Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

This & That > Groups on Goodreads

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10698 comments Do you belong to a group here on Goodreads that you want to recommend? Feel free to let us know about exciting groups that may interest others here at HEAC.

message 2: by Heather L (last edited Jun 02, 2012 01:30PM) (new)

Heather L (WordTrix) | 887 comments My top three besides this one would be:

Cozy Mysteries: We do a featured author each month instead of a group read, as well as challenges. I've been introduced to a lot of new-to-me mystery writers through the featured authors.

The Next Best Book Club: A general book group. There are two group reads a month--one contemporary fiction/nonfiction, and one classic. I tend to spend a lot of time in some of the game threads, too.

Classics For Beginners: Group reads, buddy reads, reading suggestions, etc. (I believe the lovely Pamela is in this one, too.)

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10698 comments Thanks, Heather ☺

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 11 comments I am a mod over at The Lost Challenges. We are getting reaady to start a team scavenger hunt challenge. There are lots of other challenges from easy to difficult and any genre is accepted.

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10698 comments Thanks for the info, Dawn!

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 15469 comments One of my favorite groups is SOS, or Serious Overload of Series. They have the best challenges, IMHO.

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10698 comments Thanks, Lisa Kay ☺

♥Robin ♥ (Scoobydoo0811) Lisa Kay wrote: "One of my favorite groups is SOS, or Serious Overload of Series. They have the best challenges, IMHO."

This looks like a great group LK but you know me I would jump in all those challenges....like I need more LOLOLOLOL

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 15469 comments Oh, yeah, Robin! You would go crazy there. I try to contain myself. Not! **hee hee**

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1488 comments I'd like to mention the Pamela Clare Fan Group here on GR. Pamela is not only a fantastic author, but a great lady who works to improve the lives of men and women everywhere. She writes awesome Historical Romance as well as Romantic Suspense.

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10698 comments Thanks, Dhes! Wonderful group!

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 15469 comments Yes, Dhes, she is a wonderful writer. I have a couple of hers lined up to read soon:

Sweet Release (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #1) by Pamela Clare Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare

Ella Frank (EllaFrank) | 69 comments Hey everyone!

I am here to post a thread to invite all you authors and readers out there that are interested in a Read to Review program!

We have a bunch of eager readers (and always need more), over in this group and would love to read and REVIEW a book for you on either GR's, Amazon, or your blog..

WHERE EVER you want them too, even all three! It is a great chance to get some feedback, if you are starting out. You get to choose how many books to provide and you get to pick the timeline you want them done by.

So hop on over to the :

Butterflying awesome book club with BUTTERFLYING awesome people! <3

and join up and meet us!!

Ella

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 7813 comments The group that got me started on Goodreads is the Romance Forum Refugees. It's a great group started when Amazon had all their forum problems back in May 2011. Lots of great recs, discussions, writing group and the odd game... I know a lot of you here are already on it too.

Just to let you know Mods I'm really enjoying being part of this group as well.

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 15469 comments Thanks, Lisa!

message 16: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10698 comments Thanks, Lisa. I believe I'm a member there ☺

Melissa | 911 comments http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7... and http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/5... are two of my favorite groups here on goodreads.

Read by theme has a different theme every month rather than a book read. This months is teenage protaganism and last months was set in England. I've really been going through my TBR stacks finding books to fit the theme rather than finding the one book that the group is reading for the month.

Genre Readers is fun in that we talk about different genre's and get suggestions of books in that genre. There is a mix of group reads, challenges and theme reads so that you can always find something that works for you. There is a classics challenge, a fantasy challenge, a steampunk theme read and a group read all going on right now. It is a smaller group as its just getting started but I like reading new things so checking out the different genres out there has been fun.

message 18: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10698 comments Sounds great, Melissa. Thanks!

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 15469 comments It does!

Abigail Sharpe (AbigailSharpe) | 1123 comments I'm on a few groups, mostly romance related because I'm a sucker for Happily Ever Afters. I look for inclusiveness and lots of activity because I talk a lot and I don't like talking to myself. I'll do it, but I don't like it. :)

Dawn, once my book comes out, how do I get it as part of a scavenger hunt? Because that sounds like so much fun!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1488 comments We're doing a little housecleaning here in the Happily Ever After Cafe!

Because some threads get lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday posting, we're giving them permanent homes.

This thread has been moved to the This & That Folder.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sweet Release (other topics)
Extreme Exposure (other topics)