Books, Blogs, Authors and More discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
Archive Stuff > Divergent - do you love it?

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie, In the middle of writing book 3... (new) - rated it 3 stars

Melanie Cusick-Jones (MelC-J) | 407 comments Mod
I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't LOVE this book. I'm in more of an "it was OK, but not worth the hype" kind-of-place.

I have no team because I found the faction thing a bit hard to swallow - and so now, as everyone else gets their faction blog buttons I'm left Factionless, sweeping the roads and driving the buses for the crazy people who jump on the top of them.

Is there something wrong with me? Did I miss something obvious that makes this book awesome?

message 2: by Emily V, Head Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily V (XEmilyX) | 678 comments Mod
I haven't yet read it but the hype has been huge

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 3 comments LOL, Melanie. There are the factionless. Read Insurgent and everything will be explained.

Kele (kele_xo) | 2 comments I haven't read Divergent yet, but I'm planning to!

Christi (-_-Lola-_-) | 32 comments I loved this book. (Want to read Insurgent but my English teacher is loaning it to another kid!). I am so Dauntless. It just seemed like a cool faction. Although I hate their initiation. It was rude. XD

Lucy *Qhuay's shellan* I have not read Divergent so I can't say but if it is like The Hunger Games I won't like it.

message 7: by Emily V, Head Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just finished this and loved it! I went straight into town to get the second but my book shop didn't have it so I resisted the urge to throw a tantrum and just ordered it online.

message 8: by Melanie, In the middle of writing book 3... (new) - rated it 3 stars

I love the idea of you throwing an actual tantrum in the bookshop

"Erm, security - yes - we've another one in the YA section going crazy...not sure what - probably wants more Twilight..."

lol

message 9: by Emily V, Head Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haha they do probably get it a lot! If anything I would be defacing Twilight

Regina Simasko | 1 comments I've read both Divergent and Insurgent. I couldn't put them down. To me, they are very good books, and i love the concept. Although,I have not heard any hype about these books. I just came across it one day searching for a new book to read. None of my friends knew what is was either.

message 11: by Tima (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tima (tsunanisaurus) Melanie wrote: "I love the idea of you throwing an actual tantrum in the bookshop

"Erm, security - yes - we've another one in the YA section going crazy...not sure what - probably wants more Twilight..."

lol"

This made me laugh, love it!

I've just received Divergent from Amazon and am fighting the urge to read it right this second. A group I'm in will be starting to read it on the 23rd, I'm not sure I can wait 10 more days to see what all the fuss is about... *bites fingers in anxiousness*

Flora Bateman (BookwormFlo) | 8 comments Lucy wrote: "I have not read Divergent so I can't say but if it is like The Hunger Games I won't like it."

I didn't care too much for The Hunger Games either but I really liked both Divergent and Insurgent.

message 13: by Emily V, Head Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just got Insurgent and can't wait to read it!

message 14: by Tima (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tima (tsunanisaurus) I just finished Divergent last night and am debating ordering Insurgent now or waiting a little while. I liked Divergent (I think, still processing!). :D

message 15: by Melanie, In the middle of writing book 3... (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ok, I'm thinking a re-read is order, or maybe I'll try insurgent first, see if I get the bug. I love Hunger Games, esp. Katniss and think maybe I didn't like the heroine in this so much... Hmmmm decisions :)

message 16: by Emily V, Head Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

I loved Four!

unread topics | mark unread