YA Paranormal Innovation discussion

Song to Wake to (Levels, # 1)
This topic is about Song to Wake to
Song to Wake to

Comments (showing 1-35 of 35) (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

J.D. Field (jdfield) | 91 comments Mod
This is where you get to tell us all the bits you liked, and the bits you didn't like. Who knows, there might still be time to improve it...

So people are checking out the thread and not posting...
Hmm. Maybe a prompt?

What do you think of Maddie's relationship with her Mum? Does it work? should I have dealt with her father more?

Lex (Fastidious Reader) I'd love to read it but I don't know where will I get it. I don't have credit card and its hard to order it in my country. :(

Oh Lexie I'm sooorrrryyy. When I release it in paperback it will be available in some local bookshops. I don't know if it will reach the Philippines, but maybe...

Don't forget to enter the give aways. There will be one on my facebook page. Can you read ebooks?

Lex (Fastidious Reader) J.D. wrote: "Oh Lexie I'm sooorrrryyy. When I release it in paperback it will be available in some local bookshops. I don't know if it will reach the Philippines, but maybe...

Don't forget to enter the give aw..."

Yes, I can. I saw that you have a giveaway but its open to US and GB only. Or is it internationally? If yes, then I'll join! :)

Johnna (zoeys-mom) | 1 comments I think that Maddie's relationship with her mom was pretty good. They seemed pretty close even though you know Maddie resented her at times. But I would like to know more about her father. Maybe in the next book?

Lexie wrote: "J.D. wrote: "Oh Lexie I'm sooorrrryyy. When I release it in paperback it will be available in some local bookshops. I don't know if it will reach the Philippines, but maybe...

Don't forget to ente..."

If you win, we'll find a way :)

Johnna wrote: "I think that Maddie's relationship with her mom was pretty good. They seemed pretty close even though you know Maddie resented her at times. But I would like to know more about her father. Maybe in..."

Rock Anthem doesn't include her father, and nor will Lullaby of Lies. In a way the story is going to move forward very quickly for the first four or five books, it might be book 6 or 7 when Maddie isn't a main character, and we can look into her background a bit.

The funny thing is that when I decided that her father would be absent I didn't know exactly what the mystery would be. Now I've got some ideas, but they're still building.

One of them is cool, though... :)

Lex (Fastidious Reader) J.D. wrote: "Lexie wrote: "J.D. wrote: "Oh Lexie I'm sooorrrryyy. When I release it in paperback it will be available in some local bookshops. I don't know if it will reach the Philippines, but maybe...

Don't ..."

Thank you J.D.! :)

Lex (Fastidious Reader) Hey J.D. I'm trying to join on your giveaway here in GR, but can't join since my zip code is not listed. :(

Christina Rodriguez (Christina316) I'm not sure where to put this question so here it goes: Will there be a book trailer for Songs to Wake to?

I think it would be great! :-)

Lexie wrote: "Hey J.D. I'm trying to join on your giveaway here in GR, but can't join since my zip code is not listed. :("

Don't worry. I'll have another one on FB. Plus, the ebook will be free on Amazon soon...

Christina wrote: "I'm not sure where to put this question so here it goes: Will there be a book trailer for Songs to Wake to?

I think it would be great! :-)"

You're absolutely right. It would be great. I'm really not sure how to go about it, though. I don't have the skills myself, and the books aren't making enough money to pay for one. One idea I had was to have a competition for who could make the best youtube clip, and I'd give the winner my computer as a prize...
What do you think?

Lex (Fastidious Reader) J.D. wrote: "Lexie wrote: "Hey J.D. I'm trying to join on your giveaway here in GR, but can't join since my zip code is not listed. :("

Don't worry. I'll have another one on FB. Plus, the ebook will be free on..."

Thanks J.D! I can't wait for that one! :)

Jean (JeanDoe) | 6 comments Greetings to the Group.
I have read Part One of Book One, Song to Wake.
My first question is...
why was book one written and published in two parts?

Jean (JeanDoe) | 6 comments I would like to say that.. so far I like Eddy Moon, he is my favorite character.
I think that his shyness is endearing.
His ability to do what he thinks is the right thing to do,
regardless of what others say and think,
is also attractive.

Jean (JeanDoe) | 6 comments I am not sure how I feel about Maddy's character right now, the jury is still out.

Jean wrote: "Greetings to the Group.
I have read Part One of Book One, Song to Wake.
My first question is...
why was book one written and published in two parts?"

hi jean, I did this so I could give away the first part for free. I thought I might tempt people into buying the 2nd part...

Have you read it all the way through?

Jean wrote: "I would like to say that.. so far I like Eddy Moon, he is my favorite character.
regardless of wha..."

I'm so glad you like him. making somebody shy, but at the same time having the abilities and uniqueness that he does, was very tricky...

