The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles, #3) The Serpent's Shadow discussion

Anubis and Walt *Spoiler Alert*

Comments (showing 1-50 of 64) (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Erica anubis and walt in one person.
don't you think it's unfair,cause walt gets a big adventage.cause you know it's walts body.and all that stuff. but the idea was good.i was just wondering.

Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS I find it a smidge creepy. God of the dead, in...errr, someone who should be dead. Am I the only one who thinks that?

Dominicqe P Wait, so you can't see Anubis at all when the two become one? If so that stinks...

Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS I just find it creepy. I liked Sadie and Anubis together. I never thought this would happen.

Erica Izzy99 ~* I Love Books *~ wrote: "I find it a smidge creepy. God of the dead, in...errr, someone who should be dead. Am I the only one who thinks that?"

you can see him in the duet.

Anna-Cosette I think it's a good solution... As long as Sadie is happy, that's all that matters! When the characters are happy, I tend to feel okay with whatever happened (unless I don't like the book)

Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS Cassy wrote: "Izzy99 ~* I Love Books *~ wrote: "I find it a smidge creepy. God of the dead, in...errr, someone who should be dead. Am I the only one who thinks that?"

you can see him in the duet."

Still

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that Sadie complained a bit too much. I could have been so happy, but whatever, she accepted it in the end. I totally saw it coming but really, it was pretty cool.

Rebecca grrrr!!!i cant pick who i like best!!!!

Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS Walt. I like Walt better.

Dominicqe P I find it really sad that she won't be able to see Anubis anymore :(

Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS She'll be able to see him in the Duat

Emma3501 I thought sadie would just end up with walt, because walt obviously wasn't going to die. i just didn't think it would happen this way!!!!!!
i mean seriously, sadie is having a hard time picking between two boys so ta da!!!!! they just become one!!!!!! really?! couldn't rick riordan just have had walt miraculously survive and not have him host anubis!!!!????????????? oh my god it's just so awkward that walt and anubis are kind of like one person now. it is kind of just walt though, because hosting anubis didn't change anything about him. so really she ended up with walt, just like i wanted. yay!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the team up of Anubis and Walt! I cried when Walt "died", but when he came back as the eye of Anubis I was jumping up and down! I don't think it's creepy at all. Think about it neither Walt nor Anubis has ever really been able to have a real life, Anubis has never had a human host and Walt always had the cruse over his head. Now they both can have a life per say. I didn't see it coming, but I absolutely love it!

Nikki I was a little peeved after finding out they kind of...I dunno, fused into one being, I guess. It seemed awfully grotesque. And considering I was really hooked on Sadie's love triangle, its resolution left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Plus, when you think about it, it's not really fair she gets BOTH guys at once. That's weird. Perfect for Sadie, but really, really weird.

But that's probably the only problem I had with the book, so I'm not complaining. :P

Kylie Nikki wrote: "I was a little peeved after finding out they kind of...I dunno, fused into one being, I guess. It seemed awfully grotesque. And considering I was really hooked on Sadie's love triangle, its resolut..."

I don't actually think it's all that grotesque. I don't think it's so far off of her father's situation, or even her brothers. It's the sort of weird thing that happens when you start hosting gods.

It took me a while to get used to it, but I don't think it's creepy anymore.

message 17: by Adam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adam i think it would be conflickting and confuzing for the bos because i would always be wondering who she rilly likes me or the god like who is she in love with dus she like the god just walts body just walt with the power of a god like rilly there is one but who knows who but she has to like one more then the other

Elena Who on here predicted this? I know someone did becuase we had a conversation. Whoever did props to you!

message 19: by Adam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adam ya after in the book he sed he never had a human host i kind of gessed it but it wasnt me

message 20: by Elven (new)

Elven I hate love triangles . Waste of pages and time . Not what I expected in a cool book like Kane Chronicles . Anyway , I really think this is unfair to Anubis and the whole merging thing is lame . So Anubis and Walt have become one . What happens when Sadie and Walt die ? Will W and A still be one ? Or is walt now immortal ? If they become two souls what will Sadie's soul do ?
I was hoping Sadie and Walt will end up realizing they only love each other as friends or siblings , so Sadie can chose Anubis who finds a godly , magical method to overcome the god-human problem .

Nikki Kylie wrote: "Nikki wrote: "I was a little peeved after finding out they kind of...I dunno, fused into one being, I guess. It seemed awfully grotesque. And considering I was really hooked on Sadie's love triangl..."

