Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) Fifty Shades Freed discussion

Other novels like "Fifty Shades of Grey."

Comments (showing 1-50 of 316) (316 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) If you are like me, after finishing the Fifty Shades series, you are in severe depression.

I have come across four other book series that are very similar to Fifty Shades!

"Bared to You" (Crossfire #1)- Sylvia Day
"Gabriel's Inferno"- Sylvain Reynard
"Captive in the Dark" (The Dark Duet #1)- CJ Roberts
"The Reluctant Dom"- Tymber Dalton and Lesi Richardson
"Rock Me" (Ross Siblings #2)- Cherrie Lynn

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) If you find anymore novels, please feel free to add.

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) Let me add:

"Beautiful Disaster"- Jamie McGuire

message 4: by Robin (last edited May 26, 2012 02:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin "Mercy" - Annabel Joseph
"The Dom of My Dreams" - M.F. Sinclair
Masters of the Shadowlands series by Cherise Sinclair

As Summer pointed out these are more heavily BDSM themed books then "Fifty". Not for the faint of heart! LOL

message 5: by Sibylla (last edited May 26, 2012 01:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sibylla Matilde Robin wrote: ""Mercy" - Annabel Joseph
"The Dom of My Dreams" - M.F. Sinclair
Masters of the Shadowlands series by Cherise Sinclair"

I've read a couple of the Shadowlands books, and they are pretty steamy... definitely a little more BDSM than Fifty...

message 6: by Sibylla (last edited May 26, 2012 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sibylla Matilde Heather (hungrycookiemonster) wrote: ""Rock Me" (Ross Siblings #2)- Cherrie Lynn "

LOVED this book... Unleashed (first book) is also good, but Rock Me is...well, OMFG! Rock Me (Ross Siblings, #2) by Cherrie Lynn

message 7: by Sibylla (last edited May 26, 2012 01:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sibylla Matilde Dangerous Lover is HOT... as is the Midnight series... In fact, any of the books by Lisa Marie Rice Lisa Marie Rice are pretty hot... mega alpha males! Dangerous Lover (Dangerous, #1) by Lisa Marie Rice

Jess Michaels also writes some great erotica... I love the Albright series which starts with Everything Forbidden Everything Forbidden (Albright Sisters, #1) by Jess Michaels

marie Summer, do you have to read cherrie Lynn's in order or can I go straight to Rock Me.

Sibylla Matilde Anna wrote: "Summer, do you have to read cherrie Lynn's in order or can I go straight to Rock Me."

Rock Me would stand alone, definitely. But both are worth the read. :)

Sylvie As far as BDSM elements, I must add Kallypso Masters Rescue Me series to the list. Masters at Arms by Kallypso Masters Nobody's Angel (Rescue Me, #2) by Kallypso Masters Nobody's Hero (Rescue Me, #3) by Kallypso Masters Nobody's Perfect  by Kallypso Masters All are great stories, albeit very emotional, and must be read in the proper order.

As far as characterization, I recommend Slave (Finding Anna #1) by Sherri Hayes Stephan is a great deal like Christian, but without all the psychological trauma: a between-submissives Dom and wealthy CEO of his own company. Brianna is, to me, more like Leila than like Ana, but a far worse-off version of Leila: abused and broken by her previous master. Stephan undertakes the difficult job of attempting to rehabilitate her and to rediscover the woman she used to be. Be aware that Slave, like Fifty Shades of Grey, is Part One of a longer work, and Part Two comes out in July. Hope this helps!

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) Heather (hungrycookiemonster) wrote: "If you are like me, after finishing the Fifty Shades series, you are in severe depression.

I have come across four other book series that are very similar to Fifty Shades!

"Bared to You" (Crossfi..."

I have just read "Bare to You" and it is EXACTLY like Fifty Shades. At times, I was a bit nervous because some of the lines were exactly from Fifty Shades. Still, despite this concern I loved this novel completely.

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) wrote: "Let me add:

"Beautiful Disaster"- Jamie McGuire"

I need to make a correction on this one. Took somebody's word that this novel was similar to Fifty Shades. It is not.

I have just finished it think its amazing so definitely still a good read.

Kelly Browder Thoughtless and Effortless by S.C. Stephens
I enjoyed these books very much. They had the same kind of intensity as FSOG minus the BDSM. Very good reads.

