Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

THE ENDING!!!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 78) (78 new)    post a comment »

Ellie I had the chills when I finished this book. And the feeling that the book wasn't over. I am sooooo upset because I want to read the third one SO BAD! Does anyone else get that feeling? I feel like I just finished a chapter and there is more to read but theres not! ugggh! Any thoughts???

Emily I know. Totally. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the ending. Awesome way to leave us hanging.

message 3: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy I thought the ending was prefect! It was such a relief to see that all Tris's work payed off and Tobias forgave her with a kiss. The last line leaves you with many questions. I CAN'T wait for Divergent #3!!!!!!

Laury Ellie wrote: "I had the chills when I finished this book. And the feeling that the book wasn't over. I am sooooo upset because I want to read the third one SO BAD! Does anyone else get that feeling? I feel like ..."

omg that's exactly how I felt... I can not way for book 3.

Ellie I know! I feel like it was a ggrreeaat ending!!! BUT I HAVE SOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!! SOO MANNY!!!! :D

message 6: by MaL (new) - rated it 5 stars

MaL I loved it!! I would have been so mad if Tris and Four separated!! Im so glad with how it ended!! I wish i could pick up the third one now!! Whats on the outside?!

Regan ♥ The ending was so asdhjaskljdaslk great. Took me a while to get it though, haha.

message 8: by Sophia (new) - added it

Sophia Slane i cant wait ofr the next book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy The ending left the biggest cliffhanger I've ever read. The last few pages just went so fast that when I got to the last few sentences and I read.... EDITH PRIOR! I'm unbelievably excited for the conclusion to the trilogy. I bet the last one will be called BELLIGERENT. Does anyone else think that?

Sadaf The ending was....i don't think i have words appropriate enough to describe it! How can Veronica Roth make us wait a year and a half for the next one!? How are we supposed to wait that long!

message 11: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I had to re-read the ending just to make sure I got it all. And, now having to wait is killing me!!!

Chelsea Pruitt I thought the ending was great!! Did not see that coming! Super excited for the third book!!!

Chris I thought the ending was great! Made me stop and think about it.

Ellie Chris wrote: "I thought the ending was great! Made me stop and think about it."

Definitly.

Shannon I intensely loved the ending... Way to go Veronica Roth! I am totally a fan.

message 16: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate TheGreat When I read it, I flipped to the next page and nothing. I was so angry I thought I was going to turn green and gain some purple cutt off shorts. I scrambled to my computer to find out if there will be another book. I found it to be true and I calmed. I aslo found out I have to wait for over more than a year, so I still harbor some anger. What can I say? I'm an angry kind of person

Vibhuti it was an awesome way to end the book with a cliffhanger! i LOVED it! i almost had chills running up my spine, it was just THAT good. cant believe we have to wait for a year for the next book :'(

Shannon Ewing NONE of you saw that coming? Perhaps I've read too many books, but about half way through Divergent I had a feeling that the City was a controlled experiment of some sort. There's this little movie called The Village, ever heard of it? Any whoo... Just because I was expecting the big "Reveal" didn't mean I didn't love the book, because I did. I cannot wait to read the next one, but I think Divergent will still be my favorite.

message 19: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Shannon wrote: "NONE of you saw that coming? Perhaps I've read too many books, but about half way through Divergent I had a feeling that the City was a controlled experiment of some sort. There's this little mov..."

Me too! I was thinking of that and a book called Running out of Time that had the same premise.

Sachi God save us all. I mean really, I need to know SOMETHING about the next book!! Title, cover, anything!!! The book was a real cliffhanger, and the world will end if i dont't get my hands on the next book!!

Stephanie Pangan Shannon wrote: "NONE of you saw that coming? Perhaps I've read too many books, but about half way through Divergent I had a feeling that the City was a controlled experiment of some sort. There's this little mov..."

Half way through the book I saw it coming too! It reminded me of The Truman Show too a bit. (lol) How everything is controlled until he figures it all out little by little. However, I didn't expect it to be one of Tris' family members..