But urgh, I dunno, it was just awfully convenient, not the kind of ending you'd expect from Rick Riordan. This way, you're kind of confused about who Sadie really likes - Walt or Anubis? It's weird if the answer's both, but yeah, you're right. Hosting gods is as weird as it gets.

Galini I prefer Anubis for her... I cried for hours when she said she didn't care anymore or something, as long as she had Walt. And she didn't go to see Anubis in the Duat :( It's just unfair, her having feelings for Walt and, you know, kissing him and stuff, while Anubis is inside him watching all of this, knowing that she loved Walt more...
It's just SO sad. :'(

message 23: by Maia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maia I seriously, undoubtedly prefer Anubis. But really, I was a little pissed when I found out. I mean, Sadie is torn between two fab guys for 2/3 of the series. Not even half! Then she finds out this amazingly stupid solution where she can have both of them, if Walt just hosts Anubis so he doesn't die. I mean, it's really kind of pointless to have Sadie going "Oh I love Walt. But I also love Anubis! I feel guilty. Who do I pick!" But really, did she not realize that she could have either of them!? I mean, one is dying, the other's a god, so obviously they're both off limits! Think, Sadie! You have a brain!!!

message 24: by Adam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adam no she dusnt when she sees ither of the guys

jenna okay, two gorgeous boy in one body. what are you looking for??? but Anubis alone would be better for me. yeah, Sadie, you lucky young lady.

message 26: by Tebs (new)

Tebs Alexander Walt is the bomb

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ~Іп Τħε Ċļοůðŝ~ Ik... kinda creepy, but Sadie is so Lucky.

Flora (Excessive hubris.) Uh... I find it weird. But oh well. Rick wants it like that then let it be. :)

message 29: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah It was weird. Weird weird weird. If I were Sadie I wouldn't know what to do, I mean, that's like schizophrenia to the max.

What would you call him? Who's the one talking? Who's the one making the movements? It would be too much for me. I'd probably dump him (them?) and go see a head doctor or something

Laura I really wanted Sadie to end up with Anubis! I find the whole Walt/Anubis combo package thing to be a little too convenient. It's definately strange; I mean... I feel like it's totally unfair for both boys and for Sadie. For example, Sadie decided to call him (them?) Walt, do you think that hurts Anubis? I mean, yeah they're sharing a body and they're all in sync or whatever but they're still two different guys. Even if they are a lot alike, they still have two different minds, right? Do you think they get jealous of one another if Sadie was to give one or the other more attention? It's all a little confusing in my opinion. And what if Sadie finally decides that she actually did like one or the other better? She's stuck with both either way now... Don't get my wrong, I LOVE the series and the book, but this solution was just a little strange for me. I suppose it's fine if you don't think about it too much though.

Anshita Laura wrote: "I really wanted Sadie to end up with Anubis! I find the whole Walt/Anubis combo package thing to be a little too convenient. It's definately strange; I mean... I feel like it's totally unfair for b..."

You voiced my thoughts, Laura. Even I love the book but it was definitely absurd to combine both the guys. And just imagine how they felt when they got to know Sadie had been cheating behind the other's back! I don't like Sadie much. I mean, there is something called 'one man woman' but she is totally out of the very concept. And this turn of events was disappointing. Carter, who she claims is a dumbhead, is much better than her.

message 32: by Gab (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gab *And the prize for most original way to solve a love triangle goes to...*

Rick Riordan!

Also I'd like to put in that Sadie never actually cheated on either of them. She never made any romantic promises. Actually she seemed to try to avoid them, because of Walt's illness and Anubis' general godly state. I agree that her heart was in two places, but I don't think that it qualifies as cheating.

Anshita Kissing both of them doesn't qualify as cheating? And c'mon, your heart and your actions are two completely different things. Your heart's choices are involuntary but your actions are in your hands. Sadie could always keep away, or atleast try to, from one.

Maari i think it's a good idea but what happens when walt dies? i mean when he gets too old to live.. will Sadie, Anubis, and Walt all be together in the Duat, or wherever they go??

Anshita I think if Walt dies then even Sadie won't be able to meet Anubis too. And, well, tragic love story...

