*Paranormal Romance Junkies* discussion

Books Discussion Board > Deadlocked- Sookie Stackhouse Series

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So, what do you guys think about the direction the sookie stackhouse series has taken?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Wallace (RachelWallace) | 97 comments Boo! Gave the last one 2 stars. Have you read it yet Didi?

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky (BeckyH8324) | 65 comments I was alittle nicer and gave it 3 haha...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I havent. It's freaking $14.99....thats outrageous for an Ebook especially on a series where the last 2 books have gotten an average of 3 stars each. I don't care if you do spoilers. I don't think I am going to buy it anytime soon, but I still want to talk about it, so let's dish!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

So...I read some spoilers and people are really pissed. They keep saying they felt like she gave up on the last two books.. I have to agree from the spoilers I have read and the synopsis. Thoughts???

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (BeckyH8324) | 65 comments I have to agree I feel like the last 2 books seem rushed. I don't think the series as good as it used to be I feel like she is trying to make the story go a certain way and doesn't know how to go about it in a good way that she is just throwing stuff together to get a book out... I dunno I really hope she can end on a better note with the last book.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 22 comments I put off reading these for as long as I could after hearing nothing except how irritating the Sookie character was. Last month, I made myself read them and I enjoyed the first few. I have to agree though, I hate the seemingly sudden and random turn of events in the relationships in the last few books. It made me very unhappy with the the series as a whole now and glad that the TV series does NOT follow the books.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea, well I read some reviews of the final book- mostly b/c the price is outrageous! (14.95 for an ebook????) and to be honest, I am glad I didn't buy the last book. Without spoiling anything for anyone who hasn't read it, I am completely disappointed in the direction of the series at the end...It feels like a total 180, completely different from anything I would have expected and alot of things were built up just to be completely destroyed...Soooo... Yea I won't be reading it.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Wallace (RachelWallace) | 97 comments I refuse to read it too! Blah

unread topics | mark unread