Also, I wish that Janine's death wasn't done so quickly. I thought, "Aw man, that's it!?" (lol) But glad she's finally gone!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Freaking jumped up to read the last pages I could not sit down for it!! The reveal was epic and I so did not see that coming!!!I mean wow! and when she says "My name will be Edith Prior,"...you could have knocked me over with a feather.
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and yes I am pissed I have to wait:(

message 23: by Christina (new)

Christina I wasn't as happy with the second book, especially when tris didn't care about herself and Tobias was like stop being stupid or were over. But I still am eagerly waiting for the third book and am glad Veronica is taking her time on this one! I thing the book should be called URGENT

message 24: by Christina (last edited Aug 07, 2012 07:47AM) (new)

Christina Did none else suspect Jeanine was Tris's aunt? Although I think they disproved it and hinted more at she was close friends or girlfriend to Tris's dad. (when he was in erudite) I did suspect that somthing fishy was oing on with the fence keeping them in instead of others out, or maybe amity was in on it, they were way to happy, or maybe just because thier bread was drugged. I did though totally see that the faction less were using the dauntless just like erudite.

Ellie Christina wrote: "I wasn't as happy with the second book, especially when tris didn't care about herself and Tobias was like stop being stupid or were over. But I still am eagerly waiting for the third book and am ..."

Brilliant name!!!!
"Urgent"
The futures fast approaching.. and moving forward is her only option..
Ilike it!
I defiantly love love LOVE this series, and I got a shiver reading these books. I have read Divergent and Insurgent three times, adn I love evry page. Its like I am reading it for the first time!!!!!! Can't wait
Takes time for perfection I know, but OMG, I don't want to wait!!!

message 26: by Christina (new)

Christina Sadaf wrote: "The ending was....i don't think i have words appropriate enough to describe it! How can Veronica Roth make us wait a year and a half for the next one!? How are we supposed to wait that long!"

At least she will take her time on this one, the second was way not as good as the first.

message 27: by TAMA (new) - rated it 5 stars

TAMA OMG I love this book the ending was super great !! , I can’t wait for the next book .. I want to read the third book now , I don’t want to wait :( .

Ellie TAMA wrote: "OMG I love this book the ending was super great !! , I can’t wait for the next book .. I want to read the third book now , I don’t want to wait :( ."

Same!!!

Ellie Can someone tell me when the 3rd book is due to be released?

Cameron Goodman The third book comes out sometime next year that's what the author wrote she also said that if it doesn't come out next year then it comes out 2014 because she needs more time to work...I'm only repeating what she said that's all I know...

Kristin Sorry, but I DID NOT LIKE THE BOOK.

It's not that it was bad, it is just that I expected every twist and turn. Maybe I read too much because I felt like this story line was played out.

Has anyone read The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner ?

message 32: by Christina (last edited Aug 08, 2012 05:44PM) (new)

Christina Kristin wrote: "Sorry, but I DID NOT LIKE THE BOOK.

It's not that it was bad, it is just that I expected every twist and turn. Maybe I read too much because I felt like this story line was played out.

Has anyone..."

I know! Veronica spent so much time on Divergent polishing it and playing on different carecter relationships, and I think she wrote insurgent too quick. Divergent has this energy, I could never put it down! But I'm sad to say insurgent was nothing like that :(

P.S. even though I suspected much that happens In insurgent I have too say Veronica surprised me when lynn confesses to having a crush on Marlene and that Uriah was divergent I kinda wish she had hinted at this more though...... And DID ANYONE ELSE THINK JENINE WAS TRIS'S AUNT???

Olivia Oh my goodness! The ending made me throw the book at my wall. (not usually violent towards literature) but that ending was so good!!! I don't think it couldn't have ended on a better cliffhanger!!!!! Oh, Veronica Roth, you cruel, talented person... now I have to wait a year to see what happens.

Mockingjay OMG!! I couldn't believe it! Way to leave us hanging!! I had to read the last few pages over and over again for my eyes to believe what was happening!

Ellie Unbeilievable.. Ilove Divergent and Insurgent, best books EVER!!!
Make my life..totally would be lsot without themm..
(does that make me sound a little sad?)
Brilliant cliffhanger, can't wait for next book!

Lauren Ok, can someone explain it to me?

(I've read the book, so I don't care about spoilers, but I just got confused.)

Was Edith Prior someone they were looking for, did they know who she was?

Or was she just someone they discovered in the last chapter?

message 37: by Christina (new)

Christina Lauren wrote: "Ok, can someone explain it to me?

Was Edith Prior someone they were looking for, did they know who she was?

