Coffee Talk discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Inactive/Archived Threads > June TBR (to be read) Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 65) (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Pam (new)

Pam | 10043 comments Ready to start our June challenge?

message 2: by Lee Ann (new)

Lee Ann | 922 comments I'm ready, count me in.

message 3: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments For anyone that is new to the group. Come join us for the June challenge.

We pair you up with someone and you each pick a book from your "TBR" list. Books that you have sitting around that need read that you just havent gotten around to. Its fun you find new books to add to your already growing pile. Learn what others thought about the book.

Come join us. I will pick partners May 24th

message 4: by Literary (new)

Literary  Chanteuse | 403 comments Okay count me in for June. I made a "tbr challenge" shelf for books that are priority for me. Looking forward to June!

message 5: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments Welcome Margaret.

message 6: by Literary (new)

Literary  Chanteuse | 403 comments Shelby wrote: "Welcome Margaret."

Thanks!

message 7: by Cheryl, The Book Contessa (last edited May 15, 2012 08:38AM) (new)

Cheryl, The Book Contessa (upgirlcd) | 3456 comments I'm in (just 1 book this time :)& glad you joined in Margaret!

Caren ~ the misfit geek (caren41) | 594 comments A lot of the books on my list will have to be checked out from the library but I'd like to give this a try.

message 9: by Literary (new)

Literary  Chanteuse | 403 comments Cheryl wrote: "I'm in (just 1 book this time :)& glad you joined in Margaret!"

Thank you Cheryl!

message 10: by Pam (new)

Pam | 10043 comments I'm in.

message 11: by Kimberli (new)

Kimberli Galvez | 928 comments I am STILL waiting for my May's TBR book from the library... Very frustrating! But when it comes in I'll read it.

Please put me in for June. a lot of fun, but please whoever gets me, just pick ONE. I like the surprise and with no decisions. :) thank you.

message 12: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Count me in!!!

message 13: by Deborah (last edited May 15, 2012 09:34PM) (new)

Deborah | 3403 comments I am in - one book from my "To Be Read - Owned" list please.

message 14: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments Oh Kim that just sucks. Well we still have 2 weeks of the month hope you get it soon.

Welcome Bridget...

message 15: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 313 comments Im in I am taking a few books with me to my summer place. My boyfriend put a limit on me because I can get some books at thrift stores, but not sure if I can find the ones on my list...

message 16: by Lee Ann (new)

Lee Ann | 922 comments Electronic readers are perfect, then the "other" does not know how many books you are really taking. hehe

message 17: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle I'd like to do the challenge, I'm very excited!

message 18: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments Welcome Jenn and Rochelle I will add you in.

message 19: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (Mummyof2angels) | 3404 comments I'm in lol I'm still stuck in may mode didn't think of June one yet lol

message 20: by Isobel (new)

Isobel I am kinda new here and I really want to get focused on my reading. I am in. Guess I have to read the threads here to know how this thing works. :)

message 21: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments Isobel...make a TBR list weither its books you have. Want to get from the library. Whatever you desire. Then next week I will pick you a partner. That partner will pick from your list that you name. You read the book they pick for you. Come back tell us what it is. When you finish reading it come back and share with us what you thought. Easy Peezy. Any questions dont hesitate to ask. Oh and welcome to our group.

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (Mummyof2angels) | 3404 comments Welcome Isobel the tbr challenge is great fun and great for clearing out books you keep putting of yet end up enjoying

message 23: by Literary (new)

Literary  Chanteuse | 403 comments Shelby wrote: "Isobel...make a TBR list weither its books you have. Want to get from the library. Whatever you desire. Then next week I will pick you a partner. That partner will pick from your list that you name..."

So is it just one pick for the month or the picks are throughout the month? Sorry not quite sure how it works.

message 24: by Pam (new)

Pam | 10043 comments One pick per month, Margaret, unless there is an odd number of participants, Shelby will ask if anyone would like to partner with more than one person.

message 25: by Literary (new)

Literary  Chanteuse | 403 comments Pam wrote: "One pick per month, Margaret, unless there is an odd number of participants, Shelby will ask if anyone would like to partner with more than one person."

