The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1) The Red Pyramid discussion

Percy Jackson series x Kane Chronicles series crossover

Comments (showing 1-50 of 84) (84 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Ram (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ram There was a nod to the Percy Jackson series in Red Pyramid, which I guess means that they're in the same universe.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see a crossover book? Even just one? Thoughts?

Shatha J That would be so awesomely insane!!!
I think it would be really cool if PJ and his group for the new quest meet saidie and carter on their way to save Nico and stop Gaia!

Aurora Taylor I don't think so. I hope they stay separate.

But it was awesome to hear references to the other characters from the HoO. "They went to some summer camp" (or something like that) I absolutely LOLed.

Kåiłeē Omg... So, I say Roman, Greek, and Egyptian demigods all come together. I say Ra and Gaia like, team up and then the three different groups (the gods and demigods of all three) all have to stop them!!!

Aurora Taylor Ra = good. Gaea = bad. Not a good combo.

message 6: by Natalie (last edited May 02, 2012 08:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Natalie when i read the hint about percy jackson in the red pyramid and the second one, i died just a little bit i had to go back and read it like 400400404040 times

the characters are so interesting, diverse
and different it would be awesome if they were to meet.
I.WOULD.DIE

.....again

Atlantic Gem OH MY GOSH DREW IS IN SERPENT"S SHADOW!!!!!

Natalie HatsuneMikufan wrote: "OH MY GOSH DREW IS IN SERPENT"S SHADOW!!!!!"

how do you know???????

Nels Paulson Read serpents shadow and you find hat Sophie and much of the Brooklyn House go to a school also attended by many from camp half blood. As both cultures have similar monsters, it would not be difficult for an attack on one to spill over and encompass the other. Thus the series would begin.

I forget but is anyone in Kane Chronicles or Camp Halfblood a descendant of a greek pharaoh? perfect blending....

Rebecca Weinstein I laughed so hard when I read the mention and thought it would be awesome if there was a book where the two worlds meet. I haven't picked up Serpent's Shadow yet, but can't wait until October when the next HOO comes out!

Atlantic Gem Natalie wrote: " HatsuneMikufan wrote: "OH MY GOSH DREW IS IN SERPENT"S SHADOW!!!!!"

how do you know???????"

I read the entire thing. Lacy's in there 2.

message 12: by Ram (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ram So...it begins? Haha.

message 13: by Aya (last edited May 05, 2012 09:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aya Ruby Kane said:
"But there are other challenges as well. I haven’t completely lost the gift of prophecy, even in death. I see murky visions of other gods and rival magic.”

so... uh, what do you guys think about this freaking line??

Rebecca Weinstein Could just be another playful reference to the other books (playing devil's advocate) but hopefully it's referencing a crossover! :)

message 15: by Nels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nels Paulson he has something planned, but first he needs to finish the other series, or some how right them into the hero's series. It would be very weird having both go on at the same time when one would be after the other time wise. We still don't know how they are related time wise, meaning when one happened in relation to the other.

message 16: by Nels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nels Paulson The other thing would be how the series would be written. The Kane Chronicles had their own unique point of view because of how they were done with Sadie and Carter basically dictating the events. But Percy Jackson, and now the Heroes of Olympus are written in a more.....lets call it typical or standard way.

Natalie i wonder how he would do it?? knowing riordan it would be well done. like how he mixed the roman and greek gods. masterfully

CANT WAIT TO READ THE SERPENTS SHADOW!!!!!

Justece I'm really not sure how I would feel if there was a crossover of the two series. Because if Riordan wanted to, I think he could even cross all three of his series and it would, I think be pretty cool! Anyway, maybe it would be cool if the two series were to crossover, cuz Riordan did that same kinda thing with the Heros of Olympus, so I think that it could possibly work...

