YA Spirit discussion

Books Books and More Books! > Kindle vs. Paper

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naomi (new)

Naomi If you own an electronic reading device or have tried on, which do you prefer, reading an actual book or one that's on a screen?

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (CAT2010) | 17 comments I own a Kindle, I like having the ability to carry several books in a small compact device; if I don't like the book I am reading, I can quickly choose another. I especially like the Kindle for travel purposes.
On the flip-side; I have yet to free my need of books. I carry a book everywhere I go, even while my Kindle is in my purse. (Books are like a good friend who keeps you company on down moments or slow waiting lines.) I like the feel, smell, the textures, and the words don't blind my eyes after long periods of reading. I think my biggest like of books over Kindle or e-books, is the covers. I like having a book with an enticing cover; (people tend to ask you what you are reading when they see the cover, and I like the open-ended question to answer.)I find that I will carry and read a book more than if it is on my Kindle. I know many friends who like technology, I don't hate it and I use it often; but when it comes to books I just can't release my grip on the paper.

message 3: by Naomi (new)

Naomi same here :) I also own a kindle and really enjoy looking at the cover of a book when i close it and also knowing what page im on. With a kindle, you can't do that.

message 4: by Graham (new)

Graham Haehnle  | 10 comments PAPER!!!!!! I know the Kendal is suposed to be environmentally friendly, but for every one tree taken down for paper 2 more are planted!!!!!!! I know u can hilight and look up words or passages on kendals, but that's what posted notes, 2nd hand paper backs, and dictionarys are for!!!!!!! U can't feel a Kendal! U can't teen it's pages. It does not age and grow in your heart. It does not have that wonderful old book smell!!!! It is not ment for me and that is my opinyion!

message 5: by Naomi (new)

Naomi ditto :)

message 6: by BvbArmette (new)

BvbArmette  (Demi-GodGirl1356) paper

message 7: by Lena (new)

Lena | 59 comments Paper all the way!

message 8: by Lena (new)

Lena | 59 comments I listen to vinyl records. I wasn't even alive when people were using them! The point is, just because something is 'more advanced' that doesn't mean it is better. I'd read scrolls if I could!

message 9: by Naomi (new)

Naomi lol, ive always wanted to read a scroll

message 10: by Lena (new)

Lena | 59 comments Same!

unread topics | mark unread