Obsidian (Lux, #1) Obsidian discussion

Books With Characters Like Daemon?!?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 137) (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lucinda (last edited May 04, 2012 09:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucinda I absolutely love this book. Why, you may ask? Well, because (1) it is awesome and (2) it has Daemon!

Many books I have read have the strong, female lead (Katy), but it is not often that you find a truly arrogant character that gets under the female lead's skin (Daemon).

I have also read many books where the characters start off hating each other and then fall in love. I DON'T WANT A BOOK LIKE THAT! I'd prefer if the characters constantly and sarcastically argue throughout the whole book.

I would love recommendations for books with characters that are attracted to each other from the start and annoy each other during the whole story until they finally admit their love for each other.

It would be great if you can give me as many recommendations as you can for a book like I have described.

Thanks!

kpopfan Um the Mortal Instraments by Cassandra Clare is a good one.

Lucinda I've read those books and love them too!

I forgot to add some books that I've read like this...so here they are:

Blue Bloods (Mimi and Kingsley)
The Mortal Instruments
The Infernal Devices
Oh.My.Gods. (Phoebe and Griffin)
Hex Hall
Hush Hush Series
Epic Fail
Fallen Series

kpopfan Ooooh Hush,Hush is a really good one also, Love Patch.

message 5: by kpopfan (last edited May 04, 2012 11:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kpopfan Wait try Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles and also How to ruin a summer vaction by the same author. Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles, Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2) by Simone Elkeles, How to Ruin a Summer Vacation (How to Ruin, #1) by Simone Elkeles How to Ruin My Teenage Life (How to Ruin, #2) by Simone Elkeles How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation (How to Ruin, #3) by Simone Elkeles

(they are the same models on the book of Obsidian)
Enjoy them and hope I helped. :)

Lucinda Those look really good!

kpopfan Lol, your welcome and happy reading. :)

Sandra Bookfreak wrote: "Ooooh Hush,Hush is a really good one also, Love Patch."

YES! Patch is awesome!

Asma Saeed Lucinda wrote: "I've read those books and love them too!

I forgot to add some books that I've read like this...so here they are:

Blue Bloods (Mimi and Kingsley)
The Mortal Instruments
The Infernal Devices
Oh.My..."

LOVED EPIC FAIL!!!!

Lucinda Do you know any books like Epic Fail?

message 11: by Asma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Asma Saeed Lucinda wrote: "Do you know any books like Epic Fail?"

Pride and Prejudice:)) Other than that, I have been looking around Goodreads, and can't find anything:((

Lucinda Me neither!

message 13: by Asma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Asma Saeed Gosh, I wish it would be easier:"(

Lucinda Does anyone else have suggestions???

message 15: by Ayn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ayn You should read the Night World series :p
The second book has that kinda obnoxious but sweet guy in it.
and you would LOVE Vampire Academy,with the whole forbidden love thing. and Adrian...Adrian <3

Lucinda I've read those books too and love them! I read a lot hahaha

message 17: by Asma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Asma Saeed Jessica wrote: "You should read the Night World series :p
and you would LOVE Vampire Academy,with the whole forbidden love thing. and Adrian...Adrian <3"

I'm more of a Dimitri luvah:)) Tall, dark, and handsome:))

message 18: by Ayn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ayn Asma wrote: "Jessica wrote: "You should read the Night World series :p
and you would LOVE Vampire Academy,with the whole forbidden love thing. and A..."

Oh I was a Dimitri fan..Until I read Frostbite ;)

message 19: by Kristina (last edited May 15, 2012 02:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristina i have read all these books but none of them have a guy in there and the relationship like in obsidian. i just can't find a book with chemistry like that. i've looked everywhere. does anybody have anything that might interest me. but it can't be all lovey dovey either. i dont like that. it has to have something unexpected happening.thanks in advance.

message 20: by ewa (last edited May 15, 2012 02:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ewa Existence Trilogy by Glines, Abbi
Half-Blood by Armentrout, Jennifer L.

message 21: by kpopfan (last edited May 15, 2012 03:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kpopfan these books are like daemons character his name is Alex in the book its called perfect chemistry Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2) by Simone Elkeles
and in the second book its about Alex's brother Carlos. There both really good.

Tiffany Thanks for starting this thread Lucinda! After I read Obsidian I tried to find books that resembled Daemon and Katy's chemistry and was having a hard time coming up with anything. So thank you Lucinda! And thank you to everyone's suggestions!

Lucinda I'm glad that I'm not the only one benefitting from this! :)

TooManyFeelsToDeal Daemon is exactly like Jace from the mortal instruments, only he has black hair

Sandra AngelGirl wrote: "Daemon is exactly like Jace from the mortal instruments, only he has black hair"

your right they are both sarcastic but they care in their own weird way.

Amina Have you read Jenns other books?? Half blood series is AMAZING! It's a must read, especially if you loved this book.
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

There's also tempting the best man, which is also by Jennifers hut she goes by J.Lynn. Chase is like an older, human version of Daemon. In other words incredibly hot and sexy ;D It's an adult tho..
Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1) by J. Lynn

kpopfan Amina wrote: "Have you read Jenns other books?? Half blood series is AMAZING! It's a must read, especially if you loved this book.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling
Pure (Pure, #1) by Julianna Baggott

There's also tempting the best man, wh..."

Tempting the best man, Whos POV is it? Cause I might buy it.

