Idle Hands-Crafts and Readers discussion

BOOKS/READING > Books -- When Fiction Meets Crafting

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.A.-It's a copyright • Not your right to copy. (last edited May 06, 2012 02:35PM) (new)

D.A.-It's a copyright • Not your right to copy. (Mourning-book-catalog) Anyone reading some of the series that combine crafting and fiction? There are a lot of series out there. If you want to start a discussion, let me or Susan know and we'll create a discussion folder and mark your book as one group is currently reading.

Notably Crewel World (A Needlecraft Mystery, #1) by Monica Ferris, The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) by Debbie Macomber and I know I found several mystery/crime-series that talked about knitting/knitters, etc. Feel free to discuss here and add books to http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh... (if link goofy, just go over to the righthand menu choices and to this group's "bookshelf" and then the shelf for "fiction-meets-crafting")

message 2: by Susan, Moderator, Reader, and Multi-Crafts (new)

Susan | 37 comments Mod
Love Scrapbooking and there is a great series by Laura Childs-I added it to our shelves! :)

D.A.-It's a copyright • Not your right to copy. (Mourning-book-catalog) Ran across someone else's list of fictional knitting books (not adding all to our group bookshelf as not necessarily familiar with books listed): http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/53...

message 4: by Courtney, crochet, scarpbook, and willing to try anything at least once! (new)

Courtney | 31 comments Mod
I am currently reading Hooked on Murder by Betty Hechtmanby Betty Hechtman. I also know Maggie Sefton does a series on Knitting and Murder. I have a lot of cozy mysteries on my bookshelf that have crafting and fiction combined

Teresa Scott | 10 comments Mod
I love the Maggie Sefton knitting series. I have also read the series by Monica Ferris and Debbie Macomber. The crochet series is also interesting.

Melannie | 5 comments I too recently became a Maggie Sefton fan but I just finished reading Barbara Bretton's Spells and Stitches. Seems like I have the habit of jumping into a series then back tracking....

D.A.-It's a copyright • Not your right to copy. (Mourning-book-catalog) Do feel free to add those to group bookshelf...anything marked "currently reading" shows on group home page. (That's perfectly okay to do, too; with everyone into so many different crafts the group doesn't do the traditional book of the month thing so you aren't overwriting a "September" or "October" read kind of thing -- we'd just as soon see a variety.)

Katherine Stoelwinder (kittybean) | 1 comments I'm currently reading Sora' s Quest by T.L. Shreffler and I am considering knitting the shawl mentioned in the story. I love knitting, and can't keep my hands still!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Crewel World (other topics)
The Shop on Blossom Street (other topics)
Hooked on Murder (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Betty Hechtman (other topics)