my thoughts exactly.. His mind is so perverted and so ..."

yeah

Anjie (LovethyShelf) (anjieeeb) Maddie wrote: "Anjie wrote: "Alexa wrote: "I feel like its when Sebastian ask clary if jace satisfied her like he would of i was wow are u serious??"

Yeah, I do feel bad for him, but I mean even he should know the difference between right and wrong. I actually did like him until he went and almost raped Clary. I know it must suck knowing that your father had a different son that he preferred. He didn't have the best upbringing but you know, work hard enough to get away from that.

Miranda (pomegranate_love7) | 4 comments one awkward moment that stands out is in City of Glass when Clary walks in when Jace is making out with Aline. And then Jace telling Clary that she's a disaster and she doesn't belong in the Shadowhunter world, while Alec and Isabelle stand on the sidelines

Alexa  | 37 comments Miranda wrote: "one awkward moment that stands out is in City of Glass when Clary walks in when Jace is making out with Aline. And then Jace telling Clary that she's a disaster and she doesn't belong in the Shadow..."
Omg yeah that was really awkward i would have pretended i didn't see or interrupt anything and just walk slowly out the door..but where is the fun in that

Evelyn Grey  Lockwood (fairystori) Evelyn Grey *Shadowhunter* wrote: "Alexa wrote: "I feel like its when Sebastian ask clary if jace satisfied her like he would of i was wow are u serious??"

i totaly agree i havent read the book but just hearing about it makes me f..."

ok i have now read it and yeah it was really awkward! i also thought it was awkward in the epilogue when Clary went to see Jace after she stabbed him. he was awkward around her, and she thought that Jace hated her so she was awkward. then Jace gave this speach about them needing each other, and it was just all out awkward!

Alexa  | 37 comments Evelyn Grey *Shadowhunter* wrote: "Evelyn Grey *Shadowhunter* wrote: "Alexa wrote: "I feel like its when Sebastian ask clary if jace satisfied her like he would of i was wow are u serious??"

i totaly agree i havent read the book b..."

lol yay u read it!! and yes that was awkward

Jenny | 50 comments The weirdest moment is definitely when Sebastian kissed Clary in CoLs and said something like "I belong to you." Gosh that part creeped me out way too much.

Alexa  | 37 comments Jenny wrote: "The weirdest moment is definitely when Sebastian kissed Clary in CoLs and said something like "I belong to you." Gosh that part creeped me out way too much."

yep i was like "omg you sick boy!"

Katie (KS72) LOLOLOL That is hilarious!

Islam Ahmed (islamahmed0904) By the way the that Seelie Court scene was in City of Ashes.
Awkward moments-
1) Seelie Court
2) Sebastian kissing Clary in City of Glass when they went to look for the Fell dude who turned out to be Magnus

I most certainly have more but i have to think of them, when i get them i will post them

message 38: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya | 3 comments The awkward moment when :

Clary brought out two rings and Simon thought they were getting married.

Sebastion tried to rape his own sister.

Jace,a badass shadowhunter can make eggs while Clary and Sebastion couldn't.

Valentine got rejected by the angel. ( HAHA)

Katie (KS72) Omg I remember when Jace made breakfast for them. I loved that part.

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) When Clary walked in on Jace and Aline making out. I felt soooo sorry for especially when Jace yelled at her after.

message 41: by T.J. (new) - rated it 3 stars

T.J. | 111 comments That awkward moment AFTER...
you slap a sexy Shadowhunter for only being 90% sure that marking Clary wouldn't kill her.

message 42: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola | 15 comments “Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you’d get dressed up in a nurse’s outfit and give me a sponge bath?" asked Jace.
"It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath."
"As soon as I’m back on my feet, handsome," said Simon.

message 43: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola | 15 comments "In future, Clarissa," he said, "it might be wise to mention that you already have a man in your bed, to avoid such tedious situations."
"You invited him into bed?" Simon demanded, looking shaken.
"Ridiculous, isn't it?" said Jace. "We would never have all fit."
"I didn't invite him into bed," Clary snapped. "We were just kissing."

Mally (mally2232567) | 8 comments that awkward moment whclaryen walks in on
with his two women and then later there's blood everywhere.

Olivia Quinn (Never_trust_aDuck) | 17 comments When Sebastian tried to rape Clary! very awkward moment! Told my friends and they were like "OMG really, ewww they are brother and sister"
Can't wait for the next book! march 19th 2014, thats ages away! i can't wait that long!(:

message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2013 08:58AM) (new)

Sebastian trying to rape Clary, Clary walking in on Aline and Jace and later Jace yelling at her in front of Alec and Izzy, Izzy throwing herself at Jordan, the scene in the Seelie Court when Jace and Clary kiss...I also thought when Simon first summoned The Angel (Raziel) was also a bit awkward at first thinking The Angel would smite him.

message 47: by Tanaz (last edited Jan 26, 2013 03:01AM) (new) - added it

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) Anjie wrote : "Maddie wrote: "Anjie wrote: "Alexa wrote: "I feel like its when Sebastian ask clary if jace satisfied her like he would of i was wow are u serious??"

Yeah, I do feel bad for him, but I mean even he should know the difference between right and wrong. I actually did like him until he went and almost raped Clary. I know it must suck knowing that your father had a different son that he preferred. He didn't have the best upbringing but you know, work hard enough to get away from that. "

Okay here's the thing. I feel sorry for Sebastian. Not because he's never known love and all that crap. I feel sorry for him because if we all paused for a second and flashbacked to the previous books and remember that Valentine had "turned him into a monster" by feeding him demon blood before he was born...well you can't blame Sebastian for being the freaking psychopath he is. He was twisted before he even had the chance to choose. Or learn the difference between right and wrong. He's just broken beyond repair. I can't blame him, and I feel sorry for him and if I cry when he dies (because i do hope he dies...come on he killed Max and nearly raped clary) it'll be because he was the best antagonist EVER!!!!

message 48: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2013 09:06AM) (new)

I honestly think Sebastian cannot be redeemed no matter how many people think he will be or hope for him...I think, sadly, as awesome of a villian he is, there is just not future for him. Why else did Clary not stab Sebastian instead of Jace, not just because Jace was conveniently there and she could not get to Sebastian but because the series would have ended then and there if she did. Because he would have died because there is too much evil in him to be burned away, unlike Jace-who lived. The Angel did say that if there is too much evil, then that person will die upon the sword if they get stabbed. I feel sorry for Sebastian, too, and despite what Valentine did to him, I think deep down there is some tiny goodness in him that he doesn't seem to quite understand but that goodness does come out throughout CoLS with Clary (i.e. when he is taking her around the cities they'd visited, buying her that hot chocolate and croissant in Paris, saving her from that demon...) He could have let her died and he didn't have to do that for her, he already knew she didn't like him and want him as a brother. And yes, he did want her solely so she could help him "burn down the world," but I do still think there is some goodness in him...otherwise why bother with all the kindness...even if it were to get her to trust him. He knew how she felt. I think Sebastian really did want her a sister, and at times, he did feel completely alone...Clary even mentioned his loneliness to Jace at the end.

Katie (KS72) Awww...there COULD be a sweet side in Sebastian...this is Valentines fault.

message 50: by Tanaz (new) - added it

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) Say "Like" if ya'll hate Valentine for turning sebastian into a monster! (just trying it out)

« previous 1

Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers!

unread topics | mark unread