Books + Movies + Tv Shows = Awesome!!! discussion

Anyone a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) I am a dedicated fan of Buffy and have watched all the series. Does anyone else watch it? If so I'd love to discuss favourite characters, love interests, favourite episodes etc :)

message 2: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

Lucinda | 783 comments Mod
Dear Becky,
I used to watch a lot of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' a few years ago, which helped me to relax in between school examinations! I loved it & have since become quite a fan of anything connected to Vampires.
Lucinda x

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) Ooooh cool. I discovered it when I was off ill from school several years ago, I must admit that's one cold I'm actually glad to have had!

Julie Rainey I actually watched the original Buffy movie way back in the day and I was too young. Scared the bejezus out of me and I hated vampires for a long time. Eventually I got over it and Underworld is now one of my faves. Sad to say I never watched any of the Buffy series.

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) Hey Julie,

I have also seen the original Buffy movie, it is very strange! I'm not suprized it put you off as a child. I'm so glad Joss decided to adapt it to a series instead, it works much better and is completely different to the film.

I remember really enjoying Underworld, although thinking back now I don't remember it very well...

Better get watching some then! ;) Teehee.

message 6: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

I have never seen the movie, but it is something that i am going to seek out! x

Julie Rainey It's actually kind of cheesy now that I watch it as an adult. The only part that still creeps me out is when the vampire stands up behind her bed. Ahhh! Nightmares. Lots of nightmares.

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 7 comments I love Buffy! I have watched all the seasons as well! After I finished season 7 I didn't know what to do with my life! I love Xander and Willow:) And Spike and Angel obviously...and Giles...Sorry I have a lot!

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 82 comments Not really

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) Olivia wrote: "I love Buffy! I have watched all the seasons as well! After I finished season 7 I didn't know what to do with my life! I love Xander and Willow:) And Spike and Angel obviously...and Giles...Sorry I..."

Hey Olivia!

Wahooo yay a Buffy fan! I didn't know what to do with my life either, after the last episode I was pacing around the room distressed going "that can't be the end! There has to be more!" and "I can't believe they killed off **** and *** !!"
Ahh yes good old Xander. I was never much of a fan of Willow I have to admit, I liked her of course, but she was never one of my favourites.
Hehe I know it's impossible to choose!
Hmm but if you had to pick would you go for Spike or Angel? ;)

message 11: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

Becky,
Another fan of Buffy the Vampire slayer...yay! x

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 7 comments Becky wrote: "Olivia wrote: "I love Buffy! I have watched all the seasons as well! After I finished season 7 I didn't know what to do with my life! I love Xander and Willow:) And Spike and Angel obviously...and ..."

The last episode was awful!!! With who they killed off I was so upset! And SERIOUSY?!?! They made every girl who had it be a slayer and how exactly will they all know what to do with their powers? And part of what made Buffy so amazing was that she was pretty much the only one!

Xander always made me laugh:) Willow was an interesting character, which is why I liked her!

And Hmm In the beginning, obviously Angel, but later Spike grew on me:) I really like David Boreanaz though so Angel will always be special:)

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) I know! I wasn't happy with it at all at first! I was so upset. But now, after I've re-warched it like a gazillion times I love it in a kind of masochistic way. Haha!

I agree! I always found the potential slayers kind of irritating, so the idea of them being a 100 more of them is pretty worrying...although it would be very cool to wake up one day and discover you had slayer powers!

I like both too but Spike has always been my number one choice. I found that Angel could get a bit whiney and I could never quite forgive the whole him being in love with C. I was like no. NOnononononono!!! He loves Buffy, he's supposed to love her and no-one else! Haha. :)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 7 comments Haha I haven't gotten to the loving it stage:P

And yes, that would be amazing but they don't know what slayers are so they are unaware of the powers they have and how to use them!

I love Spike as a character and always have, but the fact that he tried to kill Buffy made me a little uneasy at first that he loved her. Angel always loved Buffy, I think. I think C was just a little bump haha. He didn't love her as much as he loved Buffy. Whiney, ya I guess I see that. I always just thought of it as a tortured soul haha:)

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) Haha, yeah I don't dislike Angel at all, I just prefer Spike :P

Definitely a tortured soul, and a yummy one at that ;)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 7 comments Becky wrote: "Haha, yeah I don't dislike Angel at all, I just prefer Spike :P

Definitely a tortured soul, and a yummy one at that ;)"

I love them both:) Spike is fantastic!

And yes, indeed! I love him.

Books + Movies + Tv Shows = Awesome!!!

unread topics | mark unread