Goodreads Author Feedback Group discussion

Ask Goodreads > A BOOK FOR A DIFFERENT AUTHOR WITH MY NAME HAS BEEN ADDED TO MY BOOKS

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michael Ward | 20 comments Hi

A book for another author with the same name as me has been added to my list of books on my author profile. The name of the book that has been added is Mike and the Bike and this should be on a different Michael Ward. I also have a video on my author profile that is for a third Michael Ward. the Michael Ward in the video is the author of the Planet Narnia books series. His books are "The Narnia Code" and "Planet Narnia".

Can anyone help to set up author profiles for the other two Michael wards or move the book and video to the correct place.

Thanks

Michael ward

Michael Ward | 20 comments Deb wrote: "I removed the books from your profile. I added an extra space between the first and last name. As far as the video... I found this. If it doesn't work you might want to ask for help in the Goodread..."

Thanks for your help Deb. I removed the video as per your instructions. One thing I noticed - when you removed the first book there was one more book on a new page which appeared at the bottom of the page. This is for a different Michael Ward - there are a lot of us out there. The book that is titled "London Noir" by Cathy Unsworth that is attached to my profile has one chapter in it by a different Michael Ward and should not be on my profile. Sorry I didn't notice this before as it was the only book on the second page. If possible could you remove this one as well please.

Thanks for your help.

Michael Ward

Michael Ward | 20 comments Deb wrote: "Got it"

Thanks for your help Deb. Have a great day.

Michael

Barbara C Johnson (barbaracjohnson74) | 6 comments Michael wrote: "Hi

A book for another author with the same name as me has been added to my list of books on my author profile. The name of the book that has been added is Mike and the Bike and this should be on a..."

The same thing happened to me. Goodreads told me it had corrected the problem, but that is not so. I gave up asking for a correction.

rivka | 411 comments Books with authors with the same name as yours can reappear as new editions are added to the database. The best place to ask for help with these is the Librarians Group.

Michael Ward | 20 comments Barbara C wrote: "Michael wrote: "Hi

A book for another author with the same name as me has been added to my list of books on my author profile. The name of the book that has been added is Mike and the Bike and thi..."

Hi Barbara

Deb corrected it for me. Thanks Deb.

Michael Ward

message 7: by Barbara C (last edited May 20, 2012 03:56PM) (new)

Barbara C Johnson (barbaracjohnson74) | 6 comments Deb wrote: "Barbara C wrote: "Michael wrote: "Hi

Wonderful. The book not mine and to be removed from my Dashboard is Ruby of Cochin: An Indian Jewish Woman Remembers. It looks interesting and has good reviews, but it is not mine.

Barbara C Johnson (barbaracjohnson74) | 6 comments THANKS!!

unread topics | mark unread