YA LGBT Books discussion

Archived Threads > It's our One Year Anniversary--Calling ALL YA Authors--can you help??

Comments (showing 1-50 of 65) (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sammy Goode (last edited May 16, 2012 07:03PM) (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments On June 11 the YA LGBT thread will turn one year old! We are now over 900 members strong!

So, to celebrate we will be having a few fun contests to mark the occasion and that is where you come in dear authors! We are asking you to consider donating one of your works to be used as prizes. There are two ways to donate!

First, you could simply leave a note here with the title of the work and format you are willing to contribute OR

You can pm me (Sammy2006) as some authors have already done to donate more privately!!

Either way--on behalf of all of us--I want to thank you dear authors for giving us endless hours of reading pleasure!!

Thanks for considering donating to our celebration!

message 2: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments *

message 3: by Kaje (last edited May 16, 2012 08:05PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments Thanks for doing the work, Sam - looking forward to the celebration. (And you have my info.)

message 4: by John (new)

John Goode | 153 comments Donate an original work or just an offer to write something? Either way I'm in, just let me know what you need cause I'm slow :)

message 5: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments John wrote: "Donate an original work or just an offer to write something? Either way I'm in, just let me know what you need cause I'm slow :)"

We're looking for a free copy of an existing ebook or two to award as prizes, but writing something is good too :) (I'm donating a couple of my shorts in ebook, but also writing a story.)

message 6: by John (new)

John Goode | 153 comments I'll do both, just email me what you guys need.

message 7: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

ah John so generous--thank you--will be in touch!

message 8: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

Thanks John!!

message 9: by Mirvan (new)

Mirvan  Ereon (mirvanereon) | 72 comments I can also donate everything of my works. or I can make a special book just for this contest. What are your suggested themes anyway?

message 10: by John (new)

John Goode | 153 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

ah John so generous--thank you--will be in touch!"

You mean knocking on my door and spoiling my cat?

message 11: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments Mirvan wrote: "I can also donate everything of my works. or I can make a special book just for this contest. What are your suggested themes anyway?"

If you have a couple of things of yours that are YA appropriate and not too dark, that would be good. Sammy will let you know. We're just going to do some contests and events for the anniversary week, and want to have some prizes for the winners.

message 12: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

You mean knocking on my door and spoiling my cat?"

Little Eddie told me it is impossible to "spoil" a cat.

message 13: by John (new)

John Goode | 153 comments Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

You mean knocking on my door and spoiling my cat?"
..."

Little Eddie is a known liar when it comes to treats and pets.

message 14: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

You mean knocking on my door and spoil..."

ah Little Eddie and I...well let's just say we've come to an understanding.

message 15: by John (new)

John Goode | 153 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

You mean knocking on my d..."

Just because he made you a key to my place does not mean that is an understanding. I am pretty sure that's breaking and entering.

message 16: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

You mea..."

tsk tsk tsk oh John...the B&E charges were dropped long ago---sigh---stalkers are so misunderstood!

message 17: by John (new)

John Goode | 153 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

ah John so generous--thank you--will be in tou..."

Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

ah John so generous--thank you--will be in tou..."

Well since Little Eddie bailed you out not much I can say is there?

message 18: by Sammy Goode (last edited May 17, 2012 02:13AM) (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

ah John so generous--thank y..."

The cat is loyal!!! Not so much the owner! sad--so sad!

message 19: by John (new)

John Goode | 153 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need."

ah John so gene..."

The cat doesn't own the stuff in the house. Though he will tell you differently.

message 20: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what you guys need...."

So-all that stuff he gave me--that really wasn't his?? Huh! I was curious about the batman underwear!

message 21: by John (new)

John Goode | 153 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, just email me what y..."

THEY ARE CALLED UNDEROOS!! Damn cat!

message 22: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'll do both, ju..."

I've been wearing them on my head---hmmm--guess I better take them off now!

message 23: by John (new)

John Goode | 153 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I'l..."

Keep em. I still have Wonder Wo...er I mean i have others.

message 24: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote:..."

is that where they went?--damn Little Eddie!

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Eliason (RachelEliason) | 114 comments I have a YA book about a trans youth I am hoping to put out in July sometime. I would be glad to donate a couple of pre-release ebooks to the cause.

message 26: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments Rachel wrote: "I have a YA book about a trans youth I am hoping to put out in July sometime. I would be glad to donate a couple of pre-release ebooks to the cause."

thank you so much!!!!

message 27: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments Rachel wrote: "I have a YA book about a trans youth I am hoping to put out in July sometime. I would be glad to donate a couple of pre-release ebooks to the cause."

