The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie question

Flavia de Luce TV series
Alan Bradley Alan May 13, 2012 04:15AM
Flavia's fans will be happy to know that the Flavia de Luce mystery series have been optioned by director Sam (American Beauty) Mendes.

Details may be viewed at:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118...

and at:

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/in...

I love Flavia! I would like to see a TV series featuring her.

I just pray they'll get the chemistry as right and sharp as Flavia always does!

That's great news! Will we get to see the series in the US (maybe on BBC America)?

I hope it lasts longer than The Women's Number 1 Detective Agency!

Shirley (last edited Sep 26, 2012 04:13PM ) Sep 26, 2012 06:04AM   0 votes
I love Flavia!! She is one of my favorite characters. I would definitely watch the TV series.

Can't wait for the TV show. Love the first book and will be starting the next one shortly. Flavia is irresistible!

I love Flavia, but I probably wouldn't watch the series. :(

I'm so excited! I really like 'Call the Midwife' series, hopefully they can capture Flavia in all her glory.

I really enjoyed the first book!! She is a great character!

I was so skeptical until I read the article. Call the Midwife is one of my favorite television shows and it's good to know the Flavia adaptation will be in good hands!

Now, let's work on getting those future books out as quickly as possible, because waiting a whole year for a Flavia fix is killing me!

Flavia is one of my new favorite characters - movies or TV series - both would be great!

I AM FREAKING OUT!
I just read these and there will be a tv series based of it? I must figure out how to watch them!

I can't wait! I've been hoping for someone to make a movie out of this series ever since I read the first book. Flavia is definitely the new Nancy Drew.

I hope it comes out in DVD since I have no television. I could almost visualize the scenarios in my head while reading these books.

that would be amazing!!! i would totally watch it!!!

Brilliant! I only just now got into the series and am loving it. A TV series based on the work sounds fantastic. Can't wait.

I love the book series and would love a TV series as well!

That's great news! Would love to see Flavia, her sisters and Dogger come to life. I can't wait.

That would be so neat. Wonder who will play Flavia and better yet who would play Daisy and - okay my mind went blank - the other sister.
How embarrassing is that?

Eduardo Daphne, not Daphine
Jun 16, 2012 10:48PM
Amy I cant wait! Flavia is the new Nancy Drew...
Aug 31, 2012 09:01AM

I can't wait! This should be a fun series.

OH, that is amazing news!!!! I have a total admiration crush on Flavia and Gladys and the whole crazy family...I can't wait to see it made into a show :-)

a new author and a new series for me. I am a Flavia fan.

Kira (last edited Jan 09, 2014 11:39AM ) Jan 09, 2014 11:38AM   0 votes
Please air in the U.S too pleeeaassseee…. *fingers crossed*

what is the meaning of "Sweetness at the bottom of the Pie"?

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (other topics)