City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Are there any books similar to The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices

Comments (showing 1-50 of 124) (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Christy Are there any books similar to The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices? I have read these and they are GREAT!!! I was just wondering if anyone could refer some for me.. Thanks!!!

LaRinda She wrote another series that is said to be a prequel to Mortal Instruments. I haven't started them yet but the series is called The Infernal Devices.

Naadirah Khanom i absolutely love cassandra clare's books. if u love jace i think youll love obsidian (lux series) by jennifer armentrout and i also loved vampire academy series by richelle mead. definitely check these out.

Lavender Ooh, there's a book series that began last year by Katy Cross beginning with The Girl in the Steel Corset. It's a steampunk/Victorian book, more like Infernal Devices than Mortal Instruments, but I love the series.

Christy Alright Thanks I'll check them out!!!

Sandra Naadirah wrote: "i absolutely love cassandra clare's books. if u love jace i think youll love obsidian (lux series) by jennifer armentrout and i also loved vampire academy series by richelle mead. definitely check ..."

I love the lux series you should def check it out.

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Nothing is quite simalar-But here are some other series I liked:
1) Vampire Academy

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexia -Team Malec :) wrote: "Nothing is quite simalar-But here are some other series I liked:
1) Vampire Academy"

I love VA series its EPIC!! I just got to finish the series.

PostCardashian Kim vampire academy is great, and there's tons of them.
of course there's always the classic, twilight, don't know if you've read that...

Christy Oh yeah I have read The Vampire Academy and loved it. I have read all the Twilight series.

♥Maya♥ There`s the Fallen series, Hush Hush series and Unearthly series thats more about angels.

Christy The Fallen series by Lauren Kate? Are the unearthly series good? I have been thinking about reading those..

Ayeiska Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. Have you tried that one?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the book Unearthly,I havent readthe next one though.

Christy Yeah I have read all the Hush Hush books so far.. I liked them..

Ayeiska Angelfire?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Angelfire! need to read the next one though!

Christy I read angelfire the 1st 1.

Christy Have yall read The Maximum drive books? If so are they any good?

Ayeiska Yes! Read them all! They are awesome and I love them they get the perfect balence of romance action and comedy and I love them. Although they were meant for a younger crowd they are still amazingly good.

Ayeiska Is Vampire Academy cliche?

Christy I'm gonna read them next right now Im reading the Tiger's Curse series or trying to. I can't really get into it but anyway, The Vampire Academy is good. U haven't read it? I liked it..

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Kelsey a.k.a. BOOK GODDESS wrote: "Alexia -Team Malec :) wrote: "Nothing is quite simalar-But here are some other series I liked:
1) Vampire Academy"

I love VA series its EPIC!! I just got to finish the series."

Then There's the spin-off series :)

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ These are also good suggestions for me :)

Christy Is the Spin Off anygood I havent read those. What is the name Bloodrose or something like that..

Christy My bad Bloodlines~

Sandra Christy wrote: "My bad Bloodlines~"

Bloodlines are those books any good?

message 28: by Cheryl (last edited Jun 03, 2012 01:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cheryl Lynn Martindale I recommend you also read The Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine if you liked Cassandra Claire's 2 series and also Dearly Departed by Lia Habel. The Girl in The Steel Corset by Katy Cross as well if you enjoy the Steampunk element in the above series. Another good series you may like is The Vampire Academy and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead.

Christy I havent read the Bloodlines series yet. Are they as good as they Vampire Academy? I have read the Morganville Vampires and I love them!!!! I will check out Dearly departed and The steel Corset Thanks!!

Sammie Spencer I loved Bloodlines! If you love Adrian Ivashkov (how couldn't you?), you get to read a lot more about him and get to know Sydney better. The Golden Lily (2nd in the series) is due out in the later part of this month.

Flora (Win-chester.) I know one too.
The Dark Artifices. :P

Christy Oh ok yeah I loved Adrian alot better than Dimitri.

The Dark Artifices thats the new Cassandra Clare's book to come out in 2015.. Isn't it?

message 33: by Cheryl (last edited Jun 04, 2012 08:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cheryl Lynn Martindale Christy wrote: "I havent read the Bloodlines series yet. Are they as good as they Vampire Academy? I have read the Morganville Vampires and I love them!!!! I will check out Dearly departed and The steel Corset Tha..."
You're very welcome. I'm always glad to point someone else towards a good book. Yes, Bloodlines is very good series and Adrian is a great character. You'll love him in Bloodlines. His sense of humor and sarcasm make it a fun read also.

message 34: by Christy (last edited Jun 05, 2012 08:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christy Alright thanks I love your picture. The bunny slippers with fangs like Myrins! Right?

message 35: by Lia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lia what i want to know is how will H. STORY will incorporate with the mortal instruments series

Aa'Ishah I can't think of anything like TMI or TID, but since we're also talking about vampires and angels, how about a little dystopia? Divergent and Shatter Me are amazing.

Christy I Havnet read Either of those but divergent is on my list and I will check out Shatter Me. Thanks!!!

message 38: by Topaz (new) - added it

Topaz Goold Anything that is crappy YA is similar to the Mortal Instruments series. :)

message 39: by Topaz (new) - added it

Topaz Goold If you're looking for something good to read, I suggest Tamora Pierce

Christy Is she a author or the name of a book?

Aa'Ishah Christy wrote: "I Havnet read Either of those but divergent is on my list and I will check out Shatter Me. Thanks!!!"

No problem! :) Have you read Angel by L.A.Weatherly? That's another awesome read. Book 2 is out as well.

Grace C. The Girl in The Steel Corset is very good!

Grace C. Also Divergent is supposed to be good

Christy Yeah Angel Burn I read the 1st 1 and I havent read the second 1 yet..

Candace Naadirah wrote: "i absolutely love cassandra clare's books. if u love jace i think youll love obsidian (lux series) by jennifer armentrout and i also loved vampire academy series by richelle mead. definitely check ..."

vampire academy is amazing and she is right, any1 will love it if u love mortal instruments or any supernatural books.

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Sandra wrote: "Christy wrote: "My bad Bloodlines~"

Bloodlines are those books any good?"

Yes! They are about Adrian and Sydney after the events of VA.
The second one: 'The Golden Lily' Comes out in June!

:)

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Once again-here is my long list of suggestions....:
1) Vampire Academy, Richelle mead
2) Bloodlines, Richelle Mead
3) Vampire Kisses, Ellen Schreiber
4) Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
5) Evernight, Claudia Gray
6) Wolves of Mercy Falls
7) Born Wicked, Jessica Spotswood
8) Reckless, Cornelia Funke
9) Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Heather Brewer
10) Harry Potter Series, J.K Rowling

-I have read every one of these books (Except the second and third Hunger Games-I'm reading them now! No spoilers Please!)

Christy Alright Thanks Alexia! i havent read the 2 hunger games YET!! i will soon tho..

Jordan omg I can't believe they are brother and sister.... anyone who is just as shocked and as mad as me reply. They were soooooo cute together!

Flora (Win-chester.) Jordan wrote: "omg I can't believe they are brother and sister.... anyone who is just as shocked and as mad as me reply. They were soooooo cute together!"

Who? Owo?

« previous 1 3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Bones (other topics)
Angelfire (other topics)
Divergent (other topics)
The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (other topics)
Clockwork Angel; Clockwork Prince; Clockwork Princess (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Chloe Neill (other topics)
Veronica Blade (other topics)
Susan Ee (other topics)
Jennifer L. Armentrout (other topics)
Kelley Armstrong (other topics)