Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

Like Water for Chocolate
This topic is about Like Water for Chocolate
Group Reads > June/July 2012 - Like Water for Chocolate

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ancestral (new) - added it

Ancestral Gael The fiction choice for the months of June/July 2012 is Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel; a tale of passion, love and food.

Please post your thoughts, discussions and opinions here.

Disha Acharya | 45 comments This is a lovely novel, having already read it. I would love to discuss it here with all of you.

message 3: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1681 comments I read it years ago, but have practically no memory of it. Must see if I can find my copy.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Just placed the book on hold at the library. Looking forward to it.

Disha Acharya | 45 comments My best friend gifted it to me on my birthday, what a lovely gift :)

Pixelina Just got this one today as an e-book. Looks like it is right up my alley - all about FOOD! :-D

Disha Acharya | 45 comments Yeah, food and love, what a potent combination :)

Pixelina I finished it now and quite enjoyed it. I seem to recall they made a film of this one too? I haven't seen it though. Parts of it was really great read, especially the scenes involving the cooking and the emotions her dishes provoked, how the food was like a magnifier of Titas spirit.
I never cared much for Pedro though. On another forum I post to they mentioned him as the most romantic fictional hero. Bah, I agree with Tita there, that the next time you fall in love don't be such a coward.

Disha Acharya | 45 comments I agree with you Jeanette. Pedro is certainly not the mos romantic hero, he was too much of a coward but I love Tita's character and the scenes where cooking and feelings mixed together, especially at her beloveds wedding~

message 10: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1681 comments I can't find my copy, but I think I remember that I stopped reading - it was something to do with the strangulation of small birds - quails perhaps. Does that ring any bells?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Like Water for Chocolate (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laura Esquivel (other topics)