Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

Your favorite scene of the book and why.

Comments (showing 1-50 of 79) (79 new)    post a comment »

DaemonBlack (bookfreak) My favorite scene was when Peter saved Tris from dying by injecting her with color dyed serum that only made her paralysed fooling Jeanine into thinking that she's dead and then got Tobias, Tris and himself out and into safety.

I just think that not all people are bad guys and that they can suprise you at times.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite scene was when Tobias and Tris were escaping and then Tris found out it was a simulation. I just loved seeing Jeanine put in her place

DaemonBlack (bookfreak) Jordan wrote: "My favorite scene was when Tobias and Tris were escaping and then Tris found out it was a simulation. I just loved seeing Jeanine put in her place"

Lol I know and then she started raging at Tris.

Natalie I have a few...
When Tris crawls into bed with Tobias/Four and he says: "I'll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you" and Tris says: "With what?" and Four says: "With my bare hands, of course"

and when Tris was given the peacefulness syrum in Amity and she acts all drunk... I loved the things she said and the way that Four reacted.

When Peter carries Tris out of the room when she is supposed to be dead. I still don't like him, but that made me hate him just a teeny bit less

Aaaaannnnnnnd When Four attacks the people in Erudite and gets Tris away from Peter, but then Tris can't walk and he's like: "oh no." and then carries her on his back!

There are so many more... basically I just loved the entire book baha

message 5: by MaL (new) - rated it 5 stars

MaL My fav part was when Tobias brought Tris back from Erudite and took her in the bathroom and cleaned her up and told her he was her family now. I love him!

Andrea When Tris punched Jeanine :)

Enza Favourite part is when Tris is having a nightmare and goes into Tobias room in Amity headquaters. I just think he's so cute!!!!He dosn't take advantage of her but he gives her space to cry. Loved the joke he made about fighting her dreams with his bare hands.

Enza Also when Tris goes to Tobias' appartment back in dauntless headquaters. When he yells at her, but then says he couldn't live without her. i didn't think he would almost cry, but he loves her too much to loose her. This was my favourite part.

Natalie Maria wrote: "My fav part was when Tobias brought Tris back from Erudite and took her in the bathroom and cleaned her up and told her he was her family now. I love him!"

yes that part too!!! I love Four!!!!

Sadaf Favourite Tris and Tobias moment has to be when he washed her feet and told her he'll be her family...
Non Tris and Tobias moment has to be when Tris punches Jeanine and when the Dauntless storm out of the Candor headquarters leaving Jack stunned!

message 11: by Enza (new) - rated it 5 stars

Enza can anyone answer a few quetions for me:
1. Is Lynn a lesbian?
2. Who is the girl at the end of the book on the screen?
3. Is caleb still a trator or was he forced to do what Jeannie asked?
Would really appreciate if anyone could answer these.

message 12: by DaemonBlack (bookfreak) (last edited May 15, 2012 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

DaemonBlack (bookfreak) Enza wrote: "can anyone answer a few quetions for me:
1. Is Lynn a lesbian?
2. Who is the girl at the end of the book on the screen?
3. Is caleb still a trator or was he forced to do what Jeannie asked?
Woul..."

the first to your question is yes she is, or I could be wrong and she liked Uriah.....
and the second to your question is that lady on tv is Edith Proir she's Tris's grandma or great grandmother from the past.
and the answer to Caleb is I do think his a traitor after he sided with Jeanine when she was about to die and didn't do anything about it makes him a traitor.

RoousC My favorite part is when Tris fights with Peter and the people on amity gives her the peace serum, I love that part, it's really funny.
And I also like the part when Tris had the nightmare and she went to Fourbias's room and he tells her that he will fight the bad dreams off.

Vanessa Andrea wrote"When Tris punched Jeanine :)"

Most satisfying part in the book. Jeanine gets what she deserves.

Eunice Biblioceraptor The scene where Tobias and the other Dauntless leaders execute Eric. I know I must sound like a sicko, but it wasn't really because they were killing Eric, but just the way the scene was written, with the three guns and one bullet, and the bit where Tobias says, 'Be brave,'...
But I also like the scene where Tris is doped up and she says, 'That's why you like me! Because you're not very nice either! It makes so much more sense now.'