Very cool!

message 28: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Ricci (CaitlinRicci) Wish I had one to donate but mine are all in the adult category right now :(.

message 29: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments Caitlin wrote: "Wish I had one to donate but mine are all in the adult category right now :(."

We appreciate the thought - hang around and participate and we'll be more than happy :)

message 30: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Ricci (CaitlinRicci) Kaje wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Wish I had one to donate but mine are all in the adult category right now :(."

We appreciate the thought - hang around and participate and we'll be more than happy :)"

Will do :). And hopefully some of the YA books that I'm working on will be accepted. The YA section of the publisher I'm with opens in a few months so I'm writing as much as I can in preparation.

message 31: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments Caitlin wrote: "Will do :). And hopefully some of the YA books that I'm working on will be accepted. The YA section of the publisher I'm with opens in a few months so I'm writing as much as I can in preparation. ..."

That's great; we need more LGBTQ YA stories being published.

message 32: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Ricci (CaitlinRicci) Kaje wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Will do :). And hopefully some of the YA books that I'm working on will be accepted. The YA section of the publisher I'm with opens in a few months so I'm writing as much as I can i..."

Yes we do. I'm tired of seeing YA novels featuring jerks and the young women who fall for them instantly without questioning basic sanity. I won't name names :).

message 33: by John (new)

John Goode | 153 comments Caitlin wrote: "Kaje wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Will do :). And hopefully some of the YA books that I'm working on will be accepted. The YA section of the publisher I'm with opens in a few months so I'm writing as mu..."

Sparkly jerks? :)

message 34: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Ricci (CaitlinRicci) John wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Kaje wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Will do :). And hopefully some of the YA books that I'm working on will be accepted. The YA section of the publisher I'm with opens in a few months so I..."

And many others :)

message 35: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Paull | 74 comments I can donate an ebook of Outtakes of A Walking Mistake by Anthony Paull! Just let me know the winner's email. :) AP

message 36: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments Anthony wrote: "I can donate an ebook of Outtakes of A Walking Mistake by Anthony Paull! Just let me know the winner's email. :) AP"

Thanks so much - loved that book!!

message 37: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments Anthony wrote: "I can donate an ebook of Outtakes of A Walking Mistake by Anthony Paull! Just let me know the winner's email. :) AP"

Oh thank you so much!!!

message 38: by Nora (new)

Nora | 1 comments I'd be happy to donate a print copy or PDF ebook copy of my book The End: Five Queer Kids Save The World.

message 39: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments Nora wrote: "I'd be happy to donate a print copy or PDF ebook copy of my book The End: Five Queer Kids Save The World."

That sounds fun!

message 40: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments Nora wrote: "I'd be happy to donate a print copy or PDF ebook copy of my book The End: Five Queer Kids Save The World."

Thank you so much Nora!!!

message 41: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn (AshlynDaube) | 83 comments I wish I had something as well, but the only two I have are already free :P

message 42: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments Ashlyn wrote: "I wish I had something as well, but the only two I have are already free :P"

Thanks for the thought Ashlyn!!!

message 43: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn (AshlynDaube) | 83 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "Thanks for the thought Ashlyn!!!"

Maybe for the second anniversary :)

message 44: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments Ashlyn wrote: "I wish I had something as well, but the only two I have are already free :P"

Just hang around and come play with us - that's the important part.

message 45: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Boyette | 53 comments Just got the June Newsletter, I'd be happy to donate an Ebook of Morning Rising. Just message me on here to let me know what to do!

message 46: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Boyette | 53 comments Kindle version or PDF

message 47: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments Samantha wrote: "Kindle version or PDF"

Will message you!!! Probably make either available???

message 48: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 9871 comments Samantha wrote: "Just got the June Newsletter, I'd be happy to donate an Ebook of Morning Rising. Just message me on here to let me know what to do!"

Thank you!!

message 49: by Carole (new)

Carole Cummings | 21 comments Any interest in paperbacks? I can do an Aisling trilogy set. Or just the ebooks, if you'd prefer.

message 50: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4687 comments Carole wrote: "Any interest in paperbacks? I can do an Aisling trilogy set. Or just the ebooks, if you'd prefer."

OMG---yes to paperbacks!!!! DO you mind footing the postage however? Is that something we can help with???

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Outtakes of A Walking Mistake (other topics)
Ghost (other topics)
Inferno (other topics)
Inferno (other topics)
More...