Old Books, New Readers discussion

Music > What kind of music do you listen to?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 101) (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Haley (new)

Haley | 707 comments The title is pretty self-explanatory... What music are you interested in, or what bands or genres do you listen to the most?

Tabi {Sherlockian} Card  (FeyGurl) Celtic, hip-hop, dance...and pretty much anything with a good beat that keeps me going as I write...oh yeah, and movie soundtracks. Gotta love those. :)

message 3: by Varsha (new)

Varsha (varsha765) | 46 comments Mostly Pop and Rock. And sometimes Blues and country too. :)

message 4: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3151 comments Mod
Thanks Haley for putting up this folder, I guess I am a little behind.

I really love to listen to orchestral music. Sound tracks from movie and one of my favorite bands is "Nickle Creek". Not to be confused with "Nickle Back" "Nickel Creek" is a three person band with great music and songs.

Tabi {Sherlockian} Card  (FeyGurl) Neat. I still like Nickleback though...:D

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Movie soundtracks...love those.

message 7: by Talia (new)

Talia (taliafrench) Oh gosh, I tend to listen to Adele or Ingrid Michaelson. I like the quiet and acoustic of these two artists. Since I like to be quiet a lot (I have a loud three year old, so quiet is important to me), this is what I tend to listen to.

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley | 707 comments Adele is amazing! Few people have voices like hers anymore. I haven't heard anything my Ingrid Michaelson. And I like some Nickelback songs too Tabi, but they get a lot of crap nowadays. I haven't heard of Nickel Creek either, Christa, but I'll have to look them up.

I'm I the only one who listens to country music (legit country, not all Taylor Swift and Lady A)

message 9: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3151 comments Mod
Oh I love Brad Paisley! I have two of his CD and have listened the heck out of them. I also listen to other country but we don't have a good country station where I am so I don't listen to it so much anymore.

However I am going to admit I do like about half of Taylor Swift's songs.

message 10: by Haley (new)

Haley | 707 comments Oh my gosh, Brad Paisley. He's just awesome. Him and Keith Urban. What about Rascal Flatts? Or Garth Brooks, or Sugarland? And I like a lot of Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum songs too, I'm just wondering if people know and like country artists besides them. Country country music rather than more pop country.

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara Nowlin-Edens (sara1955) | 139 comments I like country, oldies, and classical. And I adore the big band sounds

message 12: by Rebecca (last edited May 02, 2012 10:52PM) (new)

Rebecca Graf (RebeccaGraf) I like country, classic rock, oldies, big bands, and now I'm madly in love with Blackmore's Night

message 13: by Charissa Sophia (new)

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa (PurpleRose328) | 7 comments I love soul (especially by Enya), country and classical music. They always relax my mind and I listen to them when I'm reading books. Also some songs by Air Supply and 60s, 80s and 90s.

Tabi {Sherlockian} Card  (FeyGurl) Christa - Ron Paul 2012 wrote: "Oh I love Brad Paisley! I have two of his CD and have listened the heck out of them. I also listen to other country but we don't have a good country station where I am so I don't listen to it so mu..."

Me too. I thought I wouldn't, but then after hearing them I like quite a few.

Tabi {Sherlockian} Card  (FeyGurl) Rebecca wrote: "I like country, classic rock, oldies, big bands, and now I'm madly in love with Blackmore's Night"

Wow! Someone else who loves them!!! What's one of your favorite songs?

message 16: by James (new)

James Eddy (james_eddy) I try to keep a broad mind when it comes to music. I like me a little bit of country and country rock - Ryan Adams, Neil Young, Johnny Cash, Gram Parsons, Waylon Jennings - but i also like stuff that's a little more punk like At the Drive-In or even the Trip Hop artist Tricky, who has that kind of spirit. I'm enjoying the new Spiritualized record a lot too. There's a band called Destroyer who i love and who are lyrically phenomenal and I would recommend Laura Marling to just about anyone.

message 17: by Nissa Tanura, Magnificent Mallets (new)

Nissa Tanura (nissatanura) | 190 comments Mod
Sara wrote: "I like country, oldies, and classical. And I adore the big band sounds"

Me too, Sara! ^_^

message 18: by Erin (new)

Erin van Moer (erinvanmoer) | 13 comments I love foreign singers like Giorgia, and French and Italian songs.. I also love musicians like Tori Amos, Regina Spektor, Sia, Catherine Feeney, Elisa...

