Horror Illusion discussion

Horror titles > What books should we read?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 51) (51 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Hannah, Boooooo(k) Mod (last edited May 24, 2012 02:45AM) (new)

Hannah (Faize) | 70 comments Mod
Ideas for upcoming group reads?

message 2: by Hannah, Boooooo(k) Mod (new)

I'm thinking we should start with a classic. Dracula, maybe?

cy that sounds like a good idea..

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (Appsl) | 69 comments Anything scary!! Dracula?? I've seen the movie and I didn't like it very much...looked cheesy...

Jeanette (Jeahan) The dracula book isn't scary, its written in letters sent between the characters. Good book but not a horror, it was the film industry made it into that. The felix caster books by mike carey are good, not scary but great stories about demons, zombies etc

Bae | 1 comments Hello everyone! I am very happy to be a part of this community. I have released a fiction/thriller novel with horror elements called "Bloody Thursday: The Octan" and not only recommend it because I am the author but, because it is a very gripping story. If you pick up a copy, please feel free to let the community, your friends and myself know what you think about it. I hope you are all having a great weekend!

message 7: by Hannah, Boooooo(k) Mod (new)

Will do, Rafael.

message 8: by Hannah, Boooooo(k) Mod (last edited Jun 09, 2012 08:04PM) (new)

If anyone's got more suggestions for scary books (be sure that they are actually scary), post 'em here.

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (Appsl) | 69 comments Um...The shining tops the horror novel listopia...by stephen king, I was looking forward to reading it...

message 10: by Hannah, Boooooo(k) Mod (new)

Oh yeah, that's a good one.

message 11: by Zahraa, Head (less) Mod (new)

Zahraa | 181 comments Mod
Horowitz horror by Anthony Horowitz More Horowitz Horror by Anthony Horowitz
This book is gr8t

Amanda Lee (Amanda_Lee) | 9 comments Dracula by Bram Stoker or the updated one??@

message 13: by Hannah, Boooooo(k) Mod (new)

I'll put up a book poll on the 15th, with all of these suggestions included.

Amanda Lee (Amanda_Lee) | 9 comments Ted Bekker- The Bride Collector

message 15: by Zahraa, Head (less) Mod (new)

Hi Amanda! Welcome to the group!

Amanda Lee (Amanda_Lee) | 9 comments Thank you Zahraa :)

Chris (Chris-Garciduenas) | 6 comments Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King, there's alot of great stories in there.

Fallen (Patience) (RaInBoW_tIe_AfFaIr) | 5 comments Nemesis This is great book to read.

Raven I just finished 'Salem's Lot. Very good.

Fallen (Patience) (RaInBoW_tIe_AfFaIr) | 5 comments looks good:]

Raven Hannah wrote: "Ideas for upcoming group reads?"

I read Dracula. Creepy but not scary. Maybe a good place to start though.

Raven The Devouring series was incredible!

Danielzinho | 4 comments By all means, Dracula is a classic. As is anything by Edgar Allan Poe - for instance, The Fall of the House of Usher. And 'Salem's Lot' is a modern remake of Dracula, good as well. I'd also recommend 'Needful Things' by Stephen King or 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' by Ray Bradbury.

Raven I enjoyed Something Wicked This Way Comes. Very very good. And I love Poe.

Arthur | 23 comments Good conversation this is..

Dina Rae (DinaRae) | 17 comments Great conversation. Like to plug my own, Halo of the Damned. Enter for a chance to win a paperback here on Goodreads!
http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

message 27: by Zahraa, Head (less) Mod (new)

Oh, sad that there is no postage to Australia :(

David (DEDonovan62) | 23 comments My vote goes to anything Stephen King has written...or Bradbury

Howdie (kalevra) | 51 comments Let the right one in by john avjide lindquist

David | 2 comments Let the Right One In would be an awesome choice. Brian Lumley's "Necroscope" is scary enough, and it has more dimension than the ordinary vampyr novel or series. Also, I was thinking of trying some Clive Barker, but I don't know anything about his books.

When would we start this new book?

message 31: by Hannah, Boooooo(k) Mod (new)

The poll has already gone up for July, but I'd be happy to take these suggestions for our August group read.

Dina Rae (DinaRae) | 17 comments Halo of the damned lot's of great reviews and its in the giveaway in a couple days.

Ron | 4 comments As for the person who said they saw Bram Stoker's Dracula and didn't like it, trust me...the movie had very little to do with the book. Why they called it "Bram Stoker's," I have no idea. It had some kind of kooky vampire romance, etc. etc.

Christopher Randis (crandis) | 1 comments This one is a good read written in classical horror stanzas:

The Sinner by K. Trap Jones

message 35: by David (last edited Jun 22, 2012 08:07PM) (new)

David (DEDonovan62) | 23 comments Hannah wrote: "The poll has already gone up for July, but I'd be happy to take these suggestions for our August group read."

...and the winniner is? Must we wait until the 24th????

Joreid McFate | 11 comments The Demon Plague by Joreid McFate ...

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi group I recently joined your group and I am so excited! I invite everyone to read my Superstars Trilogy Book One Rise of Satan

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Rise of Satan, Book One of The Superstars Trilogy is available now on paperback and ebook versions!

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (Appsl) | 69 comments Yay!! Um...could you give us the site for the e-book??

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

You bet thanks for the interest. The ebook is available at all the locations for ebook but here are a few:

Hi everyone I am new to the group! I found my way here while I was looking for ways to promote my new novel. I hope all of you give it a read. You will not be disappointed! Here are the links and I look forward to your feedback and comments!

Amazon Kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Satan-Supe...

Smashwords:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...

Amazon Paperback:

Amazon Kindle Review:

Arthur | 23 comments Christopher wrote: "This one is a good read written in classical horror stanzas:

The Sinner (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #3) by Tess Gerritsen"

yeah, this one sounds interesting..

Melanie (Melann13) | 2 comments has anyone read house of leaves? its a awesome book possibly read it for august??

Joreid McFate | 11 comments Arthur wrote: "Christopher wrote: "This one is a good read written in classical horror stanzas:

The Sinner (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #3) by Tess Gerritsen"

yeah, this one sounds interesting.."

Speaking or Rizzoli and Isles, last night's pulse checking scene of Eddie Cibrian was hysterical.

Fallen (Patience) (RaInBoW_tIe_AfFaIr) | 5 comments Also great books are Interview with a Vampire,The Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned by author Anne Rice.

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (Appsl) | 69 comments Errol wrote: "You bet thanks for the interest. The ebook is available at all the locations for ebook but here are a few:"

Thanks!! I'll got get it!!!!!

Christina Reeder (LadyReeder) | 5 comments Im voting for Rise of Satan.....I just read a little preview and it looks promising. Yep Im gonna get this one.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Hope you love the book Apps and Christina, I look forward to your feedback!

Christina Reeder (LadyReeder) | 5 comments Just downloaded Rise of Satan on my nook color.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Great to hear Christina, hope you enjoy and if you do tell others!

Dina Rae (DinaRae) | 17 comments All great suggestions. I see the Rise of Satan again. My book, Halo of the Damned, is about Satan's angel, Armaros. Another suggestion. A fallen angel who runs an ad empire, fathers a new race, finds worship in an angel cult, and wants to secede from Hell...Can he be stopped? It's listed in the giveaways and as July read for the "other" group, paranormal horror-please VOTE if you're in that one. Thanks for letting me plug away.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

More Horowitz Horror (other topics)
Nemesis (other topics)
The Sinner (other topics)
The Sinner (other topics)