Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Goodreads in the Classroom or School Libraries

Comments (showing 1-4)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (LoonyAlana) | 372 comments Umar wrote: "I was wondering if there is a way to introduce/promote Goodreads into the classroom or school libraries? It is such an amazing resource to encourage reading in a social setting. I can see GoodReads..."

I used World Book Night as a reason to speak with my son's school (their 8th grade class) about GoodReads and such. I recommended it as a tool to find books, and to read other's reviews to get ideas on what makes a good review. Although I had to drop a few groups just before my presentation that day... did not want to influence young minds

message 3: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 11104 comments Mod
Umar wrote: "I was wondering if there is a way to introduce/promote Goodreads into the classroom or school libraries?"

Many teachers and libraries already use it as a tool.

Please keep in mind that to open a GR account the user must be at least 13 years old.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 8412 comments This is one blog by a school librarian.

http://ghhslibrary.psd401.net/

I'm sure there are many such blogs by GR members, but this one with her 2012 challenge is worth seeing. I believe her regular reviews of YA selections are included with the books on the shelves.

Umar (ulatif) | 3 comments I was wondering if there is a way to introduce/promote Goodreads into the classroom or school libraries? It is such an amazing resource to encourage reading in a social setting. I can see GoodReads library shelves/groups created by elementary/middle/high school teachers/librarians for their students to review/discuss recommended reading lists.

unread topics | mark unread