Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay question

Why do you think Katniss killed Coin?
Anna Anna May 09, 2012 09:27AM
Because I was surprised and a little confused.

Mark (last edited Jun 12, 2012 12:16AM ) Jun 12, 2012 12:16AM   3 votes
Three reasons

Revenge, because she blamed Coin for Prim's death.

Hate, when she realised Coin might bee no better than Snow.

Fear, not for herself but for others once Coin mentioned another Hunger Games.

I think that apart from recognizing that she was just as evil as snow, Katniss also gave her the fault for Prim's death and acted out of anger..

When Coin initiated the 76th Hunger Games, Katniss knew that nothing had really changed. Snow, it was obvious from his condition, was dying, so killing him was not fulfilling and she knew what he had said about Coin was all true. Coin had orchestrated the deaths of those she loved, and she new under Coin's new rule, many more including herself were destined to die. She killed Coin to "Give Peace A Chance".

I think, Coin was the one who sent Prim to the bombing site. And she realized that Coin was no better than Snow , she just wanted power too.

Firstly, because I don't think Katniss really wanted another Hunger Games, and secondly, because she never really liked Pres. Coin and she would probably just turn into a Pres. Snow.

THIS BOOK IS STUPID!

Meg Me, too!! He's like my favorite character!! It took me forever to realize he was dead, though. Probably missed stuff while skimming because the book w...more
Jun 19, 2012 11:48AM

Coin was just a female version of Snow!
She just wanted control over Panem......she really was no better than Snow.

Besides, Snow was dying anyway......I would have done the same thing.
I just wish Katniss killed her sooner!
Maybe Prim would've still been alive.

I think Katniss knew Coin was just as bad as Snow, and she only had 1 arrow. She knew Snow would die because of the state of his health but Coin was healthy and powerful and she knew she had to be stopped.

i hated coin since the beginning

I think that she killed Coin because she realized she was taking advantage of her and also wanted to take over panem. She wanted katniss to die. She was just using her.

It made sense for Katniss to kill Coin. Katniss realized that Coin was responsible for making Prim be at the bombing site, and knew that Coin had approved of the bombing site. Between that and Coin wanting another Hunger Games and wanting to rule Panem, Katniss saw that the best thing for her to do would be to kill Coin. No one else would think to do it, and she could see Snow was dying. I don't really approve of murder, but for the book, the way that scenario plays out made perfect sense to me.

Chacy (last edited May 10, 2012 03:51AM ) May 10, 2012 03:50AM   0 votes
Because Katniss discovered that Coin is having an affair with Peeta xD but that would be too unlikely :))

but actually, She killed Coin because after her little chitchat with Snow, she realized that Coin was actually the one responsible for Prim's death.

TO MAKE A GOOD BOOK!

Too stop there from being another Hunger Games, I think she relized that Coin had a agenda just as bad as Snow. If coin didnt die i dont think it would have gotten better

Because she's narcissistic and thinks that she should decide who lives and dies and who controls the country. Her feelings and her sister are more important than anyone else's, so she kills someone who upset her like all rational people do. Katniss is a murderer with well-connected friends who gets away with it because she's famous, which is a great message to send to kids and teens.

M_25x33
Jerry Sorry - your thinking is very shallow here. Katniss performed a service to humanity - this was an assassination and Katniss was willing to die over it...more
Jul 12, 2012 02:58AM

Check out my Hunger Games discussion, I'd love to hear your thoughts! and add me as a friend if you love the Hunger Games or Harry Potter :)

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Mockingjay (other topics)