Sibylla Matilde Reading Effortless right now.... soooooooo good....

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) I love Thoughtless and Effortless. They remind me of a beautiful Disaster.

Julie Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvian Reynard (book 2 of Gabriel's Inferno)...LOVE IT...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

message 16: by Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (last edited May 31, 2012 04:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' Julie wrote: "Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvian Reynard (book 2 of Gabriel's Inferno)...LOVE IT...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13..."

Me too, this book is beautiful. I will have it finished today. Remarkable writing.

Another book similar is: Knight (The Unfinished Hero series) book 1 Knight The unfinished Hero) #1 by Krisitn Ashley

message 17: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Wadsworth Owning Wednesday by Annabel Joseph Butterfly Unpinned by Laura Bacchi these are great books also along the lines of fifty shades

Book_aholic_anonymous Wow! So many books out there! I will have to add some to the list! :-)

message 19: by Sibylla (last edited Jun 01, 2012 05:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sibylla Matilde Lisa wrote: "Owning Wednesday by Annabel JosephButterfly Unpinned by Laura Bacchi these are great books also along the lines of fifty shades"

Now that I'm done w/ Effortless, I need something to fill the void. I was thinking about Owning Wednesday... These are ones I've put on my TBR list lately that I'm kinda doing an eenie-meenie-miney-moe with:

Dirty
Beyond Eden
Owning Wednesday
Sheltered
Anything He Wants
Let Me In
Cross My Heart
The Opportunist
Mergers & Acquisitions
Sweet Surrender
More than Meets the Ink
Tempting the Best Man
Sacred Secrets
An Ordinary Girl
Take This Regret
Poughkeepsie

Sadly, I've added all these books in about the last two weeks... I'm NEVER going to get them all read! So, where to start? Hmmm.......

Jennifer Simply Sexual (House of Pleasure #1) by Kate Pearce has the same intense relationship elements with some BDSM scenes.

Loved it!

Sibylla Matilde Jennifer wrote: "Simply Sexual (House of Pleasure #1) by Kate Pearce has the same intense relationship elements with some BDSM scenes.

Loved it!"

I've read some of KP's books before, and she can definitely write a hot scene!

message 22: by Sibylla (last edited Jun 01, 2012 06:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sibylla Matilde Now that I look at my TBR list again, apparently I missed a couple... I also see I have added:
Knight
Woman on the Run (love Lisa Marie Price!)
Recipe for Submission
Belong To Me
Bodywork
Across The Hall
Her Forbidden Hero

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Lora Leigh's series are good, I think they are the Bound series . . . not much BDSM, but lots of steaminess and menage's . . .

RoMaNcEjUnKiE Heather (hungrycookiemonster) wrote: "If you are like me, after finishing the Fifty Shades series, you are in severe depression.

"Bared to You" (Crossfi..."

Seeping hole in heart :-( wanting more...however the ending was so bitter sweet!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

WOW am new on reading book even close to fifty shades or BDSM so i dont know where to start

Help!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Fifty shades of gray is the first one, darker is the second and freed is the third. I am now reading a book called Colters' Woman by Maya Banks. I think what I love about these books is that the men SO adore their women . . .

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' Summer ~ enjoying the view ~ wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Owning Wednesday by Annabel JosephButterfly Unpinned by Laura Bacchi these are great books also along the lines of fifty shades"

Now that I'm done w/ Effortless, I need something to fill the vo..."

Poughkeepsie. I LOVE that book! It's a real rollercoaster ride.

Em-Afternoonbookery i tried bared to you, but the characters were not that great, but will be looking for these, great group xx

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Lots of folks have said to leave a little time between Gray and Bared to you . . .

Right now I am so into Maya Banks that it's hard to leave what she writes.

message 30: by Mary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary One erotica author that can actually write well is Emma Holly.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I have downloaded a book by Lorelei James - the first one of the Rough Riders series . . . we'll see how it goes. My husband likes to listen to them on his ipod, so always looking for something that's not too "weird" for him . . .

♥♥Deborah♥♥ Is A Brian Kinney Groupie Has anyone tried Tempted and Naked by Megan Hart? There is a main character like Kellan Kyle emotionally but a little heavier on the storyline. Megan Hart is amazing.

Sibylla Matilde Mary wrote: "One erotica author that can actually write well is Emma Holly."

