Books + Movies + Tv Shows = Awesome!!! discussion

Books into TV > Merlin & Camelot!

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

Lucinda | 783 comments Mod
Television series on BBC1 Merlin has delighted us for many years with its classic tale of King Arthur and his servant Merlin. Who could fail to champion clumsy but loveable Merlin, Beautiful and kind Guienevere and brave King Arthur?!

With King Arthur's father now dead & his marriage to Guienevere taken place, we are still left in wonder as to how the Kingdom of Camelot will cope. Morgana was saved by the rare white dragon and with her return to Camelot, can Merlin save Arthur once again?
What will the next series bring i wonder...

message 2: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 3: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

Who loves Channel 4 series of Camelot, with series 1 & 2 behind us we are left in anticipation as to what the next series will bring. With Morgan expecting the child of Merlin and the trusted bearer of magic gone, who will the King turn to if not Guienevere?
Let the battle commence...

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) Lucinda wrote: "Television series on BBC1 Merlin has delighted us for many years with its classic tale of King Arthur and his servant Merlin. Who could fail to champion clumsy but loveable Merlin, Beautiful and ki..."

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEE Merlin! And he's so cute with his sticky out ears :P

message 5: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

Well, he is a kind of lovable character which is emphasised by his clumsy nature and funny comments that never fail to drive poor Arthur mad! He may come across as a bit dim witted but he is actually a very intelligent worlock & the least likely person to have saved Arthur's life so many times. x

Nicola Billing | 4 comments Haha, Merlin is great. Re-watching the series. Just finished series 2. :)

Julie Rainey These are the days I wish I had BBC. I love Merlin (which is on the sci-fi channel here) and I would most likely love Camelot. I was so happy when Arthur finally married Guinevere! Yea!

message 8: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

Dear Nicola,
I cannot wait for the next series and i love watching the past series' again on the children's TV channels, as they are repeated! It is such a brilliant take on the Arturian tale and one that is so funny and witty.
Lucinda x

message 9: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

Julie wrote: "These are the days I wish I had BBC. I love Merlin (which is on the sci-fi channel here) and I would most likely love Camelot. I was so happy when Arthur finally married Guinevere! Yea!"

I was so happy when he did marry Guienever (at last!) and thought that the wedding was a fantastic end to the increadible series. However...Morgana just had to spoil it when she came back to life by the Dragon that saved her; typical! :)

Julie Rainey All because Merlin had to save the egg.

message 11: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

In true Merlin style!

It is SO cute!! x

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) Awwh it IS cute. But I love dragons, there my fave mythical creature, I don't want the cutey to become evil :(

message 13: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

I have to agree with you that dragons are amazing and i loved them in Eragon and also even in Harry Potter (with the Hungarian Horntail!). x

message 14: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

message 15: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

My 2 favourite quotes from the Eragon movie...

(1) "Our beautiful lands have been ravaged by a ruthless king, and our people live under the shadow of tyranny. [...] But it wasn't always like this, was it? There was a time when the world lived in peace, protected by warriors astride mighty dragons. They are nothing but stories now - all we have is hope that a dragon will be born again, and one will rise to lead us to freedom."

and
(2) "There was a time when our land flourished without fear and cruelty. A time of dragons and dragon riders. Dragons gave their riders magical powers. No one could defeat them! Until one of their own, a Rider named Galbatorix opposed them, and cut down any Rider who opposed him-"

That was such a fantastic moment within the film! loved it & Eragon's face was one of sheer excitement and facination. Xx

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) Soooo predddy, I want a Saphira! I love the Inheritance Cycle books (still got the last to read) but I have to admit I really didn't like the movie. I would have to say it was the worst book to film adaption I have seen to date. Such a shame because I was really looking forward to it!

But, the CGI dragons, were awesome xD

message 17: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (last edited May 17, 2012 04:25AM) (new)

It is a shame that the film did not do the book justice, but i still would love to see the rest of the series on DVD. Have you ever read any books by an author called Stephen Deas? He writes about Dragons in such a unique way that is utterly brilliant. x The Adamantine Palace (The Memory of Flames, #1) by Stephen Deas

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (BookBoundBecky) Lucinda wrote: "It is a shame that the film did not do the book justice, but i still would love to see the rest of the series on DVD. Have you ever read any books by an author called Stephen Deas? He writes about ..."

Ooooh no I haven't, thanks for the recommendation!
Becky must investigate! (when I get excited I talk about myself in the third person, it's quite weird)

message 19: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

No, that is not weird at all :) x

message 21: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

Love Dragons! :)

message 22: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

Great authors who write Arthurian Literature, include...
* M K Hume - King Arthur trilogy
The Bloody Cup (King Arthur, #3) by M.K. Hume
and
Dragon's Child (King Arthur #1) by M. K. Hume
and
M. K. Hume
and she also is writing a series on Merlin
* Bernard Cornwell and his warlord trilogy
The Winter King (The Arthur Books, #1) by Bernard Cornwell
Excalibur (The Arthur Books, #3) by Bernard Cornwell

message 23: by Lucinda, The film fanatic & Moderator (new)

If you were a knight of Camelot, who would you be??!!
Gwain or Lancelot? who would you choose to be at the round table...

Books + Movies + Tv Shows = Awesome!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Adamantine Palace (other topics)
The Bloody Cup (other topics)
Dragon's Child (other topics)
The Winter King (other topics)
Excalibur (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

M.K. Hume (other topics)