Or was ..."

Edith prior seems to be one of the people who started the experiment, but decided to become part of it. Her last name is prior so it seems she is related to tris. I'm not sure if prior was Tris's mothers or fathers last name, but if it was her mothers, I remember that her mothers mother was head of dauntless at one point. So depending on how long they have truly lived behind the gates Edith prior might just have been the head of dauntless.

Gator Girl Christina wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Ok, can someone explain it to me?

Was Edith Prior someone they were looking for, did they know who sh..."

Christina wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Ok, can someone explain it to me?

Was Edith Prior someone they were looking for, did they know who sh..."

My first thought was that Edith Prior is Tris' grandmother. Tris says that she looks familiar, like she should know her. And Christina's response brought back to me the statement in the book where it's explained how couples choose their last name. They either take the man's or the woman's OR they choose a new one together. I think that is an interesting clue as to who this Edith Prior is to Tris.

message 39: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo I wish the next book was here NOW! I loved the ending, perfect, but I just wan tot keep reading. What's next?? I mean there are so many questions and I can't wait for Veronica to suprise me again! <3

Ellie Jo wrote: "I wish the next book was here NOW! I loved the ending, perfect, but I just wan tot keep reading. What's next?? I mean there are so many questions and I can't wait for Veronica to suprise me again! <3"

Same!! ALL HAIL DIVERGENT!!! <4

Joanna Morris I absolutely love this series! I am on pins and needles waiting for the next one. I think Ms. Roth has done such an excellent job with these characters. In my opinion, this is up there with The Hunger Games and that is a huge compliment!

Ellie Joanna wrote: "I absolutely love this series! I am on pins and needles waiting for the next one. I think Ms. Roth has done such an excellent job with these characters. In my opinion, this is up there with The Hun..."

Yes!!!

Madison Kristin wrote: "Sorry, but I DID NOT LIKE THE BOOK.

Has anyone..."

To your question yes I have read the maze runner and I am currently reading the second one.

Eva Rose I feel that the strongest part of this book where its main characters, Tris and Tobias, they developed quite well and Roth gave them depth in this book but the ending was a bit weak. I think ending the book with the revelation of the truth Tris had sacrifice so much for would have been better but it really did not make me want the sequel any less.

Anybody here think that maybe, if Roth plays it right, that there could be room for a fourth book?

Madison Nina Rose wrote: "I feel that the strongest part of this book where its main characters, Tris and Tobias, they developed quite well and Roth gave them depth in this book but the ending was a bit weak. I think ending..."

I think that there could very well be a fourth book. Who knows what Roth has in her head she might think of something new. Personally I'm not sure if I want a fourth one unless the third is fast and abrupt then I'll want a fourth but yes it's possible

message 46: by Christina (new)

Christina I always had this feeling that jenine was Tris's aunt, will someone explain it to me? Im not sure if they disproved it.....

message 47: by Christina (new)

Christina I do not know how to contact Veronica, can someone suggest that she call the third book urgent? (if she does name the book urgent I would be grateful for a shout out, although there is already a character named after me (:

Amy (Foxy) Is it Fall 2013 that we have to wait for her third book??? I sure hope not.

I just assumed Edith was her mother.

message 49: by Eva Rose (last edited Aug 14, 2012 06:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eva Rose Madison wrote: "I think that there could very well be a fourth book. Who knows what Roth has in her head she might think of something new. Personally I'm not sure if I want a fourth one unless the third is fast and abrupt then I'll want a fourth but yes it's possible"

I guess it all depends on how she writes the next one and the revelation of the truth.

Christina wrote: "I do not know how to contact Veronica, can someone suggest that she call the third book urgent? (if she does name the book urgent I would be grateful for a shout out, although there is already a ch..."

She really hasn't named it yet but she did latched on the spoof going around that is calling the third book Detergent. She actually laughed at that. XDD

Amy wrote;"Amy Is it Fall 2013 that we have to wait for her third book??? I sure hope not.

I just assumed Edith was her mother. "

Yeah, the date is most definitely set in stone because Roth has said that she is carefully outlining the plot and writing everything.

I think Edith might be her Great-grandmother more like or maybe a more distant ancestor.

Avani The plot twist reminded me of City of Ember!

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Insurgent (other topics)
The Maze Runner (other topics)