Movies & TV > Beauty & the Beast relaunch:

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 239 comments http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2193041/

Starring:

Kristin kreuk as catherine chandler
Jay Ryan as Vincent Koslow

message 2: by Sandy (last edited Aug 17, 2012 10:00AM) (new)

Sandy (SandyKuro) | 27 comments Just watched the preview or commercial or whatever.... ummm perhaps I missed something? Vincent doesn't exactly look beastly. Dudes got ONE scar! Maybe he transforms or shifts or SOMETHING?! Otherwise this is kinda lame.

Was a fan of the original ... Made look beyond the outside packaging, to the soul underneath.

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiff0505) | 5 comments I just think Kristin is just stunning and talented so I will watch to support her hopefully it will be good!

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2530 comments They're taking it from a scientific point so he's going to look human. I don't think they wanted him to look beastly so that the girls can gush over him.

message 5: by Henrietta (new)

Henrietta H | 16 comments Sandy wrote: "Just watched the preview or commercial or whatever.... ummm perhaps I missed something? Vincent doesn't exactly look beastly. Dudes got ONE scar! Maybe he transforms or shifts or SOMETHING?! Othe..."

I am a fan of the original show, too. I had such a crush on Vincent! Because of this show I have also followed Ron Perlman's career and supported his acting.

message 6: by Henrietta (new)

Henrietta H | 16 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "They're taking it from a scientific point so he's going to look human. I don't think they wanted him to look beastly so that the girls can gush over him."

I used to gush over Vincent in the original series. I really want to see how all of this is going to play out since the Vincent in the new series isn't "beastly" - love the image you created there!

message 7: by Lee (new)

Lee Ann | 15 comments I'm with you on this...LOVED the original "beastly" Vincent...and Ron Perlman as Hellboy, too. In fact, the worse he looks, the more I adore an actor who's not afraid to go there. But then, my sister and I preferred the Beast in Disney's Beauty & the Beast to the pretty-pretty Prince he transformed back into at the end! Ah, women...there's truly no accounting for our tastes!!!

message 8: by Selena (new)

Selena Blake (SelenaBlake) | 1 comments I remember the original...vaguely. But I think I liked it enough to give the new show a chance. Nice to see something other than vampires and zombies on screen.

message 9: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Lackey (sherrijots) I watched the trailer. I think his eyes turn yellow or something. Maybe they're always yellow. I guess that along with the scar is it for his outer beastliness. I'll watch it. It might turn out to be a good show.

message 10: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 239 comments We will get to see what he looks like in beast form tonight. From what I saw in the previews :)

message 11: by Henrietta (new)

Henrietta H | 16 comments I had to miss tonight's episode because the husband wanted to watch something else on the TV. I am going to catch the replay as soon as it is available. Was it good? Is he as adorable and strong of character as the real Vincent?

message 12: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 239 comments Last night was good.

message 13: by Khadijah (new)

Khadijah Abdul | 3 comments as a big fan of the original i could not wait to see the remake, I'm unsure as to whether or not i like it. i will watch a few more to see where the storyline ends up.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2530 comments I've seen the first two episodes, and honestly I'm not really liking it.

First off I can't really take the female actress seriously as a detective. I'll try the next few and see how it goes.

message 15: by Tina (new)

Tina Uyttersprot | 1 comments I really like it, but i'm a sucker fr romantic shows. And this one has it's focus on the romantic aspect. He's no so beastly, not even when he shifts ... But nonetheless he's cute ;)

Michelle Saunders (quill_n_ink) | 31 comments Said I wasn't going to watch BatB but wouldn't you know it comes on immediately following The Vampire Diaries. I'm now officially hooked.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2530 comments I tried a few more episodes and I couldn't get hooked, plus I had trouble watching some of the episodes online.

message 18: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 239 comments season 1 is now on netflix :)

unread topics | mark unread