You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Book Group: Book Discussions > The Monsters of Templeton - Random Chat

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments This thread is for any random chat about The Monsters of Templeton.

There is no separate thread for spoilers this month so please warn people if your comment contains spoilers

***SPOILER ALERT**** - that'll probably do it :P

message 2: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkibfabulous) I am loving this story, lots of twists and unexpected turns!! (It reminds me of the Time Traveler's Wife.) I am three-quarters of the way through and can't wait to finish!

message 3: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments Blimey Nikki! I've not started and I'm supposed to be leading it :S I will start tonight I promise!!

message 4: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 240 comments I just finished the first chapter of this book and it's really wierd how the main character is a descendent of the founder of the town and the famous novelist. My father is an editor for our local Utica newspaper and his old partner, who lives in Cooperstown, is a descendent of the actual novelist James Fenimore Cooper (her last name is Cooper) and founder of the town. Of course, I will be picturing her in this role! I can't wait to talk to her about this book. I'm sure she knows the author. And I don't know about that Monster in Glimmerglass Lake. I'll have to think twice about bringing my son swimming there next summer (LOL)! I'm really looking forward to getting into this one as it already feels familiar to me with all the local references.

message 5: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments I've read the first couple of chapters! So far so good. I can't believe you live near the town Jaime. Must be nice being able to picture it all!

message 6: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 240 comments Yeah, it's neat to envision the town with a fictional twist. Too bad you can't post pictures here.....I could post some of some of the places mentioned in the book. Glimmerglass Lake is very beautiful. Is anyone on Facebook? If anyone is interested and on Facebook, I could post pictures there and, as long as we were "friends", you could see them. Keep me updated if anyone is interested in that. I could wait until February after we all finished the book.

message 7: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments If you upload your piccies to http://www.photobucket.com you can then link them to this thread.

message 8: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 240 comments Okay. My husband and I may be down that way next weekend. If we are I'll take pictures and post them here.

message 9: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments That would be great Jaime!!

message 10: by Kipahni (new)

Kipahni | 144 comments That would be awesome to see some photos!
I'm on chapter 5, such great quirky characters.

message 11: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments I'm loving this book. And getting through it quickly which makes a nice change from the woman in white :) which is still unfinished!

message 12: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkibfabulous) It would be really cool to actually see some of the places! and characters! LOL

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread