Books, Blogs, Authors and More discussion

Random > TV Shows

Comments (showing 1-50 of 78) (78 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Emily  (XEmilyX) | 730 comments Mod
What do you love?? What do you hate?

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments I very much like Firefly, Arrested Development, The Wire and Mad Men.

I hate soap operas, A Pint of Lager and a Packet of Crisps and any of those daft reality shows. And anything like The X Factor.

Beka (BekaKathryn) | 34 comments Michael wrote: "I very much like Firefly, Arrested Development, The Wire and Mad Men.

I hate soap operas, A Pint of Lager and a Packet of Crisps and any of those daft reality shows. And anything like The X Factor."

:O I'll agree that X-Factor isn't good but 'The Voice' is great!!!

D.M. (DMerri) Beka wrote: "Michael wrote: "I very much like Firefly, Arrested Development, The Wire and Mad Men.

I hate soap operas, A Pint of Lager and a Packet of Crisps and any of those daft reality shows. And anything ..."

I'm with you on hating soap operas and reality shows. Yet they find new realities for 'us' to watch.

message 5: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

I'm not keen on reality shows. I like shows like Vampire Diaries (not vamp mad it's the only one I like), Glee and Pretty Little Liars. I don't know what genre they are. Though two are based on books I hated both books but love the TV series.

message 6: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Any girls (or guys if you swing that way) should Definately be tempted to watch vampire diaries after his video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbc180...

Christi (-_-Lola-_-) | 33 comments I love Top Gear (both American and Britain version) and Friends. Those are like the only shows I watch because I read more than watch tv.

message 8: by Michael (last edited May 20, 2012 02:13PM) (new)

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments Actually, I have started watching Deadwood. On the fifth episode so far, things are picking up nicely.

Lots of rude words.

Deborah George (Ddippydebbie) | 21 comments my current favourite shows are, Grimm, Once upon a time and alcatraz! I dont watch a lot of tv.. but do like those shows.

message 10: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Never seen deadwood, LOVE FRIENDS!!! And Top gear? Ugh!

Deborah George (Ddippydebbie) | 21 comments oh and being human, the uk version not to american one.

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments Emily, the way your posts are so often crammed full of passion and enthusiasm cracks me up.

message 13: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Haha that's what I'm here for! My opinions cannot be repressed, it's impossible.

message 14: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Or suppressed whichever is the right word

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) | 80 comments I hate Friends. Shocking I know. I often get looks. Someone please explain the appeal to me...I just don't get it.

I hate soaps too, oh and the Simpsons. That's another one I get dagger stares for disliking.

I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vampire Diaries, Lost, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Supernatural and Gilmore Girls.

message 16: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (last edited May 20, 2012 02:48PM) (new)

YOU. HATE. FRIENDS? That must be a crime! But you like Vampire Diaries and Gilmore Girls so I'll forgive you.
I hate the Simpsons too, rubbish.
Does no one else like Glee? LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Julie Rainey I'm with Becky. I despise Friends. Especially since on a school field trip to Florida we were forced to watch episode after episode and a bunch of girls took it upon themselves to sing the theme song for the entire 15 hours it took to drive to Florida.

My favorite TV shows are Eureka, House, Warehouse 13, Big Bang Theory and Being Human (the US one, I know it's criminal for me to like it but I do. Aidan is smoking hot okay.) :)

Shomeret | 59 comments Firefly had some great episodes, but I didn't think it was uniformly great. I loved Dollhouse.

My favorite shows of all time were Highlander, Robin of Sherwood and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

The current shows that I've liked enough to watch regularly have been Fringe, Glee, Once Upon A Time, Who Do You Think You Are?, Touch and The Voice.

I'm looking forward to the new season of So You Think You Can Dance.

Andrew Lawston (AndrewLawston) | 57 comments I love Doctor Who with a fierce passion.

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) | 80 comments Emily wrote: "YOU. HATE. FRIENDS? That must be a crime! But you like Vampire Diaries and Gilmore Girls so I'll forgive you.
I hate the Simpsons too, rubbish.
Does no one else like Glee? LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!"

Haha alas it is true, I think maybe because humour is such an induvidual thing, I guess it's just not the type I enjoy. Plus I can't stand Jennifer Aniston.

Yaaay! I'm glad to be forgiven. :)

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) | 80 comments Julie wrote: "I'm with Becky. I despise Friends. Especially since on a school field trip to Florida we were forced to watch episode after episode and a bunch of girls took it upon themselves to sing the theme so..."

Really? I thought I would never find someone else who actually didn't like it, I'm used to being horrifyingly outnumbered. *high-fives you via interwebs*

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments Friends does look very dated now but at the time it was original and fresh.

You uneducated youths.

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) | 80 comments Michael wrote: "Friends does look very dated now but at the time it was original and fresh.

You uneducated youths."

So does Buffy and The Fresh Prince :L

I don't have any issue with it being dated, I just don't find it funny and the characters are irritating. To me, that is...

message 24: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Friends is light hearted and hilarious good for when you don't want serious action packed tv

Lucinda | 222 comments Dear all,
I am apsolutely loving the new television series at the moment 'Once Upon a Time' which is a fairytale with a twist. I love it and cannot wait until next week to find out more about the Storybook characters!
Lucinda x

message 26: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

I've been wanting to read that but I keep missing it, I'll watch it someday

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments To be honest I have never watched Friends properly, it was always the odd episode here and there.

I never understood the storylines involving who was shagging who, and their haircuts were constantly changing and stuff.

message 28: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

I watched from about series 3 on E4 because they always repeated all the series so I was going to watch the first 2 when they came round again but then stupid E4 got rid of it! Same with Gilmore Girls.