Taylor I have confidence that Riordan would have the skill to make it work. I would be very excited, i always imagine my favorite characters meeting, how they would react and get along, it really fascinates me.

message 20: by Simi (new) - added it

Simi it would be totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 21: by Simi (new) - added it

Simi Angel Musicraze wrote: "Ruby Kane said:
"But there are other challenges as well. I haven’t completely lost the gift of prophecy, even in death. I see murky visions of other gods and rival magic.”

so... uh, what do you gu..."

agree with kane that the gods and demigods from all three series will meet

Shatha J Natalie wrote: "i wonder how he would do it?? knowing riordan it would be well done. like how he mixed the roman and greek gods. masterfully

CANT WAIT TO READ THE SERPENTS SHADOW!!!!!"

Me niether!!!!!!!!!!!! I either have to read it at the book store, or wait until the 17 people before me that are in line for it finally get it from the library!! I can't wait!

Natalie Shatha wrote: "Natalie wrote: "i wonder how he would do it?? knowing riordan it would be well done. like how he mixed the roman and greek gods. masterfully

CANT WAIT TO READ THE SERPENTS SHADOW!!!!!"

Me niether..."

i checked a couple weeks ago ( at my libraray) and there were like 50 holds on it!!!! i mean the book hadnt even come out yet!!!

message 24: by Nels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nels Paulson There definitely will be a cross over, but in what time frame? unless the Kane's join in the Hero's from Olympus series, we are looking at a year or two before we see them again. You can not start a cross over with one of the sides still occupied in a struggle. That is another thing we don't know, how events from one coordinated with the other. Ask the questions.. when the sky went black Where was Percy. Or when the tempest and other disasters were going on across the United States were were the Kane's, and at what age?

Shatha J Natalie wrote: i checked a couple of weeks ago ( at my library) and there were like 50 holds on it !!!! i mean the book hadnt even come out yet!!!

really? at my library i'm #18. my copy is almost here!!!! when SoN was still being ordered at my library, there were like 100 holds on it. i was i think #86 until i bought a copy and cancelled my hold xD

message 26: by Nels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nels Paulson The trick for working the library on big books like these is to be the one who asks for the library to purchase it. At my library website there is a pull down menu that has suggest a purchase. Once the author knows the publisher and date of the book , and an isbn is useful, list that you want the book ordered. If done 6-8 months in advance of the release most libraries will put you at the head of the line. The latest i have been using this method is 6th on books like these and most of the time 1st. It is also a good way to get the library to get some books you want to read but not own yourself. So ask your library how you suggest a book purchase.

message 27: by Aya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aya Idk but have you guys wonder that in the of the Serpent Shadow, the gods distance themselves to the mortal world and so us the gods in the Heroes of Olympus?

message 28: by Nels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nels Paulson I am thinking a link to Aristotle. The first Greek Pharaoh. for a cross over. Though how difficult would it be for something to happen a Shadie's school and both sides end up in the fray. There might also be gods that started as Egyptian but were folded into the Greek or Roman Pantheon.

Bookpanda (Miguel Cruz) I hope they stay seperate. If they will have a crossover, everything will be mixed up, sticky, annoying, and well... confusing.

message 30: by Shane (new)

Shane I'm hoping for some sort of crossover...however I don't think it will be with Percy and his friends. Riordan is planning a new series about the Norse Gods (Thor, Loki, etc...) I would also like to see him write about Chinese mythology but I believe the crossover will be with those Nordic Gods (very exciting). The reason the Roman and Greek crossover worked so well was because the Roman and Greek Gods are the same entities with different names. And a previous post was correct in saying the Demigods fought for good not evil. Some Norse Gods are very mischievious (Loki). The Nordic/Egypt crossover makes more sense and would be very enjoyable.

message 31: by Bradley (new)

Bradley Well think about it he put Rome and greece together that's a good hint he might put others together plus in the Kane chronicals at the end Saddie said that evil wasnt over and then she said something like "thers magic in mannhtenn and that she will probly need to check that out" that's a huge hint that they might meet , maybe in a different series post a comment if this was helpful

message 32: by Fabienne (new)

Fabienne She actually said that the unexplainable magic was in Long Island, just to correct the above comment,(no offense, merely correcting) but anyway i would be very excited if Rick did do a crossover book! :D

message 33: by Bradley (new)

Bradley Fabienne wrote: "She actually said that the unexplainable magic was in Long Island, just to correct the above comment,(no offense, merely correcting) but anyway i would be very excited if Rick did do a crossover bo..."