Laura I don't think that Sadie cheated on either guy. She was never really in a relationship with either one, she just liked them both. Also, I think that it's important to point out that she is a 13 year old girl... this is her first romantic anything ever, it can be confusing at that age. Personally, I love Sadie, I find her hilarious and endearing.

message 37: by Elliot (new) - added it

Elliot Kinda strange. I hope one of them dies so then it won't be so awkward. (Of course that kind of means that i hope walt dies, because anubis can't die, but walt might die anyway because of his curse)

Anshita Elliot wrote: "Kinda strange. I hope one of them dies so then it won't be so awkward. (Of course that kind of means that i hope walt dies, because anubis can't die, but walt might die anyway because of his curse)"

Yeah, it will become less awkward but then Anubis isn'r allowed to meet Saide so she'll be left with no one :(

Laura Elliot wrote: "Kinda strange. I hope one of them dies so then it won't be so awkward. (Of course that kind of means that i hope walt dies, because anubis can't die, but walt might die anyway because of his curse)"

I don't think that Walt will die from the curse anymore...I think that was the main reason he joined up with Anubis in the first place, because with the god inside of him, he cannot die from the curse.

message 40: by Elliot (last edited Mar 04, 2013 04:32PM) (new) - added it

Elliot I take what I said back. It would be less strange, but Walt is a good guy, sort of like Frank in the Heroes of OIympus series.

message 41: by Elliot (new) - added it

Elliot Gab wrote: "*And the prize for most original way to solve a love triangle goes to...*

Rick Riordan!

Also I'd like to put in that Sadie never actually cheated on either of them. She never made any romantic p..."

I agree.

Therese The way the love triangle works out in the end is kinda weird for me. It's really awkward, you know. Cuz she can totally love them both at the same time. Is she a polygamist or something?

Helen Oh I’m so annoyed that Rick combined them!

A.) It’s creepy. The God of Death in a guy who is supposed to be dead? Ew – just, ew.

B.) Yes, it’s a good solution in the point-of-view of Walt, but what about Anubis? He is basically trapped in Walt, watching them kiss and stuff, and knowing she liked Walt more. It’s heart breaking. I nearly vomited when she decided to name them “Walt”. NOOOO! Anubis’ name is SO much better! I can say it all day. Anubis... Anubis... It feels like has this little curve at the “Anu” part, then changes direction at “bis”.

C.) Am I the only one pissed off that in the end, Sadie didn’t have to decide? I mean, now we don’t know who she truly liked (although, like I expressed above, I think she liked Walt more). The whole thing was just resolved in an instant. “I’ve got to choose between two hot/nice guys. Which one should I choose? Oh – there now the same person? At first I was like: GROSE! But then I was like: COOL! And Now I have both of them. Yay!” I just don’t think it should have been resolved to quickly and so easily. Sadie is 13, and this is her first proper relationship. I just feel that being the first one, she should learn that she can’t get everything she wants. Don’t get me wrong, I do love Sadie dearly, it’s just I really think she should have chosen Anubis one of them.

message 44: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby it worked too well for my tastes but its the ending if all the nice people don't leave at least contet with themselves then thats worse so yeah... What works works right??

message 45: by Karol (new)

Karol I personally liked Anubis way better and I find that the ending was way to covinient aswell. Plus Sadie is only 13 and she's been that age for just a couple of months, its her first relationship as far as im concerned,How long will that last at her age? What is she gonna do if she suddenly decides (being the "teenager" that she is) doesnt like him (them?) anymore? Dump them after leading both of them on for months and not making them but being one of the reasons they joined into one being? Another point, isnt Anubis retreating with Ma'at like the other gods?Can he not do this when he has a host? Im pretty sure he is well needed in the Underworld too...I dont know it all seems just a little too perfect.

message 46: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Anubis, hes awesome!!

message 47: by Ashely (last edited Apr 07, 2013 04:17PM) (new)

Ashely Garretson Karol wrote: "I personally liked Anubis way better and I find that the ending was way to covinient aswell. Plus Sadie is only 13 and she's been that age for just a couple of months, its her first relationship as..."

I totally agree besides Walt is 17.... I mean ik that Anubis is like 5,000 years old but who cares? Hes Hot and looks like hes 16 years old! I love Anubis and wanted Sadie to be with Anubis!!!

Rachel Jackson Gab wrote: "*And the prize for most original way to solve a love triangle goes to...*

Rick Riordan!

Totally!
I find the whole arrangement very creepy. I feel it's more of Walt and less of Anubis. But it's still creepy.

Adrian Mccarthy It's great that Sadie can love both Anubis and Walt,she gets to love the the god of her dreams while his host is the boy of her dreams.

Adrian Mccarthy It's great that Sadie can love both Anubis and Walt,she gets to love the the god of her dreams while his host is the boy of her dreams.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Serpent's Shadow (other topics)