Historical Romance discussion

Comments (showing 1-2 of 2) (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tiffany Day | 54 comments Every summer I like to read books set in lush, sunny, tropical locations: the Caribbean, SE USA, Spain, even... Most end up being pirate tales, although they don't have to be. I just love to sit poolside in the heat and let my mind wander (closest I can get to a tropical vacay of my own ~ha)

~just looking for any suggestions of favorite past reads or if you are aware of new publications in the works - I don't mind bodice rippers and the like

***just not Shanna - everybody suggests Shanna - lol

some past summer reads: Beyond the Savage Sea (meh) and The Spanish Rose (DNF) Laura Renken's pirate trilogy (LOVED it), Lord of Devil Isle (OK)

message 2: by Angel (last edited Jan 19, 2014 09:43AM) (new)

Angel | 17 comments On the top of my head, historical romance novels set abroad that I cam remember are:
-The Charm School by Susan Calhoun - its mostly set on a ship but their destination is Brazil and some of the descriptions of Brazil were quite beautiful
-The Lion's Daughter by Lorettta Chase- well, since its set in Albania it may not be exactly what you're looking for but I did enjoy it :)
-Nobody's Darling by Teresa Medeiros - set in Texas

They may not be exactly what you're looking for but I quite enjoyed these books and their locations.
Hope this helps!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Beyond the Savage Sea (other topics)
The Spanish Rose (other topics)
Lord of Devil Isle (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laura Renken (other topics)