Clarissa Illusorio Bookfreak wrote: "My favorite scene was when Peter saved Tris from dying by injecting her with color dyed serum that only made her paralysed fooling Jeanine into thinking that she's dead and then got Tobias, Tris an..."

this is my favorite scene :)

Abigail.Myranda I think my fav scene was the part when Tris and Four had to take the truth serum. I just loved the "thank you for your honesty".

message 18: by Cady (new)

Cady i have so many!!!

1. i know this is from divergent but still--when tris stands up to eric and tells him he is just a bully and then has the knives thrown at her

2. when she is in the simulation running away then mocks Jeanine and attacks her! bitch deserved it!

3. When Tobias comes back from Jeanine's lab at the end of the book, and Tris thinks he is going to hate her but instead he just says she was right and he has always known who she is

GOD I LOVE THIS BOOK SOOOOOO MUCH!

message 19: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Jordan (The Gleek) wrote: "My favorite scene was when Tobias and Tris were escaping and then Tris found out it was a simulation. I just loved seeing Jeanine put in her place"
When I was reading that part, I did realize that it was a simulation, but I agree with you, it was a very special part in the book!

message 20: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Reading these comments has got me feeling that I have to go back and read the whole book again, just to relive that awesome experience!

message 21: by Cady (new)

Cady Ana wrote: "Reading these comments has got me feeling that I have to go back and read the whole book again, just to relive that awesome experience! "

thats exactly what im doing!

Chris I just finished the book earlier today and I want to read back through it already. ;)

Favorite scenes..well my top favorite was at the very end of the book when Four walked up to Tris and basically apologized for not believing in her. I do think they've got a lot of things to work through but that was a high point.

When Christina came and got Tris to help try to save Marlene, Hector, and the other girl on the rooftop. It showed that even though she 'hated' Tris, Christina still knew that Tris was a strong, good person that knew the right thing to do.

And a final favorite was definitely when Jeanine lost it and was raging at Tris over beating her with her mind. That was a classic over the top villian on a freak out scene. Loved it!

message 23: by Lani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lani Szimhart When tris realizes she's in the simulation with Tobias then she wakes up and attacks Jeanine and tells her that she'll never be able to control her. I just love how tris is in control at that scene

I also love when Tobias tell her that he'll be her family I love him soo much <33333

Lauren When they were all living in the Abegnation house together, just being happy for once (until Eddie showed up...).

Rebecca Taylor There are too many to choose from!!!!!

Chisom *AngelBooky* every single scene with Tobias and the best part: when she was in the simulation and had to fight herself. that was just so freakin awesome! XD want to reread all over again...

message 27: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Gibson My favorite was where Tris was escaping with Tobias but it was all a simulation. I loved it because at first I didn't realize it was a simulation and was just there like "MOVE FASTER, GET THE HELL OUT!" and then when Tris looked up and said "You'll have to do better than that" I was on the verge on clapping for her because she just fooled Jeanine. Then the whole scene afterwards where she finally got hold of Jeanine was epic!

Emily My favourite part is either when Tris has a bad dream while they were at the Amity compound, and she crawls in bed with Tobias. Or when she presses her hand against Tobias's window right before she is "executed." ;)

message 29: by Destini (last edited Nov 30, 2012 02:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Destini Faith My favorite part of this book is when Tris out of the blue asks uriah i think..."DIVERGENT" and hes just all cool about and hes like "YEP" becausse they were under attack from jennean

message 30: by Nici (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nici Turner One of my favorite parts of this book is when Tris is under peace serium (i think thats what its called) and she goes to find Tobias. I love his reaction to her being totally loopy! I also ADORE all of the little Tris and Tobias parts!!

Cass {Assbutt} My favorite part is when Tris finds out about the truth and her mom.

Cass {Assbutt} Nici wrote: "One of my favorite parts of this book is when Tris is under peace serium (i think thats what its called) and she goes to find Tobias. I love his reaction to her being totally loopy! I also ADORE al..."

Me too!

message 33: by Hope (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hope I like it when they were at Amity and they injected peace serum to Tris which made her act really bubbly, I think that part was really funny :)

message 34: by Deta (new) - rated it 3 stars

Deta Adams I loved it in Divergent when he gets really close to her face like he is inspecting it and then tells her that she looks 'tough as nails' while trying not to smile. I see that really clearly in my mind.

message 35: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah reick i like the the truth sirum part b/c that was just funny. my second favorite part was where peter save them that shows even the bad have some good in them. my last favorite part was at the end when she yells at four then he goes and threatens calab to get the secret information.

