Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

What is your Dystopian Name?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 488) (488 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Ellie (last edited May 28, 2012 12:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ellie Dystopian novels are my favorite type of books. I pile through them non-stop, and sometimes I wish that i could live in some sort of a dystopian society. But one thing that sticks out to me when reading these books are the names. I find them to be extremely creative, and I wish that many of the names mentioned in these books were used today, (and some of them are). For example: Beatrice, Uriah, Tobias, Peeta, Finnick, Day, Metias, Prim, ect.

If you could pick any dystopian name for yourself (whether it is used today or not), what would you pick?

I would choose Echo for my name. I think It is beautiful, and very unique.

message 2: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben I don't know what mine would be. I'd have to think about that.

message 3: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana Geneva. Definitely Geneva.

Kala Well most of the Dystopian names have a reason behind them.

Katniss and Primrose- Herbs (their mother a healer who used herbs and their father a gatherer)

Peeta- Baker Pita Bread

Beatrice and Tobias- Very biblical names and if you remember from the books they talk about how their district is one of the few religious ones.

I don't really know about the other ones but it seems like there is always meaning behind a name if it's a big character.

I think mine would still end up being Kala. My parents named me well haha. The meaning behind my name seems to match up pretty well with my personality. Oddly enough my sister's name is Jessica and she turned out exactly like every other Jessica I've ever met in my life which happens to be the exact opposite of me. It's strange but I really do think your name does something about defining who you are as a person.

Catherine Mine would be Cressa. I think it is very pretty.

Ellie Marc Holy shit, another Ellie in the Insurgent discussion? xD

My real name is Elizabeth, which has so many damn nicknames and variants that I'd probably just stick with it and pick a different alias every place I go.

Kara Trevlac The name Finn has grown on me. or Ferris (But not for me!) I'd go by Kara.

Patricia I think my name would be Raine... or maybe Haven... they are both pretty and even though the meanings are very different I feel like I can connect with both.

message 9: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva King I like Malika, it means queen in Urdu. One of my students is called that and I thought it was really pretty.

Heather Kairi. (k-i-ree)
Been in love with that name for 12 years. Hope to name my daughter :)

Eunice Biblioceraptor Ellie wrote: "I would choose Echo for my name. I think It is beautiful, and very unique. "

Have you seen Dollhouse? It's a TV series and is kind of dystopian in a way, and the main character's name is 'Echo' too. ;) She's pretty badass.

message 12: by Ellie (last edited Jun 01, 2012 03:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ellie Eunice wrote: "Have you seen Dollhouse? It's a TV series and is kind of dystopian in a way, and the main character's name is 'Echo' too. ;) She's pretty badass."

Haha no I haven't. But i do really love the name Echo too. (:

Camille Joyce Lisay Cali. Fascinating haha!

Mikey Cupcakes cali is a nice name

Dante Alcaraz Jeremiah Blue :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd be Leesha. IDK why, I just love that name

Sarah Sona,I love that name!

Simplyminali i really like tris

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

As a girl, Ebony or Fire. As a guy, maybe Ryder?

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 09, 2012 06:53PM) (new)

( soft e- ben (or bon) hard e. ))
eh bon eeee

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

It means black, basically, and is a word. I bet dictionary.com would pronounce it for you.

Ellie ohhhh, I really like that, it is very pretty (:

message 23: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma Ember! For boy or girl.

Katie I realllly like Echo. Good choice!! I really like Cleara... I think it's elegant :)

Lindsey I love Echo too, that's a great choice.

Ander for me (though technically it's a boy name?) or Lake. Pronounced like the 'body of water' Lake.

Mikey Cupcakes I like Drew or Dru boy or girl name

Abigail Jones I like the name Dawn. A lot of dystopian names do have themes to match the society, so I'm not sure what I'd choose. I tend to like unique names. Here's some of them:

Aspen
Avery
Saffron
Elspeth
Clamence
Sage
Robyn
Uriah

Not sure which one I'd pick though :)

Lindsey I just started a book and one name popped up that I really like, and is almost like a variation on my own name.

