Q&A with Sherry Gammon discussion

Unlovable (Port Fare, #1)
This topic is about Unlovable
SPOILERS! What are MUST HAVE scenes for movie

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sherry Gammon (SherryGammon) | 93 comments Mod
Okay. Sara (my screenwriter/director) wants to know what I see as MUST have scenes in the movie. For me they are scenes between Maggie and her mom.
1. Fight between them where Maggie learns about how she was conceived.
2. The scene in the hospital as the mom dies.
3. The scene in the trailer after the funeral.

So what do you see as MUST-have scenes? I'm going to post this on FB too and see what everyone thinks. I want this to be a good movie so lets get some ideas together. Of course, no one can guarantee they will be in the movie, but we can try, right? Let me know what you think.
Thanks!

message 2: by CJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

CJ | 3 comments Well besides the ones you already have:
1.the park scene where maggie and seth kiss for the first time. (that is probably a given! lol)
2. the closet scene: where the kids make maggie and seth hide in there and want them to kiss)
3. the scene where whats her face (lol sorry drawing a blank on names since its been awhile since i last read it) calls seth and maggie answers and says he isn,t available. I laughed so hard on this part.
4. the scene where seth and booker talk about which body part that cole has a band aid on.

Just please no Miley Cyrus or Kristen Stewart in the movie! lol

Amen on both Cyrus and Stewart! Neither can act IMHO

Jessica | 33 comments Hahaha! That's so funny! I totally agree with that!
And I agree with all the ones mentioned.
I want some of the really funny scenes between Maggie and Booker (and there are many of them). Like when he tries to give her a ride home but she refuses to get into the car so he threatens to arrest her. Or when she finds the hundred dollar bill on fluffy and tries to get Booker to give it back to Seth, but he totally plays dumb...

There's just so many of them. I wish we could just put the whole book in there, but sadly you can't. I'm just glad that she's asking you what you would like in it. So it seems like your going to have a lot more say in what goes on.

I believe so(me having say). Sara wants me to review the first draft and give her input so that sounds promising. Sara has been wonderful to work with. There were some things for me that were important, like no F-bombs and she was very good about saying Okay. I know people use the f-bomb all the time, but I really don't want them in my movie/books. Silly I know, but she has been very accommodating. I really like working with her so far, so I'm hoping this goes well!!
Good scenes Jessica(And awesome profile pic;}
I really want to thank you all for your support! Your friendship means the world to me. I am working on book two, I'm just worried about disappointing you so I'm being careful. Book one was a HUGE emotional journey for Maggie, and book two, not as much just by it's nature. It a different story. But I want it to be strong and enjoyable!
Thanks! Keep the ideas coming!

Jessica | 33 comments Lol thanks! I quite like it as well.
I totally agree with the no F-bomb thing. I absolutely hate that word!
That's awesome that she wants you to read the first draft. It really sounds like she wants to give the book justice with this movie.

Jenny (JenJen88) | 22 comments oooh! I agree with Jessica about everything but mainly there being to many scenes to choose from. Although I wouldn't mind it being long at all. :)
i think also the seen where she runs in the snow to seth's house, but i'm sure that's probably a part of the mom fight scenes. and that's great you get a say. I feel that the author should very involved to keep the flow of the main story and not loose anything important.
There is some books that have turned into movies (*cough twilight *cough lol)that i think they missed important scenes but kept scenes that in my opinion were not as important.
and yes ppplllleeeesssseee no Cyrus or Stewart or even Lily Collins (loved mirror mirror but wasn't so impressed by her sorry don't mean to be mean.)
ok yes im done lol

Agree with you on the whole twilight thing! Yuck! I've been thinking about Chloƫ Grace Moretz for Maggie. She's in the new Dark Shadows movie.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1631269/

message 9: by CJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

CJ | 3 comments Chole would be awesome! she is so cute and such a great actress.

Jenny (JenJen88) | 22 comments OMG your right and she's such a good actress i've loved her in all the movies she's in. although from the rolls i've seen her in this would be a very different roll for her and i have no doubt she would be great.

Lydia (Lydi2896) | 2 comments I think that Emily Browning from A Series of Unfortunate Events and the Uninvited should play Maggie because I think she's a really good actress and she's really pretty like Maggie is supposed to be. She was actually asked to play the role of Bella in Twilight but she turned it down because she had just finished another movie and she didn't like the way they were going to make it, which was a good choice considering. Anyway, that's my opinion.

Photos of Browning
1.)http://www.imdb.com/media/rm294306048... (girl on the left of the picture)
2.) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm364567193...

message 12: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy | 7 comments I think that the lunch shop scenes are important because it really developed Seth as a character and show you how other people (the old people who receive the lunches) view Maggie, Seth, and them both as a couple

message 13: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy | 7 comments and the scene where the kids push Maggie and Seth into the closet! that is a must

I agree about Emily Browning. I have mentioned her before on my blog. She would be a great Maggie!

Jessica | 33 comments I do love that scene where the kids push Maggie and Seth together!

me too;}

Carrie (Bears Read Too) (BearsReadToo) | 2 comments I don't want any scenes to be left out. I know that probably doesn't help much, but it's true! LOL

Y'know, I loved the Twilight books, but man you guys are so right about Stewart's acting. She's the same in every movie she makes. There's zero depth to her character ability... and Cyrus should stick to singing... or not.

Seriously though, I agree with all the scenes everyone has mentioned so far. I like the first kiss in the park with her and Seth; and heart-wrenching as it is, I think the scene where her mother dies and refuses to tell her she loves her is paramount. Beyond that, I don't see a bad scene in the book. I like them all. They shouldn't leave anything out. Especially any scene with Booker in it!

Carrie (Bears Read Too) (BearsReadToo) | 2 comments Oooh... and the scene where Maggie finally succumbs to her grief in her mother's bedroom and Seth, Booker and Cole are all there. Love that scene and after when each Cole and Booker tells her they love her too, not just Seth.

Yeah, okay, I'll shut up now. This could get lenghthier.

Agree Carrie. The emotionally charged scenes need to be in the movie. So far they are. Lets hope they don't get cut!

message 20: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy | 7 comments what point in the movie making process is unlovable in??

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok I want to know if there is a third book in the series when the movie is coming out and thank you so much author of this book for writing this book!!!!!

Katy wrote: "what point in the movie making process is unlovable in??"
Hi Katy, The script is done, the director told me she will start submitting it to actors soon. That's all I know. I do wish they'd hurry!

Miley wrote: "Ok I want to know if there is a third book in the series when the movie is coming out and thank you so much author of this book for writing this book!!!!!"
Thanks Miley! Yes there is a third book. I'm editing it now! No release date as of yet. As far as the movie goes, the script is done, the director told me she will start submitting it to actors soon...so now we wait!!!
:((

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

how far have you gotten with the script sending thing/editing unloveable?

Miley wrote: "how far have you gotten with the script sending thing/editing unloveable?"
The script is done. Now the director and her company are searching for actors.

unread topics | mark unread