The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP Summer 2012 > 15.2 - “Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer”

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited May 18, 2012 09:19PM) (new)

Sandy | 5899 comments Mod
15.2. “Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer” – read two books with different words in their titles that rhyme with each other. If you’re not sure of your rhyme, check here - WikiRhymer. The words you use must be “pure rhymes.” If you’re looking for groups of words that rhyme, go to the bottom of the page and click on “largest rhyme sets” – that will show you the words with the largest group of rhyming matches. If you're trying to find a rhyme for a specific word, you can put in the word itself to find rhymes for it.
Examples: Beat the Reaper and Heat Wave (Beat and Heat); Zoo Station and The Man Who Made Lists: Love, Death, Madness, and the Creation of Roget's Thesaurus (Station and Creation)

reserved

reserved

Ritika (RitikaP) | 99 comments would proper nouns count? I was thinking Weight: The Myth of Atlas and Heraclesand Villette.

Ritika wrote: "would proper nouns count? I was thinking Weight: The Myth of Atlas and Heraclesand Villette."

http://www.pronouncenames.com/pronoun.... I don't see any word in the first book that would rhyme with Villette.

mstan | 683 comments Can I use The Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspr and The Driver's Seat ('compleat' - actually 'complete' - and 'seat')?

mstan wrote: "Can I use The Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspr and The Driver's Seat ('compleat' - actually 'complete' - and 'seat')?"

those work

Jayme VA | 691 comments Do subtitles and series names count?

message 9: by Sandy (last edited May 31, 2012 06:06AM) (new)

Jayme VA wrote: "Do subtitles and series names count?"

subtitles yes, series titles no.

The "default" rule is that series titles do not count in any task, unless they are specifically mentioned as being allowed. See http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8..., Task Requirment #1.

Megan Anderson (Ms_Anderson) | 1348 comments This site is pretty interesting. For example, if I put in "true," it gives me "to" as a pure rhyme. However, if I put in "to," then "true" doesn't come up. Odd.

message 11: by Nick (last edited Jun 11, 2012 09:59AM) (new)

Nick (doily) | 634 comments Just double checking that "Montana" Montana 1948 and "Havana" Havana Bay will count as a pure rhyme. "Havana" in a Spanish accent would be a near rhyme (I think), but in Kentucky English the words sound like they rhyme purely.

Nick wrote: "Just double checking that "Montana" Montana 1948 and "Havana" Havana Bay will count as a pure rhyme. "Havana" in a Spanish accent would be a near rhyme (I think), but in Kentucky English the words ..."

When I say them, they sure sound like they rhyme! I think you're fine with this pair.

Maria Jo | 66 comments Would 'Ostia' (The Thieves of Ostia) and 'Zia' (Zia) work?

Bea | 1488 comments I'm assuming care and chair will count as a rhyme.

Deadly Care
The Second Chair

Maria wrote: "Would 'Ostia' (The Thieves of Ostia) and 'Zia' (Zia) work?"

I'll accept it.

Bea wrote: "I'm assuming care and chair will count as a rhyme.

Deadly Care
The Second Chair"

certainly.

Kathy G. | 1619 comments would "key" and "mystery" rhyme?

Thanks

Kathy G. | 1619 comments Sorry to bug you again Sandy-- I just wanted to be sure "key" and "mystery" were acceptable for this task.

thanks

Kathy G. wrote: "Sorry to bug you again Sandy-- I just wanted to be sure "key" and "mystery" were acceptable for this task.

thanks"

I'll take them

Kathy G. | 1619 comments Thank you :-)

Coralie | 907 comments Does King's rhyme with things or with ring?

Coralie wrote: "Does King's rhyme with things or with ring?"

to make a rhyme, I'd think things.

Immersednbooks (Kristen) wrote: "what if i have 2 identical words, as in Grave Surprise and Grave Sight technically a word rhymes with itself. grave/grave"

Sorry, the task specifically requires two different words.

Michael wrote: "will names work? Me and Earl and the Dying Girl"

You need to read 2 books for this task, so it doesn't really matter in terms of this title - but yes, the rhyming word in each title could be a proper name.