Okay thanks! One person pick I was thinking one book pick per month. lol! I haven't had any coffee yet in my defense lol!

message 26: by Tiarra (new)

Tiarra Benedict (bibliogrl) I'm in!

message 27: by Dessa (new)

Dessa (Night_Mirror) I'm new to the group but I would love to join in!

message 28: by Lee Ann (new)

Lee Ann | 922 comments Just to probably cause more confusion. We usually pick a book for the whole group to read also. This is an additional challenge that we started to get those backlogs of books from the TBR shelf to the read shelf. Example: This month, the whole group is reading Columbine and then everyone participating had to read what their partner picked for them. Of course, when you take one from the stack, you have probably bought two more in the month so we really don't get our stacks done, just keeping them the same. It is fun and has made me read some of those that have been around for a while. Glad to have some of you join. For the record, I think my stacks are the highest so just be sure you have your books in a place where we can see your list that you want to have books chosen from. Example: I have mine listed as I'll get to it. That means that I don't have to read them right away because they are around the house and they are a lower priority than the library. You can make your list whatever title you want. Cheryl asked me to pick from her kindle list last month. You can let your partner know what list you want them to use. Hope that did not muddy the water too much.

message 29: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments You got it nailed LeeAnn no muddy water ;)

Dessa welcome.

message 30: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyleigh28) | 1446 comments In!

message 31: by Isobel (new)

Isobel got it. Thanks Shelby, Lisa and Lee Ann. Wll make my list after dinner! :)

message 32: by Kimberli (last edited May 19, 2012 03:32PM) (new)

Kimberli Galvez | 928 comments so great to see new readers join in the challenge, It is fun to get to know them a little and see their list of books to make a pick. Can't wait.

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Count me in!

message 34: by Emma (new)

Emma I'm in.

message 35: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 89 comments Sounds interesting. I would like to try it too! Please only one book for me too!
Thanks

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm the newest of newbies, but I'd love to join in!

message 37: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments Welcome new members...Emma, Kathy, Hattie, and Amanda.

Wow we are going to have a big TBR pal up this month. So happy.

Also I will do the extra this month if we have a uneven amount. Welcome ladies.

message 38: by Tima (new)

Tima (tsunanisaurus) Do I still have time to join this? I'd love to if possible! :)

message 39: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments Yes Tiffani, we are taking sign ups till Thursday =)

message 40: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments Oh and welcome to the group

message 41: by Tima (new)

Tima (tsunanisaurus) Thank you Shelby! Looking forward to reading great books and meeting some great people! =D

message 42: by Louise (new)

Louise Bailey Hi, this sounds great! How do I get into this?

message 43: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments Louise just tell us you want in. Read the thread for instructions. And Thursday I will pair you up with someone. Please have a list of books your partner can look at after the befriend you and they will pick a book off the list you state for you to read. Come back and tell us what was picked. Once you have read it in the month of June come back and tell us about it. And if any of you have questions please let us know.

Caren ~ the misfit geek (caren41) | 594 comments Shelby - do we also pick a book for them from their list?

message 45: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments Yes Caren you do. Sorry...forgor that part =)

Caren ~ the misfit geek (caren41) | 594 comments One more question (sorry) - Does it have to be a book we have read or can it be something that looks interesting?

message 47: by Shelby, Challenge Queen (new)

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 2654 comments Caren dont be sorry-It can be whatever you want. Books that you have in your home-ones you want to get from the library. Or just that something that looks interesting. Whatever is on your list your partner picks from. Most people like to pick books they have read that they see on your list. We have had some read the same books. It all depends on what you want.
I can look at your list for you if you would like. Give it a special name for example mine is "TBR books I have" one I read last month Ive had for a couple years. Its a matter of preference.

Caren ~ the misfit geek (caren41) | 594 comments Got it - thanks Shelby. Can't wait to try it :)

message 49: by June (new)

June Keggans (jkeggans) I'd love to be a part of this! :)

message 50: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (Mummyof2angels) | 3404 comments Wow this tbr challenge is going to be the biggest yet and still the whole of today to keep names coming, what a hike in members

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Columbine (other topics)