Julie Rainey Michael wrote: "Friends does look very dated now but at the time it was original and fresh.

You uneducated youths."

Thanks for the complement but 26 hardly qualifies as youthful.

Julie Rainey Becky wrote: "Julie wrote: "I'm with Becky. I despise Friends. Especially since on a school field trip to Florida we were forced to watch episode after episode and a bunch of girls took it upon themselves to sin..."

High five back!

Deborah George (Ddippydebbie) | 21 comments Thanks for the complement but 26 hardly qualifies as youthful

LOL 26 sure is younger than 36 ;)

Christi (-_-Lola-_-) | 33 comments I never thought saying I like Friends would cause such a discussion. I love it because the storyline is different and I'm finally old enough to get the jokes. (Man I never got ANYTHING when I was 13 but now that I'm 14? So much).

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) | 80 comments HA! Did anyone else get Jennifer Aniston come up on their sidebar as an advert?

Goodreads knows ALLLLLLL :S

Kirsteen I'm surprised no one's said they like Game of Thrones!? It awesome! Aside from that I love How I Met Your Mother (much better than Friends?), The Killing (Danish version), Supernatural (the early seasons mainly). Used to Love Grey's Anatomy but I've gone off it lately since it has convinced me that every slight ailment I have must be symptonatic of cancer.

message 35: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

LOVE How I Met Your Mother

Kirsteen Emily wrote: "LOVE How I Met Your Mother"

THANK YOU! I know so many people who just don't find it funny - how is that possible??

message 37: by Melanie, Trying to finish book 2.. (new)

Melanie Cusick-Jones (MelC-J) | 561 comments Mod
How I met your mother is a bit of a 'grower' I think - took me several tries to get into the characters, but it just takes one good episode and you're hooked!

I do like some True Blood and Walking Dead - which probably makes me a little morbid and gruesome thinking about it...

Love Glee at first, but it's getting a bit painful now (sorry!) Still have soundtracks 1 - 3 though - so must have been on board - Rachel drives me bonkers now

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments I haven't seen How I Met Your Mother yet but people keep mentioning it.

I may have to take a look in between episodes of Mad Men and Deadwood...

Dimah | 27 comments Becky wrote: "I hate Friends. Shocking I know. I often get looks. Someone please explain the appeal to me...I just don't get it.

I hate soaps too, oh and the Simpsons. That's another one I get dagger stares fo..."

You like Supernatural and your name is Becky lol (^_^)
I like Supernatural as well. Other shows I watch include well... anime... I watch lots of anime

Wait... The Big Bang Theory. I watch that too.

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) | 80 comments Dimah wrote: "Becky wrote: "I hate Friends. Shocking I know. I often get looks. Someone please explain the appeal to me...I just don't get it.

I hate soaps too, oh and the Simpsons. That's another one I get da..."

Haha, I know right? Kinda cool. :) I have the same wavy blonde hair as well.

I lot of people seem to be mentioning The Big Bang Theory, but I have no idea what it's about...

Yay! Always glad to find another Supernatural fan. :)

Dimah | 27 comments Becky wrote: "Dimah wrote: "Becky wrote: "I hate Friends. Shocking I know. I often get looks. Someone please explain the appeal to me...I just don't get it.

I hate soaps too, oh and the Simpsons. That's anothe..."

Supernatural is awesome!

At first I thought Big Bang Theory would be... *stupid* since most tv shows are, but after watching it a few times just cuz it's on, it grew on me. I find it funny (o_O)

Something about nerdy scientists being awkward is amusing...

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) | 80 comments Dimah wrote: "Becky wrote: "Dimah wrote: "Becky wrote: "I hate Friends. Shocking I know. I often get looks. Someone please explain the appeal to me...I just don't get it.

I hate soaps too, oh and the Simpsons...."

Haha, cool :)

Julie Rainey Dimah wrote: "Becky wrote: "I hate Friends. Shocking I know. I often get looks. Someone please explain the appeal to me...I just don't get it.

I hate soaps too, oh and the Simpsons. That's another one I get da..."

Bazinga! Sheldon is my fave. :)

Dimah | 27 comments Lucinda wrote: "Dear all,
I am apsolutely loving the new television series at the moment 'Once Upon a Time' which is a fairytale with a twist. I love it and cannot wait until next week to find out more about the S..."

ooo I've noticed this show too. It's really nice and dark.

Dimah | 27 comments Julie wrote: "Dimah wrote: "Becky wrote: "I hate Friends. Shocking I know. I often get looks. Someone please explain the appeal to me...I just don't get it.

I hate soaps too, oh and the Simpsons. That's anothe..."

Bazinga! lol :3

Julie Rainey Dimah: I went to Hot Topic yesterday and there was a whole table dedicated to Sheldon. T-shirts, belts, etc. It was awesome!

Dimah | 27 comments Julie wrote: "Dimah: I went to Hot Topic yesterday and there was a whole table dedicated to Sheldon. T-shirts, belts, etc. It was awesome!"

indeed it would be nice to walk around with one of their Soft Kitty t-shirts

Julie Rainey Hahaha! :) Yes it would.

Lucinda | 222 comments TV shows that i love to watch...
*Game of Thrones is fantastic,
*Once Upon a Time at the weekend,
*Heartland and Wildfire (because i love horses), *Murder mysteries such as Rosemary and Thyme, Pirot & Marple
*Detective such as Lewis, Midsummer Murders ectera.
x

message 50: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

I just started Teen Wolf which is quite good

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Christmas Carol (other topics)