You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > Team Toppler sign up!

Comments (showing 51-90 of 90) (90 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mikki Maria wrote: "Usually it stands for electronic and excellent and exceptional and exemplary... I'll stop now."

and ever so effervescent! :)

Maria (mariamino) | 472 comments Don't faint, please!

Half of them are short books. The others are really easy reads-- I've got two plays, 9 short story collections (fairy tales), 14 children's books, and then there's one entertaining travel account/love story, one classic my mom read to me ages ago, and then one memoir which I highly doubt I'll actually be able to read. So everything should be pretty relaxing if I don't get restless.

I'll be reading all day on the 16th (mostly, I'll hopefully get to meet with a friend in the airport). We also get 4 extra hours that day, and it's the airport, which means I'll be reading. On the 11th and 15th my brother has plans to sit and use the internet, so I'll have those days too. It's all doable... I hope.

You're totally right, Mikki!

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5776 comments Mikki wrote: "Maria wrote: "Usually it stands for electronic and excellent and exceptional and exemplary... I'll stop now."

and ever so effervescent! :)"

Good one, Mikki!

Nothing short of impressive, Maria. Have I told you recently that its good to see a young person who likes to read?

Joe | 70 comments Joe is in! This is my first tbr - I'm excited!

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5776 comments Good to have you, Joe! Jump right in. we're a friendly bunch. :-)

message 56: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 10888 comments Joe wrote: "Joe is in! This is my first tbr - I'm excited!"

Welcome to You'll Love This One. Joining a TBR Toppler is a great way to get acquainted with everyone as there is a lot of kibitzing and bantering going on.

Maria (mariamino) | 472 comments Not recently, but I do think you told me at the beginning that you were glad I liked loved reading.

Welcome, Joe! I think you're the first guy in a toppler so far? (Correct me if I'm wrong, ladies). I'm Maria, 17, love reading, and I'm currently traveling for 15 months with my family, so if you hear me moaning about so-and-so random location, that's why. XD

Amber | 580 comments I'm joining the Topplers!

Joe | 70 comments This will be a challenge for me since I have a 2 mo old. I'll just be reading out loud to him a lot!

message 60: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 10888 comments Joe wrote: "This will be a challenge for me since I have a 2 mo old. I'll just be reading out loud to him a lot!"

Get him into books from an early age! Yeah!

message 61: by Kat, Moderator (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2024 comments Awesome Amber & Joe :-D

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5776 comments Amber wrote: "I'm joining the Topplers!"

Cool, Amber!

Way to start 'em young, Joe.

Mikki Joe wrote: "This will be a challenge for me since I have a 2 mo old. I'll just be reading out loud to him a lot!"

That's great, Joe.

Maria (mariamino) | 472 comments Nice, Joe! He'll definitely learn to love reading!

Lisa (LisaSpoot) Toppler here! I'll be reading something old: The Great Gatsby

Mikki Lisa wrote: "Toppler here! I'll be reading something old: The Great Gatsby"

That's a great choice, Lisa. I read it in JHS, but never added it to GR because I felt that the book required a reread for it to truly count as most of it was lost on me at the time. It's a book that I need to revisit.

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5776 comments I'm reading it during the Toppler, too, Lisa. Good choice!

Tajma Am I too late to pick this team, Judy? Puppy has been keeping me busy but I'm ready to tackle my shelves!!

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5776 comments Tajma wrote: "Am I too late to pick this team, Judy? Puppy has been keeping me busy but I'm ready to tackle my shelves!!"

Not in the least, Tajma! You will be a fun addition. Now to teach Puppy to read....Oh, but you could read to Puppy...?

Ciara Garrett | 9 comments Ciara :)

message 71: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 10888 comments Ciara wrote: "Ciara :)"

Yeah!

Ciara Garrett | 9 comments I wanna join this team :)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5776 comments Welcome, Ciara. The Topplers can use your help toppling TBRs. :-)

Gastoryteller | 17 comments I'm in- topplers are tops! Gastoryteller

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5776 comments Gastoryteller wrote: "I'm in- topplers are tops! Gastoryteller"

All right, Gastoryteller. Glad to have you!

Amanda | 213 comments Hello everyone! I'm here to help topple those tipplers!

Cheryl in CC NV (cherylllr) Welcome all! We're sure shaping up a champion team here!

Maria (mariamino) | 472 comments So are the teams still equal? I give up trying to figure it out.

OH... also.

June 16th we will be in the airport. June 17th we should reach Johannesburg. I'll try to access internet to tell you guys how the toppler went, but if I can't, the next time I'll be able to will be in July, as June-July we'll be in... Madagascar. I'll really push to get all the points out on the 17th, though, as I want to see who won. XD

Jane in SC (JaneReads) Jane is in.

message 80: by Kat, Moderator (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2024 comments Yeah Let's Go Topplers! I've got my book list, and a few extras ready to go!

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5776 comments Woohoo! 2 more Topplers with Amanda and Jane. I'll get you all on the list.

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5776 comments Toppler time is counting down....

I see Kat is ready to read!

message 84: by Kat, Moderator (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2024 comments I am indeedy. Just need to finish off a couple of books I'm already reading to get that slate nice and shiny and clean!

Jane in SC (JaneReads) I am in training - lol!

[image error]

Mikki I've got all of my books ready to go!

message 87: by Kat, Moderator (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2024 comments Will have to go shopping in the morning and stock up on tea!

Maria (mariamino) | 472 comments Just... 14 more hours? Or something.

Lots of last-minute writing (want to reach 50,000 words in this novel, hopefully 60,000 by Tuesday... I'm at 44,000), trying to finish my James Joyce book (lovely, I just can't sit myself down for it. I need a timer and some peace and quiet with no moving landscape).

Kate Z (kgordon3) | 154 comments Sorry, where is the reporting thread?

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5776 comments Here it is, Kate:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

Here is the link to the discussion thread if you want to join in the discussion fun.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

« previous 1 2 next »

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread