Q&A with Sarah Mlynowski discussion

Bras & Broomsticks (Magic in Manhattan, #1)
This topic is about Bras & Broomsticks
The Magic in Manhattan series

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lyv (LyvLaughLove) | 1 comments Hi, Sarah! I just wanted to say that I love this series and it's so creative!! So, how did you come up with the idea for it, because I know there are lots of books with the main character as a witch but not with the main character's sister or anything?

Sarah | 16 comments Mod
I got the idea from my little sister Aviva. Unfortunately, not the witchcraft part. What inspired the book is the always complicated love, jealousy, and pride involved in a sister relationship. Ever since Aviva was born and took over my role as the center of my family, I’ve been writing stories about her. There was “Life with The Squirt,” “The Squirt Ate My Homework,” and the “Adventures of SuperSquirt.” That one was about a little sister who could fly. Basically Bras & Broomsticks is its updated version.

Holly (Hila) | 2 comments It's like the book was wrote on me. I have a little sister, my Dad married sacond time and me and my sisiter didn't like her. I can really identify with Rachel. The book wad so funny and I love it so much. My question is- do you wrote Rachel as you?

Sarah | 16 comments Mod
Thanks so much Holly! I definitely channeled Rachel when I was writing. I have a younger sister and my parents got divorced when I was 12. Hopefully I'm not as self-absorbed as Rachel is. :)

Hayley (hayleycf) | 2 comments Hi Sarah! I love the Magic in Manhattan series. It didn't take me long to read the books at all! Once I started I couldn't stop. It felt like the library couldn't get the books fast enough! I was just curious if you are going to add anymore books to this series?

Sarah | 16 comments Mod
Thanks so much Hayley!
No new plans for Magic in Manhattan at the moment. The publisher did just release a 2-in-1 of the first two books with a new cover though.

Hayley (hayleycf) | 2 comments Thank you for replying Sarah!
Also, thank you for the information. I might just need to get those books, because I LOVE them so much!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magic in Manhattan: Volume One (other topics)