Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Just for fun ☺ > Random Stuff

Comments (showing 1-50 of 255) (255 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments I like Victreebel and the butterfly one.

message 3: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments hey LK!

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments **waves** Hey, Midu! How are you doing? I've been slammed with migraines. Left my computer on, set at GoodReads all night.

message 5: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments awww feeling better now?

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments Yeah, just a little "wonky" on my legs. LOL! I've been fighting it for days. It just keeps coming back. Ugh.

message 7: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments anything I can do to help? except post pictures? hehe

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments LOL! No, that's good. I enjoy the eye make-up. I used to work for Merle Norman Cosmetics. When I was in high-school, I wanted to be a make-up artist for Hollywood. (I lived near there.)

message 9: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments wow! awesome! did you get to be one?

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments Nope. Became a nurse. ☺

message 11: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 354 comments Wonderful pictures - wish I were that talented.

message 12: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments even better,LK! :-)

message 13: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments @Carolyn:
glad you like em

message 14: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments description

For more from this artist, go here

message 15: by Vi (new)

Vi | 591 comments HP!! Weasley Twins!!

message 16: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments Hey Vi! you rawk! hehehe

Rachel the Book Harlot Midu, I love the eyeshadow pics. My favorite is Charmander. I'm actually going to try that one - would be great for a dance club. :) Butterfree is also nice.

message 18: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments oooh! you'd look awesome hehehe

message 19: by Rachel the Book Harlot (last edited May 17, 2012 06:24AM) (new)

Rachel the Book Harlot lol Thanks, Midu. :) Do you ever watch those eyeshadow tutorials on youtube? There is one woman who is amazing - she makes it all look so easy but whenever I try it I make a big 'ol mess. I can never get it to look the way she does. lol

Anyhooo, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AOrIL...

message 20: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments hehehe will watch it for sure. thanks for the link!

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments That was super, Rachel! Thanks! She is very talented. She gives you the pertinent info quick and easy.

message 22: by ♥Robin ♥ (new)

♥Robin ♥ (Scoobydoo0811) | 843 comments WOW!!! I really like some of those but foresee the mess I would make trying to do that lol My favorite one is the second one...can't see the name cuz the ad over there is covering it up. Thanks for sharing those Midu!!!

That was an awesome video Rachel. Such a talented girl and her eyes are gorgeous ☺ Thanks for sharing. I used to be one that always had my make-up on before leaving the house but when the kiddos came along I slowly but surely got out of that habit due to time restraints. I sometimes pull out the make-up now and put it on for special occassions but that seems to be very rare.

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments I heard the cutest line today out of a little kid's mouth. (She was talking to a woman who was wearing a lot of make-up.)

"I like your make-up. You can see it."

LOL!

Rachel the Book Harlot LOL! Out of the mouths of babes!

I'm glad you liked the vid, Guys! :)

Rachel the Book Harlot Wow! These are nuts! I love them!

message 27: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments I know! Look at the heel on that shoe. Yikes.

message 28: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments OK, that would be a really good way for me to start a diet. I'd be way too scare to go near those cakes!

message 29: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments LMAO! True, CaroB!

message 30: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments hehehe I love em too Rachel! Hey CaroB!

Rachel the Book Harlot Lisa Kay wrote: "I know! Look at the heel on that shoe. Yikes."

I just realized there is a knife attached to the heel! O.O Okay, that is rad...it reminds me of Cat from Night Huntress. lol

message 32: by Rachel the Book Harlot (last edited May 31, 2012 09:11PM) (new)

Rachel the Book Harlot Someone posted this vid at another forum but I thought you Guys would get a kick out of it. This is one of the sweetest marriage proposals I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=...

message 33: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Hey Midu!

Rachel, that was amazing!!! just melted me completely!

message 34: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments Wow! I haven't cried b/c I was happy in ages, but that did it for me, Rachel. So fun!

message 35: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments awwww the cutest!

Rachel the Book Harlot I love her reaction as more and more people begin to appear. lol

message 37: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments I know, Rachel! That took a lot of organization and planning. They (the dancers) did a good job of staying in sync. I started crying when they brought in the laptops, which I'm sure were people they love and care about. So neat that they could share in the moment, regardless of distance and time constraints!

message 38: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments description
description
description
description

more here

message 39: by ♥Robin ♥ (new)

♥Robin ♥ (Scoobydoo0811) | 843 comments I am wondering how much one of those cakes would cost. I am with you CaroB lol I would be afraid to eat them too. I'm also wondering if "blood" gushes or oozes out when you cut them.

message 40: by ♥Robin ♥ (new)

♥Robin ♥ (Scoobydoo0811) | 843 comments Rachel wrote: "Someone posted this vid at another forum but I thought you Guys would get a kick out of it. This is one of the sweetest marriage proposals I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=......"

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ☺

message 41: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments And what would Jane Austen's hero have packed for the weekend? Travel in the second half of the Eighteenth Century.

description

"it appears to start off with shirts; first a couple of night shirts, then what appears to be two "neck shirts" including a "new fine plain" one. He packed two Ruffles plus "One fine Holland Ditto" as well as three pairs of silk stockings. One piece of gauze, three pairs worsted (stockings, presumably) went into the case along with a couple of night caps made of "linnen".

"W. shoes" may have referred to walking shoes but I cannot be sure and I have been unable to decipher the following line apart from seeing that it involved "one Blue Ditto and One Silk"

He needed a cloth coat and waistcoat (he called it "cloath") as well as a silk waistcoat and a white dining waistcoat. Silk breeches and five stocks were packed as well as "muffatees". Sadly I have no record showing what these were made from - they were fingerless gloves or wrist bands, often knitted but sometimes made of elasticated strips of leather, or even fancy ones made of peacock feathers.

"The actual cost of travel was considerable. Richard shows a coach journey from Bourton to Evesham of 41 miles costing over one pound eleven shillings."

description

"dinner at four shillings and ten pence (equivalent to a buying power of perhaps $22 today); the waiter at sixpence (a couple of dollars); the horsler i.e. ostler a shilling (four dollars); and turnpikes one shilling and sixpence (six dollars). The actual coach fare came to a guinea (getting on for a hundred dollars nowadays)"

message 42: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments Medeival Avengers:

[image error]

[image error]

message 44: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments Cute, Midu!

message 45: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments hey LK! i posted a lot of things, did you look at the first one?

message 46: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments The Jane Austin hero and the Medieval Avengers, Midu? Yeah. Though, I don't know what a Blue Ditto is, either...

message 47: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments yeah but it was amazing to read that Jane Austin thing. :-)

message 48: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18805 comments True!

Rachel the Book Harlot Midu, I loved all of this but I especially loved the two lists you posted. That is awesome!

message 50: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1683 comments Thanks,Rachel! :-D

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shattered Circle (other topics)