Chicks On Lit discussion

I'm giving away books!**Please read,updated 1/24/09**

Comments (showing 1-50 of 66) (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jo (last edited Jan 07, 2009 09:18AM) (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments Yup, you read right! A grab-bag of 6 paperback books in near perfact condition!

I'm starting with Mysteries so mystery lovers, post your name in this thread if you're interested. I'll print out everyone's name, toss them in a jar, mix em up & pick a winner! I'll annouce the winner here on Saturday and you can message me your address through here on Goodreads.

Since I have a lot of mysteries, I may pick 2 winners to start! I also have romance, romantic thrillers and suspense paperbacks that I'll be giving away later!

My only condition: Give away the ones you aren't going to keep!

Shelby *wants some flying monkeys* oh oh me me! :)

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (misslaurenwilk) I'm in! =)

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather (andshewontsleep) | 19 comments Oh Jo, that is so awesome of you to do this! I'd like to have my name thrown in the jar.. I know there are a handful of Heather's here, so you can put me down as Heather R.

message 5: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) That's so nice, Jo! I'd like my name tossed in the jar!

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (oneofeach) Oh how nice of you! I'd love to be in the jar too!!

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 7 comments I would love to be involved! =)

message 8: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (DollyA) I'd like to be in on this too:)

message 9: by Carmen (last edited Jan 08, 2009 10:16AM) (new)

Carmen | 5 comments I'm interested! :) I like mysteries, especially ones with forensics (like Kathy Reichs and Patricia Cornwell), and female detectives (official or not). I like who dunits, and crafting and foodie mysteries sound interesting too. :)

message 10: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (LoveMyFrogs) | 12 comments Hey Jo, Count me in. I love mysteries, horror and thrillers. Anything would be welcomed gladly.

message 11: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 384 comments ME ME ME!!!!!

message 12: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 5 comments Add me to the name jar please!! What a great way idea! I promise to pass along to my assistant at work as we are always "book talking" & would love it!

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments I should've thought of this with the 1st post but, I've got what seem to me to be strait forward who dunit mysteries, foodie mysteries, crafting mysteries, flower shop mysteries and so on along with the romantic thrillers. (I myself have tried mysteries but don't really like them, these are all from my Aunt who LOVES them!)

For those of you who haven't mentioned if you have a mystery preference and you actually have one, could you please "edit" your comments above to include your preference if you have one? I'd greatly appreciate it!

message 14: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 5 comments I like all those! I'm easy that way..just love to read.

message 15: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (LoveMyFrogs) | 12 comments I'd like to pass on the romantic thrillers, it's just not my cup of tea. Any of the others would be great!
Thanks for your offer.

Shelby *wants some flying monkeys* foodie mysteries, crafting mysteries..for me :)

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (oneofeach) I prefer the who dunit and romantic thrillers :)

message 18: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments I'll check here tomorrow am to see if there are any other names to add to the jar - check here tomorrow afternoon for the winner!

message 19: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments hey! give me a toss in please!

message 20: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments oh yeah.. quickie mysteries rock my socks!:)sounds like a GREAT plan jo!

message 21: by Jo (last edited Jan 09, 2009 01:11PM) (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments You've been tossed in Mich!

"Quickie mysteries rock my socks!" Now there's a sentence you don't hear every day! Love it!

Quickies can rock my socks too... Oh wait, we're talking quickie books, not... ;)

message 22: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments HA>. lets just say i've been feelin' my age these days.. and its not groovy!
thanks for the toss-in too!

message 23: by Monika (new)

Monika (marriedmurder) | 130 comments Can you please add me to your list?

Thank you! Thats really sweet of you to do a give-away list!

message 24: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments Monika, your name's in the jar!

message 25: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments Winners: Brandie, Mich & Shelby! Message me your addresses and I'll get the books out to you sometime this week or the coming weekend. (I'll send you a message to let you know the day they're in the mail).

**In 2 weeks I'm going to do this again so for those of you who didn't win today, you may in 2 weeks! I've got who-dunit's, romantic thrillers/suspense and romance still left**

message 26: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments OMG!!! too cool! thanks!
good 'tossin' there darlin!

Shelby *wants some flying monkeys* OMG>>>>>I won something! doing the happy dance.....

message 29: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments You're both quite welcome!

message 30: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments I've got everyone's addy's (who won above) so the rest of you can check back here on Sat 1/24 to see who's next!

message 31: by Monika (new)

Monika (marriedmurder) | 130 comments thanks! and congrats to those who won!

message 32: by Katt (last edited Jan 12, 2009 10:14AM) (new)

Katt (dragonflybookworm) Jo--What a wonderful way to clean your book shelves :-D
I would like to be added for the next give away please...:0)
If your still taking names that is.

message 33: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments I sure am - Your name is now in the jar Kitty! I figure I'll keep doing this every 2 weeks until there aren't any left!

message 34: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) Thanks, Jo!!!

message 35: by Katt (new)

Katt (dragonflybookworm) Thank you Jo :0)

message 36: by Contusions (new)

Contusions (ContusionsOfGrandeur) | 145 comments Hey Jo, toss my name in there too! Thanks!

message 37: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments Sure April!

message 38: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (FindingJackie) | 214 comments Pick me, pick me! LOL

I'd be game for some suspense/thrillers.

message 39: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (trvljunkie) | 1 comments OOh please add me too!

message 40: by Corinna (new)

Corinna (vegasnative) | 70 comments Hi Jo, I'm fairly new here, but I'd love to throw my name in the jar if you don't mind. :)

message 41: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (LoveMyFrogs) | 12 comments Add me again. Maybe this time is charmed!

message 42: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 384 comments me me are we always in the jar?

message 43: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments Everyone who originally posted they were interested is still in the jar & I've added the new names as well! You're in the jar until you win or I run out of these books, which ever comes first!

message 44: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 24 comments I would love my name to be in the jar!! I used to work in flower shop for 30 years so they would interest me a lot!

message 45: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (DollyA) Congrats to the round one winners :)

message 46: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments Shelby, Mich & Brandie, your books will go out no later than Wed, Jan 21. Hubby & I were running sun up to sun down this weekend & I didn't have a chance to run to the post office. Please accept my sincere apologies!

Shelby *wants some flying monkeys* Don't worry about it Jo! Thanks for letting us have em. :)

message 48: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) | 3029 comments Thanks for understanding Shelby!

message 49: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments Oh, add my name! Thanks!

message 50: by Beth (new)

Beth Larabee | 51 comments I'd like to go in the jar!!!!

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread