Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

A, B, C, Go!  .
This topic is about A, B, C, Go! .
Serieses! > please create this series from this series ;)

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 345 comments Margaret E. Martignoni edited a series, as you can see, called 'Collier's Junior Classics: The Young Folks Shelf of Books.' But it's not a series as created for goodreads, and I'm not good at creating series yet. I hope it's not too much trouble, and thanks in advance! :)

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 23592 comments Mod
I don't think those qualify as a series. They don't appear to have a common universe, characters, or anything like that.

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 345 comments Oh, good point.
Dagnabbit I do not like that policy. I think it's important to bring them together, but you're right, best not to according to goodreads' guidelines. Fooey.

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Actually, looking at them, I don't see why they wouldn't count as a series. Each volume appears to be a unique collection of stories put together for this series, so it's pretty much the same as a series of anthologies or nonfiction essays, isn't it?

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

I didn't think we made series of those either.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

The 1st, 2nd, and 4th of those look fine (and I would say have a common weltanschauung, if not an actual universe. I question whether the 3rd should be a series.

message 8: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments All of the its books were written specifically to be a part of this thematic collection -- isn't that how we define a series?

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Cait wrote: "All of the its books were written specifically to be a part of this thematic collection"

None are reprints of previously-published works?

message 10: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments rivka wrote: "None are reprints of previously-published works?"

Nope.

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Eh. I still think it's on the line, but I'm certainly not suggesting deleting it.

If you think Cheryl's case is sufficiently similar, I won't argue.

message 12: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I think a book written for a series and an anthology collected for a series are functionally the same thing, unique-series-content-wise. I'll make the series.

message 13: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 345 comments Thanks Cait! < happy dance >

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Margaret E. Martignoni (other topics)