Lyndley!

Sophia I really like the name Clary or Clarissa ( like from the Mortal Instruments).

Ellie Abigail wrote: "I like the name Dawn. A lot of dystopian names do have themes to match the society, so I'm not sure what I'd choose. I tend to like unique names. Here's some of them:

Aspen Avery Saffron Elspeth C..."

I love all of those! :)

message 31: by Tu (last edited Jun 24, 2012 09:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tu i love the name Tessa from the Infernal Devices :)

Carla Carlello or my middle name Marlene ;D

taylor Emma wrote: "Ember! For boy or girl."

Oooh. That's pretty. :3

I really like the name Camille. I don't know how dystopian that sounds, but I'd probably be a side character like Marlene or Madge.

message 34: by Cady (new)

Cady wait iv been writing a little distopian kindof novel (not entirley......its about a girl who is an angel with black wings but like tots randomly...) and i havent even added a name! im only on the second chapter, but still! i fail!

but umm.....idk these are the ones id guess for (im also aparently tough according to my friends? idk they relate me to katniss so these names are wierd like that--and for girls!)

Cassidy-Always admired that name
Kat-That's what a friend calls me
Shadow-I love to ride horses and that was one I often rode
Saita-Arrow in portuguese
cortesia-bow in portuguese
Cadence-my real name

message 35: by Dia (new) - added it

Dia I think mine would be Talon

Alexander Jimenez Id be Gabriel, Meaning: descendant of Gabriel (strong man of God).

Catherine It's kind of out there, but.. Sheera, or Monty. If that's taken, I have no problem with Cit Hering. Get it? Change Cit to Cat, Hering to Herine, but it together and what do you get???? CATHERINE!!!

Catherine Cady wrote: "wait iv been writing a little distopian kindof novel (not entirley......its about a girl who is an angel with black wings but like tots randomly...) and i havent even added a name! im only on the s..."

Oh, I <3 odd names!!! If it's someone that's sort of sad, I've always like Ashes, or Willow. If you like -sia endings, maybe Ambrosia, or Rhoedesia. If she's mysterious, maybe something like Whisper. You could also use this website I found. Put in names you like, and it gives you names that resemble the ones you put in. It's awesome for finding names. It's,
www.nymbler.com
pretty awesome. I <3 names!!!!!! Another cool thing is take a normal name, and change the ending. Like, Hazel, change to Hazella, or Matilda, change to Matilsha. Always good for individual names. Good luck with your book!

message 39: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma I have another one! My friend's name is Gabriel, but everybody calls him Gio. Just realized, Gio sounds pretty dystopian!

Aurora Abigail wrote: "I like the name Dawn. A lot of dystopian names do have themes to match the society, so I'm not sure what I'd choose. I tend to like unique names. Here's some of them:

Aspen
Avery
Saffron
Elspeth
C..."

Hehe my name means "Dawn" in English! I might stick with my name, Aurora, or some variation thereof. I like Ro, but there's the Roe Teagarden series by Charlaine Harris to think of. I like the name Solace, too, but I don't think it's very dystopian. I like short s-names, or short r-names. Any suggestions?

Aurora What about the name Esper? Does anyone like that?

message 42: by Jose (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jose Luis sounds like a good name

Avani Meara. It sounds so pretty :)

message 44: by Tris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tris I would either keep my name (which is actually Tris) or use Storm.

Aurora Haha that's cool.

Naomi McCord For a girl; Aprille

For a boy; Kalob

:-)

Naomi McCord All the names you guys have said are all so beautiful...!! <3

Mikey Cupcakes Tris wrote: "I would either keep my name (which is actually Tris) or use Storm."

storm is pretty

message 49: by ((Savanha)) (last edited Jul 21, 2012 08:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

((Savanha)) My name would b Roman or Swayze (silent E)

Gemma Taylor Lyria

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Insurgent (other topics)
1984 (other topics)
Utopia (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alyson Noel (other topics)