I'm writing number 3 at the moment, and this is a useful piece of information. I'll look again at how I've written him, thinking about his shyness

Christina Rodriguez (Christina316) J.D. wrote: "Christina wrote: "I'm not sure where to put this question so here it goes: Will there be a book trailer for Songs to Wake to?

You're absolutely right. It would be..."

I think you should do the competition and just offer an ARC of the next book in the Levels series! :-) and I also think in order to get more people to buy the books you should make a Facebook Page, a blog (separate from GR)and get your members to tweet about Song to wake to and Rock Anthem! :-) The more the books are being mentioned the more people will buy and be interested in them.

The series also needs to be grammar checked and I think that more people will be interested. I for one like the concept of the series but find it hard to get into the books when there is too many mistakes. I don't say it offend anyone but i think it will help.

Anyways I hope this helps! :-)

Christina Rodriguez (Christina316) Christina wrote: "J.D. wrote: "Christina wrote: "I'm not sure where to put this question so here it goes: Will there be a book trailer for Songs to Wake to?

You're absolutely right..."

Okay scratch Facebook since I didn't see the link! :-)

Christina wrote: "J.D. wrote: "Christina wrote: "I'm not sure where to put this question so here it goes: Will there be a book trailer for Songs to Wake to?

You're absolutely right..."

Thanks for your help Christina. I'm really sorry about the grammar, heaven knows i've checked it tons of times...
if you remember anything glaring, pleeeease let me know

Jean (JeanDoe) | 6 comments J.D. wrote: "Jean wrote: "I would like to say that.. so far I like Eddy Moon, he is my favorite character.
rega..."

ok..
maybe 'shy' is not the correct word.
maybe 'quiet', you know the strong quiet type is a better description of Eddy.

Jean (JeanDoe) | 6 comments And
I agree with Christina,
I think that a competition and free next book is a good incentive..

Shirley  | 7 comments OK, so I'm late to the party. Nothing new there. When I joined the group I hadn't read Song to Wake to, but the good news is that the group reminded me that I had the book and prompted me to read it. I started it last night and finished it this afternoon. As far as the grammar goes, I noticed it, but I don't judge a book by that. For me it's the story and this one was amazing. I'm a sucker for mythology and I know it's a stretch but King Arthur and the Round Table fall into that category for me.
As far as your prompt question? Will we learn more about Maddie's dad? Sometimes that kind of info comes later. If it isn't relevant, it doesn't matter.
I can't wait to start the next book. The Epilogue was intriguing and the synopsis of the next book has me on pins and needles. Well done!
I'll be posting my review within the week.

Jean (JeanDoe) | 6 comments How many books will be in the series?
I know that you mentioned it but I do not see it and don't remeber.
sorry =)

Shirley wrote: "OK, so I'm late to the party. Nothing new there. When I joined the group I hadn't read Song to Wake to, but the good news is that the group reminded me that I had the book and prompted me to read i..."

Thanks so much for your positive feedback, Shirley.

Maddie's dad is going to come into it, though not straight away. I'm still working out the impact he will have on the story...

Planning a series like this is SUCH fun, you can't imagine.

Jean wrote: "How many books will be in the series?
I know that you mentioned it but I do not see it and don't remeber.
sorry =)"

As to the how many books, potentially more than twelve. In my plan the story follows the two years at the school, and the focus moves between different characters at the school. Maddie will only be the lead - I think - of the first three, and the last one, though she will be in all of them, of course...

just had another idea about her father. Will drop a big clue into lullaby of lies... :)

I just noticed that amazon is discounting the paperback version of song to wake to (not sure how they do that), it's currently eight bucks something...

http://www.amazon.com/Song-Wake-Level...

Jasmine Wingate (pandagirl824) | 1 comments I just got back into reading on my kindle again, and this was the first one I chose. I had bought back a while ago but never got to reading it. But I cannot believe how amazing it was. I was sad when it was done. But I'll soon start reading Rock Anthem. Can't wait!

Jasmine wrote: "I just got back into reading on my kindle again, and this was the first one I chose. I had bought back a while ago but never got to reading it. But I cannot believe how amazing it was. I was sad wh..."

Hi jasmine! So glad you like it!

PostCardashian Kim | 1 comments Hi everybody this is just to say that I think I'm the biggest fan of this book, ever. One of the groups I'm in is voting to have it as their book of the month and I REALLY want to discuss it, so pleeeeeease vote

It's here:

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/70...

Thanks!
Kimmy

SONG TO WAKE TO IS GOING FREE!
That's it, really. 16th, 17th, and 18th September the eBook is going free on Amazon...

Song to Wake to has been around for a year and a half now, and I'm working on book 4.
The 4 horsemen are taking leading roles. What do you want to know about them?

unread topics | mark unread