The Sword and Laser discussion

Tigana > Hey look there's a Tigana section

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 4579 comments That is all.

message 2: by Nimrod (new)

Nimrod God (NimrodGod) | 273 comments AH! I didn't even see it until just now!

message 3: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1065 comments its to early. not june yet. get off my lawn. bah humbug. and all that.

message 4: by Nimrod (new)

Nimrod God (NimrodGod) | 273 comments @Micah, heh, and I'm halfway done! :-D

message 5: by Jlawrence, S&L Forum Mod (new)

Jlawrence | 823 comments Mod
*denies the existence of this section until June*

message 6: by Nimrod (new)

Nimrod God (NimrodGod) | 273 comments Oh Bah, humbug! Been so excited for this book it's nice to be able to start the discussion! :-P

message 7: by Jlawrence, S&L Forum Mod (new)

Well, I was kinda joking. But I do have other things I want to finish this month first, so I won't be reading Tigana til the 'official time'.

Oh wait, I'm not even here right now. ;)

message 8: by Nimrod (new)

Nimrod God (NimrodGod) | 273 comments Did anyone else hear that? :-P

message 9: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments What's July's pick?

message 10: by Jlawrence, S&L Forum Mod (new)

So-Old-He-Forgot-The-War Man's War.

message 11: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1065 comments Jlawrence wrote: "So-Old-He-Forgot-The-War Man's War."

The discussion for that one already started in January. 1712.

message 12: by terpkristin (last edited May 22, 2012 04:01PM) (new)

terpkristin | 2934 comments Edit: Ok I'm done being a bee-yatch.

I will just say threads like this kind of drive me nuts. I have a "click-happy" habit with GR and typically click the link before I realize (IF I realize) that I'm not interested in the thread. This one seems to be just...fluff. It's the kind that drives me nuts when I already get 50 emails a day from this group.

I wish GR would tell you what "Group" forum threads are in. If I knew it was about Tianga without clicking through, it would help me better filter my email. ;)

message 13: by Cattfish (new)

Cattfish | 367 comments Longtime laser fan, not sure what I'm getting myself into here...

message 14: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 4579 comments Sorry Terp. I just use the web interface, even on my phone.

message 15: by Nick (new)

Nick (Whyzen) | 1263 comments This is a post just to bug terp. :-)

message 16: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 2934 comments Dammit I didn't read the title before I clicked!

message 17: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (Gorro) | 1551 comments Jlawrence wrote: "*denies the existence of this section until June*"

I don't even know how I got here?!?

message 18: by Tassie Dave (new)

Tassie Dave | 684 comments Why is this section hidden away down here with older books?

I hope it gets moved up when the book kicks off.

message 19: by Nimrod (new)

Nimrod God (NimrodGod) | 273 comments Tassie Dave wrote: "Why is this section hidden away down here with older books?

I hope it gets moved up when the book kicks off."

I believe that's why... it's bad because the iPad app and Android apps ignore the fold of the sections... I can't get to these threads on anything but my laptop!

message 20: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy (Kymethra) I just read this earlier this year so won't be reading along but fully intend to dive into the discussion!

message 21: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1065 comments Tassie Dave wrote: "Why is this section hidden away down here with older books?

I hope it gets moved up when the book kicks off."

It doesn't actually exist yet. not for another 5 or 6 days depending on what part of the world you are in. Damn Aussies living in the future and all. :)

message 22: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (Gorro) | 1551 comments Micah wrote: "It doesn't actually exist yet. not for another 5 or 6 days depending on what part of the world you are in. Damn Aussies living in the future and all. :) "

I blame the Shrike.

message 23: by Tassie Dave (new)

Tassie Dave | 684 comments David Sven wrote: "Micah wrote: "It doesn't actually exist yet. not for another 5 or 6 days depending on what part of the world you are in. Damn Aussies living in the future and all. :) "

I blame the Shrike."

So it's moving backwards in time from June 1 ;-)

message 24: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (Gorro) | 1551 comments Tassie Dave wrote: "So it's moving backwards in time from June 1 ;-) "

Yes. Plus being one of those Aussies living in the future and all.

message 25: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1065 comments Tassie Dave wrote: "So it's moving backwards in time from June 1 ;-) ."

Maybe more like a constant wormhole to 5 or 6 days in the past. As we move forward it does too. There was an okay Denzel Washington movie based on this wormhole effect. So for today on the other end of this wormhole this section exists and is within its proper setting.

Wait I just confused myself....that movie wasn't that good either....

message 26: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 4579 comments Does that mean we're earning a 'time credit'?

unread topics | mark unread