Hmmm... never read anything of hers... Might have to look into her work.

Sylvie I've read a lot of Emma Holly. She has a series about a race of vampire/shifters called the Upyr. I agree with Mary, she's an excellent writer.

Maria I like the BDSM elements and so I read "Wicked Ties" and it was good but definitely not enough romance or a connection between the characters. I needed the connection from Beautiful Disaster mixed with the BDSM and menage from some of the other books I have read in the last little while like "Sweet Addiction" - Gabriel's Inferno and Rapture were incredible - though no steamy menage scenes or BDSM but the chemistry was wonderful.

Really just looking for another amazing love story like Beautiful Disaster, Fifty Shades, and Gabriel's Inferno. That undying love with lots of sex ;) Any new suggestions would be great.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

No BDSM in Maya Banks Colter series, it's "just" menage . . . undying love of three brothers and lots of sex -- it's got it. The fourth one in that series does have BDSM, though . . . oh, and NO guy on guy . . . it's all for woman, baby!!

I did like Loreigh Lei (sp) Bound Series -- no BDSM, but lots of menage.

Maria Three guys makes me think that there isn't a good love story there though - or else there is a love story with way too many people for there to be a great connection. Thoughts?

Maria I just read the synopsis and the first book sounds crazy how but I am confused because there are like 100 Colters books. Are they all about the same relationship? I just signed up for goodreads and am not sure if you can send private messages but if so then feel free to message me :)

Britica BARED TO YOU!!! i read it yesterday and loved it! its sooo much like 50 shades:)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Maria, I don't know about the PM, but here's the synopsis -- there are only 4 and 1/2 books, technically. I thought the love story worked for this series, actually. I think it could only work (theoretically) if they were brothers . . . friends -- awkward! Brothers share most anything anyway!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/colte...

Maria I want to read Rock me but keep hearing about something bad happening in the end - I hate books where they don't end up together. Without giving too much away can someone tell me if this is one I should read or not? I'd hate to get through most of the book only to be really upset in the end.

Sibylla Matilde Maria wrote: "I want to read Rock me but keep hearing about something bad happening in the end - I hate books where they don't end up together. Without giving too much away can someone tell me if this is one I s..."

No cliffhanger... and it is a FANTASTIC book! Nice and hot (and you may want to Google "apadravya" partway through unless you already know what it is...I'd wait until you get to that part, though, for the full effect...)

message 43: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Wadsworth Maria wrote: "I want to read Rock me but keep hearing about something bad happening in the end - I hate books where they don't end up together. Without giving too much away can someone tell me if this is one I s..."

READ IT..it is awesome...

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' If you want HOT! I highly recommend this book: Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1) by Olivia Cunning it's amazing. We have hot steamy encounters, a thriving rock band, tour bus with groupies... mad ex partner, I mean, it is pretty awesome. lol

Maria Just read Tequila Truth - super short read but very cute. Menege, FYI.

message 46: by Sibylla (last edited Jun 16, 2012 09:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sibylla Matilde Maria wrote: "Just read Tequila Truth - super short read but very cute. Menege, FYI."

mmmmm....menage? ****clicks to add to TBR list****

Christina North Submissive Beauty is a great book.

Vanessa Kelly wrote: "If you want HOT! I highly recommend this book: Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1) by Olivia Cunning it's amazing. We have hot steamy encounters, a thriving rock band, tour bus with groupies... mad ex partner, I mean, it is ..."

I just finished this and yeah ... I heart Brian Sinclair! He can say he loves me anytime he wants ;0)

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' Vanessa wrote: "Kelly wrote: "If you want HOT! I highly recommend this book: Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1) by Olivia Cunning it's amazing. We have hot steamy encounters, a thriving rock band, tour bus with groupies... mad ex partner, ..."

Me too, he's pretty hot, But I'm a Trey groupie.;)

If you want a short story to revitalise those 'Christian Grey' withdrawals, I recommend this story: By His Desire by Kate Grey It is a 2 hour read though, but very good I thought.

Marcie Does anyone know of similar authors in this genre that write in the 3rd person. As does Megan Hart and E.L. James. Reading it makes it so personal.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Fifty Shades Freed (other topics)
Rock Me (other topics)
Dangerous Lover (other topics)
Everything Forbidden (other topics)
Masters at Arms (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisa Marie Rice (other topics)
Jess Michaels (other topics)