The Sword and Laser discussion

Scifi / Fantasy News > Did anyone else see the Scifi exibition at the British Library?

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (new)

Lucy G | 15 comments So I know it was last year but it was an amazing exhibition with some amazing first editions and interactive tech stuff, was I the only one who saw this and is it touring?

message 2: by Tim (new)

Tim | 380 comments I didn't know it was on. I don't often go into London, but I'd have made the effort if I'd known about it (the last two things I went up to the Smoke for were the touring Star Wars and LOTR movie exhibits)

message 3: by Lucy (new)

Lucy G | 15 comments It was amazing it had first editions from Arther C Clarke and H.G Wells and all sorts of cool interactive stuff.
One of the sections had Patrick Stewart reading the audio vintage books!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainme...

message 4: by John (john) (new)

John (john) (DowdyKitchenMan) | 119 comments Fascinating exhibit, very thoughtful curation. Was really happy to be able to visit. I don't think it's touring but they did publish a Companion volume:
Out of This World: Science Fiction but not as you know it

message 5: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 3425 comments I wished I'd known about it last year when I was there! I go to London every other month or so for work (well, that will end soonish, we're almost done this job)...bummer. :(

message 6: by Warren (new)

Warren | 1531 comments I found an overview - http://goo.gl/ZZKra
I didn't know that Kipling wrote scifi.
(With the night mail) That one's going to the top of my list.
I'd like to hear more about the exhibit.

message 7: by Lucy (new)

Lucy G | 15 comments I was just suprised by how amazing it truly was, and how I hadn't heard about it until I got there!
Along with all the first editions and writers manuscripts were lots of interactive stuff that were hinted at but not shown in the bbc clip, there was even a life sized tardis.
Are they planning more like this?

message 8: by Lucy (new)

Lucy G | 15 comments www.nls.uk/exhibitions/treasures

This looks kind of cool too, but I don't know ehn I will be in Scotland next.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Out of This World: Science Fiction but not as you know it (other topics)