Muggles on Magic discussion

Group Discussions > What is the most important part from the books that were left out of the movies?

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknerd(Gof)) (new)

Booknerd(Gof)) (Crazyforhungergamesgirl) | 46 comments And the first movie left tuns out

message 2: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (last edited Oct 24, 2012 08:52AM) (new)

Graham Haehnle  | 339 comments Mod
I think the *most important left out feature is the memories in Half Blod Prince, that show *Voldemort's past and which *horcruxes are out there.

message 3: by Moni (new)

Moni | 50 comments YEP!

message 4: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 112 comments I think there wasn't enough backstory on Harry's emotions. It just made it seem like he would fight with his friends every year and didn't have much reason as the books.

message 5: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Belton | 2 comments It was wierd to me how good the 5th movie was, even though it was the least "good" book. Poor editing, I think. The 4th movie left so much out, but to me the 3rd totally missed the mark when it didn't have Sirius say, "You truly are your father's son." I know its just one line, but that line encompassed the entire theme of the best of the shorter books. I also agree I really wanted to see more of Voldemort's past in the 6th movie.

message 6: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 112 comments Y34h, 1 W4nt3d To S33 Mor3 Of Vold3's P4st too.

message 7: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

Ditto man ditto!

message 8: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 112 comments Yeah, it would've been so cool to see more of the flashback with voldemort's mother.

message 9: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 112 comments I agree, more flashbacks. ;(
I didn't mind the romance, but i thought it seemed like the shortest movie.

message 10: by Peeves (new)

Peeves (too-crazy) | 7 comments Peeves was always left out in the movie! i have always wanted to know what he looks like. although this is not a important part of the book.

I actually wanted to see the Riddle House(book 4) more than anything but they always seem to skip the first chapter in the movies.

message 11: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 112 comments Yeah, i wanted to see more of that too..! More details i was looking forward to, yaknow? Like what a treacle tart was and stuff..
They also left out two of the challenges to get to the Sorcerers stone >:0
The potions and the troll.

message 12: by Peeves (new)

Peeves (too-crazy) | 7 comments Yes omg the potions! Since i had actually watched the movie(1st) before reading the book i was shocked that they actually cut out the potions challenge.. but i was satisfied after playing the game in Pottermore. hehe.

message 13: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 112 comments WOW, what if Hermione had made the wrong choice and Harry drank the wrong potion; killing him. Then Voldemort returned to power and the world was thrust into chaos because Snape's riddle was too difficult. O_O

message 14: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

Peeves wrote: "Peeves was always left out in the movie! i have always wanted to know what he looks like. although this is not a important part of the book.

I actually wanted to see the Riddle House(book 4) more ..."

Actually, the riddle house is shown. More than twise

That would totaly suck if he had taken the wrong potion!

message 15: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 112 comments Yeah! The world would've been doomed if that had happened! It's kinda weird to think of all the accidents that could've killed Harry...!
But of course, the series wouldn't have been nearly as good of course! :)

Aiyana, A PotterWhoLockian You guys are awful at spelling....

I thought the 6th movie was one of the worst. I loved the 5th, though nobody else does, it's so well done, but everybody thinks its bad because he's cruel to his friends, but that's how it was in the book!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Spelling? Where? I don't know if I can correct all of it... :(

Aiyana, A PotterWhoLockian It's in the first posts

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah. Okay.
*most, *Voldemort, *horcruxes
I'm not even going to bother correcting capitalization errors... I am disappoint. :(

message 20: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

Hadley Star~Even heroes have the right to dream wrote: "Ah. Okay.
*most, *Voldemort, *horcruxes
I'm not even going to bother correcting capitalization errors... I am disappoint. :("

my appologies. i am a naturaly poor speller. :(

message 21: by Ali (new)

Ali (bookloverthoughts) | 7 comments I wanted to see Peeves and Snape's Riddle that Hermione solved. I also wanted to see all those funny Weasley twin moments that they left out!! I <3 Fred and George!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I kinda wanted them to show the dead party hunt thingy

message 23: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

Madeline

ser Nicolases death day party. i also wanted to see that!

unread topics | mark unread