Love Inspired Books discussion

What are we going to do???

Comments (showing 1-32 of 32) (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (last edited May 11, 2012 01:50PM) (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
It seems like it's season finale week for all of my shows... now what will I do while I fold laundry?

Are there any summer shows you're looking forward to? What shows are you sad to see take a break?

I watch...
-Once Upon A Time
-Revenge
-The Good Wife
-Castle
-Fairly Legal (which just started back up, so that one will be around)

Um, yeah, that's it, I think. Wow, I watch a lot of twisted shows...

Dream

message 2: by Judy (last edited May 11, 2012 01:52PM) (new)

Judy I only watch two shows: Once Upon a Time- which hubby actually watches with me. And Castle. I'll just have to read I guess. Hubby really enjoys Revenge but I didn't get into because I have to many books to read.

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments We are going to finally get Once Upon a Time this week.
I haven't watched Revenge but seen bits of it.
I guess it also means NCIS, NCIS LA and Hawaii 5-0 will be on break soon we get them soon after you do. (although they tend to repeat them so much it drives me mad).

Dream maybe you can read.

message 4: by Deb (new)

Deb Kastner (DebKastner) | 8 comments Once Upon a Time and Smash. I'm so sad!!

message 5: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 21 comments We watch too many: Once Upon A Time, NCIS, Castle, Unforgettable, Mentalist, Person of Interest . . . What can I say; I like to watch them catch the bad guy. We don't watch anything live though. That saves time. I still read about 80 - 100 books a year.

message 6: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 36 comments I like to watch the NCIS programs but dont watch too many others, did you see the Time travel wife last night-I wanted to watch that and forgot the time...I had seen it once and it was very good movie.

message 7: by Lynsay (new)

Lynsay | 14 comments Castle, Bones, New Girl, Glee, Once Upon A Time, The Finder, and Criminal Minds. Can't forget House, which will be completely over. I hate having to wait til fall to watch them again.

I do have one summer show that I watch - The Glades, which thankfully starts next month.

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (KathyEberly) | 33 comments I watched NCIS for the first time in a long time last night and it was season finale night. My hubby and I are big sports fans so I guess we will be watching baseball all summer while we wait to sort out the fall out at NCIS.

message 9: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) This is the first year that I have not watched tons of shows. We watch American Idol, America's Got Talent, Revenge, Grey's Anatomy and Missing. This year kind of stunk for new series, IMO!

Has anyone heard of any good series for the summer? We have resorted to Netflix and have started Brothers and Sisters and are enjoying it!

message 10: by Deb (new)

Deb Kastner (DebKastner) | 8 comments I just wanted to remind everyone that I have a Goodreads giveaway going on right now for one of five copies of The Nanny's Twin Blessings. I hope you'll enter!
http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

message 11: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 21 comments I forgot a really good one. It was new this year. Is anyone else watching Touch? That one has captured my heart. I love how everything is so interconnected.

message 12: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) I honestly tried watching Touch, did 4 episodes of it. We were getting annoyed because Kiefer's character was always saying "I don't know what you want" and "Where are you going?" and chasing after him. We had to stop! I was hoping it was going to be really good after he did 24 but we were readlly disappointed! :(

message 13: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (LynCote) | 218 comments I watch Once Upon a Time and Castle. I wish I could write bestsellers without ever writing like he does! :-) (But I love the show.)

message 14: by Beth - ;) (new)

Beth - ;) (Trekkerbeth) | 22 comments Love Inspired wrote: "It seems like it's season finale week for all of my shows... now what will I do while I fold laundry?

Blue Jays baseball. What can I say? From April until September, and hopefully into October, that is what I watch. All other shows are PVR'd and watched when baseball is having an off day or a day game. I watch the CSIs, both NCIS, Hawaii 5-0-, Body of Proof, Unforgettable (cancelled now) and Person of Interest. I still have two of each NCIS yet to watch, as well as five PofI, a CSI:NY and a Hawaii 5-0. They will take me a few weeks probably to finish. And I also watch Jeopardy every night after the ball game.

message 15: by Patty (new)

Patty Hall | 9 comments During the summer, my husband and I pick a series we've never seen before and watch it on Netflix. But last week, we started watching Downton Abbey--I know, I was absolutely amazed my football-loving husband would want to watch that, but he loves it! We're also watching a BBC series, Land Girls.

And Storage Wars and Pawn Stars starts back up this week so we'll be catching that on our DVR.

But mostly, I'll be reading--I have a TBR pile that could reach to the top of the Empire State Building!

message 16: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Never got into Downton Abbey. we start series 2 here tonight but not really interested.

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 15 comments We watch the national newscasts on ABC and NBC, and we like Lawrence Welk too. He watches the military channels a lot, and sometimes we watch astronomy shows. But I would rather spend more time on the computer :)

message 18: by Love Inspired (new)

LOL Sharon! I love that!

I forgot that one of my shows is coming back... Drop Dead Diva! Love that show! Jane is one of my favorite characters... she's so fun and witty.

Dream

message 19: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (goodreadscomsandraardoin) | 29 comments I will so miss Once Upon A Time and NCIS (both of the latter). I also like Heartland, Fringe (I know--weird), Person of Interest.

We've recently started Netflix, too, so I'll be watching a few movies. Mostly, I'll read at night.

Maybe it's a good time to actually get caught up on housework? Hmmm.... No way.

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (welachild) | 1 comments I really like Drop Dead Diva on lifetime. The first couple seasons are on Netflix and the new season starts this Sunday (I think).

message 21: by Debra (new)

Debra Ullrick | 7 comments hey, hey, Castle is NOT twisted. hehe I love that show!!!!

Love Inspired wrote: "It seems like it's season finale week for all of my shows... now what will I do while I fold laundry?

Are there any summer shows you're looking forward to? What shows are you sad to see take a bre..."

message 22: by Love Inspired (new)

Oh I forgot about Drop Dead Diva! Love that show! So glad it's finally back. Did you see the new epi?? It was a happy/sad one, I think.

Dream

message 23: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Has anyone else seen the preview for Saving Hope on NBC? It premiers tomorrow night at 9 pm EST. Will you try it? I will!

message 24: by Love Inspired (new)

Diane, I haven't seen it. What's it about?

Dream

message 25: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I have seen adds and it seems a little not me to me.
We are getting once upon a time now which I really like.

message 26: by Love Inspired (new)

Jenny, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Once Upon a Time. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next season.

Dream

message 27: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Love Inspired wrote: "Diane, I haven't seen it. What's it about?

Dream"

Here's a link to the summary from TV Guide:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Saving-Ho...

Not like there is anything else on right now! Thank goodness for Netflix! :)

message 28: by Love Inspired (new)

Sounds interesting. I'm not fond of medical stories, though, so I probably won't watch it. It kind of reminds me of Drop Dead Diva, only in that one, the character goes back in someone else's body, and it's fun to see that develop.

Dream

message 29: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Dream,
I am liking it its different and good. this week we add cinderella to the mix.

whoops i was thinking of raising hope not saving hope.

message 30: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) OMG, I watched Saving Hope last night. IMO, I thought it stunk! It was too slow and I think it may have been better if they developed the characters and their relationships together first before putting him in a coma. This show is not for me! Did anyone else try it?

message 31: by Love Inspired (new)

So glad I didn't try Saving Hope then... Everything I've heard online via my friends is a big thumbs down. :(

message 32: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (MargaretDaley) | 44 comments I taped it but haven't watched Saving Hope yet. I will say I'm enjoying Awake that I taped and am just getting to watch them. Great storyline--different and intriguing.

unread topics | mark unread