Thanks for that I got the book from the library and didn't remanber the exact thing thanks for the help :)

Whitney i dont think there should be a crossover because they contradict eachother completely demigods actually descend from the gods magicans just borrow magic from them and all the gods are basically the same people of different cultures just perceive them differently

Whitney besides annabeth and sadie would totally clash and then the whole book would be about them (not that im saying that would be bad)and not leave very much room for adventure or mystery

message 36: by Bradley (new)

Bradley That's not true but what would be cool is if somehow Percy had magic like carter or something like that , say something about this idea so I could see if you like or don't like this idea

10brucad i would love that to happen it would be awesome

Shatha J YAA!! I almost screamed when i read that part in the Serpent's Shadow about how their fight isn't over and everything!!
and today i found out that my library already ordered MoA, I got hold # 22!! (I think) so I am getting one of the first copies!!

message 39: by Bradley (last edited Jul 05, 2012 09:06PM) (new)

Bradley What about a book with Rome Greece and egipt that would be so cool right comment if you like this idea also how many of you where waiting for the mark of annebeth and just had to read the whole thing again

ϟEvelynϟ Angel Musicraze wrote: "Ruby Kane said:

so... uh, what do you gu..."

Chills went through my body!!! OMG

message 41: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo No thank you. And add the new Norse series in the works? No way.

ϟEvelynϟ I'm curious of how Riordan would make this work. I don't mind if they stay separate, either.

ALSO, what are some examples of "hints" from the percy jackson series in the kane chronicles?

I got one in the serpent's shadow: pg 401(last page) Sadie, "In the meantime, there are still hotspots of evil magic and demon activity all over the world that we have to take care of. We've even got reports of unexplainable magic as close as Long Island. Probably have to check that out."

message 43: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Also Riordan mentions "other gods" in Manhattan when Amos answers Carter why he doesn't live there.

message 44: by Nels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nels Paulson Several of the popular clique in the school are from Aphrodite cabin. And the girl sadie introduces to her brother at the dance is as well (she talks about knowing the popular kids from summer camp). Carter swears to have seen a flying horse near the Empire state building in a previous book, and in book one their uncle states something like that across the river has their own gods. I am sure there are more, but those are the easy ones to notice when you know they are there.

ϟEvelynϟ Nels wrote: "Several of the popular clique in the school are from Aphrodite cabin. And the girl sadie introduces to her brother at the dance is as well (she talks about knowing the popular kids from summer cam..."

Thanks! The flying horse one is interesting. Lol oh, Blackjack. I will research a little more about this!

Free-spirit *Thalia * i prefer them to stay separate but i was happy when i read about that Manhattan have other god problems it would be awesome to read carter saying " and there was a weird guy who had black hair and green eyes wearing a Greek armor and holding a sword (Percy)" that would be interesting....:D

Shatha J Free-spirit wrote: "i prefer them to stay separate but i was happy when i read about that Manhattan have other god problems it would be awesome to read carter saying " and there was a weird guy who had black hair and ..."

:P interesting... oddly specific, but interesting...
;P

Anna-Cosette I would not be surprised if there was a cross over series. I am almost possitive there will be a second Kane Chronicles series, because they still need to get Setne.

message 49: by Nels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nels Paulson There could be, but it seems that first there will be a conclusion to the HoO series and a series about Norse god kids. Think Thor, Odin, Loki and more. After they are done, then cross overs might happen. I think part of the point was that they all exist in the same world.

message 50: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Nels wrote: "There could be, but it seems that first there will be a conclusion to the HoO series and a series about Norse god kids. Think Thor, Odin, Loki and more. After they are done, then cross overs might..."

The problem is, Marvel already got to me.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Red Pyramid (other topics)