Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Search for awards doesn't work correct

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renske (new)

Renske | 85 comments The search function for the awards seems to have become sensitive for the use of capitals. I think that is really not practical, when it makes a difference if you search for 'book' or 'Book'.

message 2: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Renske wrote: "The search function for the awards seems to have become sensitive for the use of capitals. I think that is really not practical, when it makes a difference if you search for 'book' or 'Book'."

That's definitely a bug. I'll report it for you.

message 3: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (vnorthw) | 803 comments I mentioned here that I was having the same problem with an X in an ISBN having to be capitalized.

Could be related.

message 4: by Carin (new)

Carin | 1 comments I have not been able to get the search function to bring back a result except when using the entire name of the award. It won't give me any results with a partial name (or keyword).

message 5: by Renske (new)

Renske | 85 comments As this problem is not yet solved, is there something known how long it will take?

Carin wrote: "I have not been able to get the search function to bring back a result except when using the entire name of the award. It won't give me any results with a partial name (or keyword)."

I have no problems with searching with a part of an award name, as long the capitals are correct.

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris (chrisnolanca) | 9 comments Just came across this myself. Tried

http://www.goodreads.com/award?utf8=%...

and couldn't come up with anything.

Did try http://www.goodreads.com/award?utf8=%...

Did return what I was looking for.

message 7: by Renske (new)

Renske | 85 comments As it now 5 months since this problem started, is there anything known about solving the problem?

unread topics | mark unread