Amina It shifts between Maddie, the heroine, and Chase :)
They are so amazing together!!
YOU HAVE TO BUY IT!!! It's amazing, I love it!! Jennifers recently announced shed do two more books in the series :D

kpopfan Amina wrote: "It shifts between Maddie, the heroine, and Chase :)
YOU HAVE TO BUY IT!!! It's amazing, I love it!! Jennifers recently announced shed do two more books in the series :D"

Cool, Thanks you! :)

Cassie Guest okay i personally believe that there is no other character like Daemon because lets face it.. hes a one of a kind

Amina Bookfreak wrote: "Amina wrote: "It shifts between Maddie, the heroine, and Chase :)
YOU HAVE TO BUY IT!!! It's amazing, I love it!! Jennifers recently announced shed do two more books ..."

Your welcome! Enjoy! :)

Amina Cassie wrote: "okay i personally believe that there is no other character like Daemon because lets face it.. hes a one of a kind"

True dat, but hey he still has competition, like Jace, and Seth ;)

kpopfan Amina wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Amina wrote: "It shifts between Maddie, the heroine, and Chase :)
YOU HAVE TO BUY IT!!! It's amazing, I love it!! Jennifers recently announced shed ..."

Lol, ok I bought it.... but Im too scared to start into it.... (I know Im wierd) :) I have to finish the current book Im reading first.

kpopfan Amina wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Amina wrote: "It shifts between Maddie, the heroine, and Chase :)
YOU HAVE TO BUY IT!!! It's amazing, I love it!! Jennifers recently announced shed ..."

OMG Is this the same Author that wrote Obsidian?? Is that her like pen name J.Lynn??

Amina LOL no your not weird, I get like that, BUT WITH THIS...YOU GOTTA READ IT NOOOW!!

And yup yup it is :D I know...*screams like a fangirl* hahaa!

kpopfan Amina wrote: "LOL no your not weird, I get like that, BUT WITH THIS...YOU GOTTA READ IT NOOOW!!

And yup yup it is :D I know...*screams like a fangirl* hahaa!"

lol I read it and OMG! Chase is like an older human Deamon! Lol I really liked Chase's middle brother Chad he was really funny. :)

Amina LOL right!? I LOVE him!! And SAME! Good news is that Jennifer is gonna write two more books with Chad and Chandlers story :) I can't wait!

message 38: by kpopfan (last edited Jul 07, 2012 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kpopfan Amina wrote: "LOL right!? I LOVE him!! And SAME! Good news is that Jennifer is gonna write two more books with Chad and Chandlers story :) I can't wait!"

Yay!! Can't wait I wanna see who Chad is going to crush on.. Hey did you notice how Jennifer has all there names by the same letter like in Obsidian, she has Ash, Adam, Andrew... Chase, Chad and Chandler... and same with Deamon,Dawson Dee.... How funny right??

Amina I was thinking the exact thing!! How weird. But yeah I know what you mean.
Shes writing SO MANY more books, its crazy BUY IM SO EXCITED!! Have you read her covenant series??

kpopfan Amina wrote: "I was thinking the exact thing!! How weird. But yeah I know what you mean.
Shes writing SO MANY more books, its crazy BUY IM SO EXCITED!! Have you read her covenant series??"

Sadly Im ashamed to say no... but Im in the future I will. I already pre-ordered Onyx on Amazon since like March lol So far Im addicted to The Lux series.

message 41: by Hina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hina This Darkfeverseries was amazing. The main characters are always fighting and it's like a love/hate relationship.

Amina Bookfreak wrote: "Amina wrote: "I was thinking the exact thing!! How weird. But yeah I know what you mean.
Shes writing SO MANY more books, its crazy BUY IM SO EXCITED!! Have you read her covenant series??"

Sadly ..."

WHHHHAAAAAATTT!?!?! Woman, HOW CAN YOU NOT OF!! Go read it. Yah..I ain't even recommending it to you I'm DEMANDING it of you! Anyone and everyone who loved the lux series and actually also Vampire academy, will LOVE this. And there are hot guys, really hot guys *waggles eyebrow*.

Once again Jennifer succeeds in creating sexy fictional guys. Lol

Have you read the onyx teasers??

kpopfan Amina wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Amina wrote: "I was thinking the exact thing!! How weird. But yeah I know what you mean.
Shes writing SO MANY more books, its crazy BUY IM SO EXCITED!! Have you read her covenant..."

OMG!! Amina Thanks for the link for the Onyx teasers!! I wanted to eat that cookie from Deamons mouth!! Lol, Sooo inlove with him...

message 44: by Elle (new)

Elle I love Lux as well, and it's soooo hard to find a good book to read afterwards.
However if you like the whole hate/love relationship, I actually really liked the Chicagoland vampire series.

Lucinda Someone previously recommended the Chicagoland vampire series to me, so might just read the books now! Thank you!

message 46: by Amina (last edited Jun 21, 2012 04:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amina ANEW!! READ ANEWWW!! By Chelsea Fine. It's amazing!!! There's a love triangle but its still good. Tristan is sexy... I really think Lux lovers will love it :D

Amina Trust me, I HATE THEM! Buuut, this one is gooood!! Honestly, this author KNOWS her stuff! I dunno, I guess I like it cus I enjoy hating the other one LOL

Lucinda Amina wrote: "Trust me, I HATE THEM! Buuut, this one is gooood!! Honestly, this author KNOWS her stuff! I dunno, I guess I like it cus I enjoy hating the other one LOL"

I just started reading Anew and it is really good!!!

Amina I'm reading Awry atm...O_O you don't understand how amazing this book is...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!OOMIGOD!!!!

Anew is crap compared to THIS!!!

kpopfan Amina wrote: "I'm reading Awry atm...O_O you don't understand how amazing this book is...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!OOMIGOD!!!!

Anew is crap compared to THIS!!!"

Lol so what are you saying that I shouldn't read Anew then?

« previous 1 3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Obsidian (other topics)
Perfect Chemistry (other topics)
Rules of Attraction (other topics)
How to Ruin a Summer Vacation (other topics)
How to Ruin My Teenage Life (other topics)
More...