Writers Café discussion

Your Worldly Creations > Willow Under the Moon (WUM)

Comments (showing 1-28 of 28) (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Lauren | 1107 comments Mod
I need a title for my June campwrimo story... any ideas?

Basically, Willow (Will) lives in an orphanage as a little girl. She always sits on the back porch steps in the evening, even though the head mistress tells her never to go outside. One night Will sees glowing eyes in the bushes. She's either going to be stolen as a little girl, or a teenager by these wolves.

NOTE: They are real wolves, not werewolves.

The wolf pack is told by the Elder wolves that a new prophecy has come and this girl shall be their savior. I also need to figure out what she needs to save them from.

Shayla suggested that Will has dreams of a magical field with lake and food for wolves and then when she meets the wolves and they tell her through her mind that they need help. Maybe its winter and the lake freezes up? Maybe they have no food and somehow Will leads them to the mystical woods/field?

Amara ~of House Stark~ | 230 comments Ooh. I like this. I could definitely see her being stolen as a little girl, and then cared for by one of the wolves, until she is old enough to save them. And the dream part sounds interesting. I was also thinking that perhaps Willow has to prove herself to the pack, because many of them don't believe that she is their Savior.

Ella (ellarosewood) | 223 comments Sounds good. I still need to develop my idea.

message 4: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Amara wrote: "Ooh. I like this. I could definitely see her being stolen as a little girl, and then cared for by one of the wolves, until she is old enough to save them. And the dream part sounds interesting. I w..."

Thank you! :)

Ooh. I really like that part of her having to prove herself. I can definitely see her doing that.

Ella (ellarosewood) | 223 comments I do too! I can't wait to read it!

message 6: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Me neither! X'D

Amara ~of House Stark~ | 230 comments Lauren (Flame) wrote: "Amara wrote: "Ooh. I like this. I could definitely see her being stolen as a little girl, and then cared for by one of the wolves, until she is old enough to save them. And the dream part sounds in..."

Glad I could help. ^^

message 8: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Current synopsis:

Her destiny was written with a crescent moon scar.

She was trained fiercely. Forced to act older than she was and bound into a stubborn young girl who now must face the odds and do what it takes to be the pack’s Savior.

It was her mother’s fault. Had responsibility been taken, she would be leading a normal life. No crescents. No being cooped up in a home for abandoned children. But the funny thing is, she was never abandoned in the first place.

More than a few years passed after she ran away. Sitting by the window…waiting the arrival of her rescue that would never come for her. That was her assumption anyway. It was unknown to her the day she decided to run off to think about her disturbing dream would be the day her life would change.

A prophecy of a quiet death lingers closer and she is the only one who can stop it. But is she willing trust the wolves who need her most? Does she have the courage to become what had been lost from the very beginning?

I would love feedback. Some people say it's confusing, some people say it's epic. I don't know what to think. XD

message 9: by Shayla, Co-Founder/Moderator (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) | 107 comments Mod
It's epic, my dear Lauren.

Sorry, I've been waiting to that since I watched Sherlock Holmes this morning. XD

message 10: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

XD Thank you, my dear.

Hope It kind of seems choppy to me, Flame. You're jumping around to different (and seemingly unrelated) topics every few sentences, which makes for a rather confusing summary. Try to think about the main components to the story and work on that; it seems to be that you're paying more attention to insignificant (or semi-insignificant) details rather than the main plot.

message 12: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Yeah, I am going to read other synopsis's and see how they are formatted/written and how they don't give TOO much away.

message 13: by Shayla, Co-Founder/Moderator (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) | 107 comments Mod
I think so you should do what you feel is right, Lauren. But I have to agree, it does sort of skip around.

Can ya'll check out my novel, Enchantment? Thanks! I'd love feeedback!

Cami (Sugarbug) | 327 comments EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

message 15: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Thank you. :)

message 16: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (last edited Jun 25, 2012 04:59PM) (new)

Current Synopsis:

Consequences.
Passion.
Fate.

Would you risk everything to save a pack of wolves?

Her destiny was written with a crescent moon scar. Binding her with the wolves. Making her their Savior. The Savior who has the fate of their lives in her hands.

A prophecy of a quiet death lingers closer and Willow is the only one who can stop it. But is she willing trust the wolves who need her most? Does she have the courage to become what had been lost from the very beginning?

message 17: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Name: Aclaipse
Pack: Moon

Appearance:

Aclaipse has beautiful long fur on her thin pelt, which helps keeps her somewhat warmer in the winter. Her downy fur is streaked with willow brown and tan, complete with muddy browns and soft iridescent whites. Her ears are long and keen for hearing, fit with tufts of long cream fur flowing out of them. Her shorter legs aren’t well for running, but her endurance helps her keep up with the pack when they go hunting. Her eyes are a soft amber, more golden even, with sharp green flicks of brilliance.

Personality: Snappy mouth, sharp eyes, and very intelligent. Aclaipse is far from gullible or dumb. She can outwit and catch nearly anything she puts her mind to catching. Everything she has wanted, she has gotten. You might think Aclaipse as stuck up, but she can be as challenging and fight worthy as you will ever find. Her tail is always quick to go up in dominance, and no wolf has ever disobeyed her before.

History: As a young pup, Aclaipse was was born into the freezing snow. Soon after, her mother died from starvation, unable to hunt with Aclaipse in the little den. Aclaipse soon wandered out on her own, coming to Moon pack alone, barely surviving. Quick to be a leader, Aclaipse felt she should prove all the wolves of her worthiness. And soon did so by making the pack tighter and stronger than ever.

Mate: Ulric
Kin: Their pups, Ashia, Nuntis, and Graevel
Other: Ashia is female, lively and energetic with brown blueish tint somewhat resembling Graevul, but with more brown. Nuntis is female, bright and snowy white, reflecting the sun. Graevul is male, blueish gray smoky tint.

message 18: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Prophecy ideas?

A snow of quiet death
Lingers near
With winter’s breath

Find the one
With the crescent scar
She is drowned in ones
lies
To travel far

I'm trying to get a prophecy together, but I'm horrible at making them sound good. Do any of you know how to make prophecies?

message 19: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (last edited Nov 10, 2012 02:47PM) (new)

Work in progress Prophecy.

A snow of quiet death
Lingers near
With winter’s breath

Find the one
With the crescent moon
Before the warmth ends,
All too soon

Next is the lake
Of glittering waves
Your lives are at stake,
So search for the caves

Quickly, don’t waste time
When the clock strikes noon
You are left with a single chance

Once you go through
There’s no turning back
Do what you must do
But don’t look back

Ella (ellarosewood) | 223 comments Sounds really good!

message 21: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Thanks! If you guys have any tips/ideas, I would enjoy hearing them. :)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 223 comments Write faster.

message 23: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

XD Faster?

Ella (ellarosewood) | 223 comments Yes, faster.

message 25: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Why?

Ella (ellarosewood) | 223 comments I don't know. You get it done quicker and then you can edit it. Some of a writer's best work is done in the editing.

message 27: by Lauren, Founder/Moderator (new)

Oh yeah. (: I didn't know what you meant at first. xD Sorry. I only have a few chapters left. :)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 223 comments Nice! You are much farther than I am, I only have a few chapters.

unread topics | mark unread