Book Haven discussion

Suggestions > Good books about divorce?

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Oksana | 2 comments Going through one right now. Can not read happy-fluffy books about love,need something that resonates with what I am going through. With a bit of hope in it.
Eat, Pray, Love was good (although read it before it started)
Any other recommendations?

message 2: by Mia (last edited May 04, 2012 12:28AM) (new)

Mia (HotWolfie) | 46 comments I'm so sorry about your divorce, Oksana.

Here's a few "non-fluffy" books (all fiction) that deal with divorce:

1. Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon, this is a dark drama/comedy about a twice divorced college professor, who is on the brink of a third divorce, struggling to accept his failed career, and tries to infuse hope into a suicidal student.

2. The Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan deals with the a secret marriage/divorce that a mother kept hidden from her daughter. This is my favorite of her books.

3. Kramer vs. Kramer, a little dated, but it's a quick read.

4. Closer (a stageplay) deals with not only divorce, but the decaying relationships of several people.

Oksana | 2 comments Thank you, Mia! All of them sound really good.

Mirvan  Ereon (mirvanereon) | 71 comments Well, there is a book called LE DIVORCE.. it's a fun chick flick book and it has a movie too =P

Lennie (wwwgoodreadscomprofileLennie) | 133 comments You might also try How Stella Got Her Groove Back by Terry McMillan. It's about a divorced woman who finds her mojo again after a trip to Jamaica. There's a movie for this one too.

Mirvan  Ereon (mirvanereon) | 71 comments Lennie wrote: "You might also try How Stella Got Her Groove Back by Terry McMillan. It's about a divorced woman who finds her mojo again after a trip to Jamaica. There's a movie for this one too."

yeah so cool!

Carolyn F. Open House was a really good and I felt realistic book about divorce.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wonder Boys (other topics)
The Kitchen God's Wife (other topics)
Kramer vs. Kramer (other topics)
Closer (other topics)
Open House (other topics)