Emily One of my favorite lines in the book is definitely when they're in Amity and Tobias is like "Okay, well, I'm not very nice either, that's why I like you, so." :P

message 37: by Sarah (last edited Dec 16, 2012 09:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah I liked it when Tris was saying how she loved Caleb so much and saying she couldn't believe that Caleb betrayed her. Watched her die without saying anything. Especially the part when Caleb said he really loved Tris and Tris said if he did then why didn't he save her. Even though he couldn't, he at least tried for her... FEEL THE GUILT, CALEB.

Josiane Claremont 1. After Tris is given a sedative after the injection of the new serum, Tobias runs over and she sees the red marks on his arms (it just shows how much he loves her!!! xD)

2. When Tris presses her hand against the glass window and sees Tobias before her "execution"...(!!!)

3. When Tris passes Tobias in the hallway when he is first taken in to Erudite HQ, and Tris asks him why he did it, and Tris almost sorta "gives up"

4. When Tris tells Jeanine that she is immune to pain, truth serum, and simulations

Khadija Favorite part is when Tris is having a nightmare and goes into Tobias room in Amity headquarters. it'z so cute how Tobias takes care of her.

Jassem Almulla my fav scene was the video at the end of the book.
i ended the book when i was in my bed at night.
when i red that scene i was imagining the whole thing
i got really inside the book and i was so damn terrified
the man strangled on the line of the phone booth, the
people dead in a whole of a house size. i just imagined the
whole thing as if i was there and it was scarry ;p .
thank u roth for being such an awesome author we all love and
support you.

Jennifer Josiane wrote: "1. After Tris is given a sedative after the injection of the new serum, Tobias runs over and she sees the red marks on his arms (it just shows how much he loves her!!! xD)

2. When Tris presses her..."

Yep also my favorite scenes and the one about Peter saving her along with the ending. Btw many people thought the book wasn't that great? I thought it was a great book.

message 42: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger when tobias is in the lab and tris looks behind her shoulder and sees his hand on the window... so cute

message 43: by Em (new) - rated it 3 stars

Em When Tris was high on the Amity drugs. Really.

message 44: by Emily (new)

Emily Zhang I don't really have a favorite scene... but i have a favorite line (LOL) and it's : “Unlike Tobias, who is almost shy when he smiles. Like he’s surprised you bothered to look at him in the first place.” i don't even know why i like it so much but... :)

Rachel When Tris gets the peace serum at Amity Headquarters and how Tobias to it ;) best scene ever

Sophie I love the part where Peter saves Tris with the fake syrum - it shows that even the darkest souls have a a beam of light.
Also, I couldn't stop laughing at Amity Headquarters when they drug Tris, and she goes on a rant. My fav line from that scene is
"That's why you like me!" I exclaim. "Because you're not very nice either! It makes so much more sense now."

LOL :)

Jimena07 My favorite part of insurgent was when Marlene died. Not because I didnt like her or because I wanted her to die, I just liked what Tris said about not saving Marlene who was nice to her and I think it is a very emotional part-I cried a lot- so thats why it is my favorite part. I cried because Marlene had just started a relationship with Uri and he was devastated, I cried because Marlene always stayed true to Tris even when Christina and Will didnt because they thought of Tris as a threat, I liked that she was better of a friend for Tris than Christina but she didnt pry, I cried because Marlene made a great impact in Tris's life but still Tris chose to save Hector. It was devastating for me because Marlene was one if my favorite characters and she will always be remembered. Along with every person that died. I cried harder every time the list got longer:
Nathalie Prior
Will
Tris's dad
Marlene
Lynn
Fernando
Uriah(I cried for a whole hour and I keep on weeping)
Tris
Tori(she never saw her brother)
And so much more:'(
I know most werent from Insurgent but I'll miss them in the movies! #Eternal&EndlessLove

Nagina Talia H. i like the part when tobias is drunk and whispers in hazels ear saying u look good when they werent togther yet

message 49: by Ines (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ines IBRAHIM My two favorite scenes are: when Four and Tris were shot with the truth serum and they had to tell their deepest secrets (it was so emotional), the second when tris was in Amity and was shot with the serum of 'Happiness'. it was so funny.

Samantha Ines wrote: "My two favorite scenes are: when Four and Tris were shot with the truth serum and they had to tell their deepest secrets (it was so emotional), the second when tris was in Amity and was shot with ..."
I like both of them and the scene where Jeanine died, I just didn't like her, I think that most people don't either.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Insurgent (other topics)