message 19: by Haley (new)

Haley | 707 comments Regina Spektor has an AMAZING voice! Have you ever heard her song from the second Chronicles of Narnia movie, The Call? It's one of my absolute favorites!

message 20: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (Haybop) | 17 comments I'm into pretty much most things, though I lean towards rock more than anything. But tonight I shall be listening to a LOT of Beastie Boys in memory of MCA.

message 21: by Kortni (new)

Kortni | 163 comments Country

message 22: by Haley (new)

Haley | 707 comments Yay Kortni!

message 23: by Talia (new)

Talia (taliafrench) Haley wrote: "Regina Spektor has an AMAZING voice! Have you ever heard her song from the second Chronicles of Narnia movie, The Call? It's one of my absolute favorites!"

I do like Regina Spektor. I hear random songs of hers on Pandora.

message 24: by Emi (new)

Emi The Call led me to Regina Spektor and I got HOOKED! I love her voice! It gives me goosebumps! :) haha

I think I literally listen to pretty much every kind of music (no techno or disco though!) rap, country, hip-hop, r&b, gospel, pop, latino, reggaeton, etc... i could go on and on!

message 25: by Haley (new)

Haley | 707 comments I'm like that too, Emi. I have music that I listen to more often (country and alt rock), but I like rock, pop, classical, soundtracks, gospel... just about anything but rap.

message 26: by Nissa Tanura, Magnificent Mallets (new)

It seems many of us like Regina Spektor.
Me too! :DDD

Is there any of you who likes to hear Alison Krauss?

message 27: by Haley (new)

Haley | 707 comments My mom always listened to Alison Kraus when I was little and didn't want to, so I can't say I'm a huge fan because she was kind of forced on me :D her voice is amazing though and I love the song she sings with Brad Paisley, Whiskey Lullaby, even though it's pretty dang sad.

message 28: by Giuliana (new)

Giuliana  (GiulianaFromNewYork) I like Christina Perri. She has an amazing voice!!

message 29: by Nissa Tanura, Magnificent Mallets (new)

Haley wrote: "My mom always listened to Alison Kraus when I was little and didn't want to, so I can't say I'm a huge fan because she was kind of forced on me :D her voice is amazing though and I love the song sh..."

I love her duet album with Robert Plant :D
For now, I'm listening Florence and the Machine, Amy Macdonald, or Duffy.
Some classical music is also lovable. :)

message 30: by Haley (new)

Haley | 707 comments I love Florence and the Machine! The CD Ceremonials is amazing!

message 31: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (PsychSammie) | 27 comments I listen to a lot of rock/metal music (which if you look at me, I don't really seem the type XD), but I also like listening to Christian music and some pop music (as long as it doesn't talk about sex and drugs constantly and has a good beat).:) I can basically listen to anything except country. I just can't do it.

message 32: by Nissa Tanura, Magnificent Mallets (new)

Haley wrote: "I love Florence and the Machine! The CD Ceremonials is amazing!"

Yep, her voice is totally amazing!

message 33: by Nissa Tanura, Magnificent Mallets (new)

Samantha wrote: "I listen to a lot of rock/metal music (which if you look at me, I don't really seem the type XD), but I also like listening to Christian music and some pop music (as long as it doesn't talk about s..."

Samantha, I remember Casting Crowns when you say Christian and rock music :DDD and I love it!

message 34: by James (new)

James Eddy (james_eddy) Haley wrote: "Regina Spektor has an AMAZING voice! Have you ever heard her song from the second Chronicles of Narnia movie, The Call? It's one of my absolute favorites!"

I'm another in the Regina Spektor camp. Loved how they used her songs in (500) Days of Summer too.

message 35: by Varsha (new)

Varsha (varsha765) | 46 comments Giuliana wrote: "I like Christina Perri. She has an amazing voice!!"

True that. :)

message 36: by Varsha (new)

Varsha (varsha765) | 46 comments Haley wrote: "Regina Spektor has an AMAZING voice! Have you ever heard her song from the second Chronicles of Narnia movie, The Call? It's one of my absolute favorites!"

Oooh. That's a wonderful song!

message 37: by Listra (new)

Listra (museforsaken) | 34 comments Opera/classic and pop songs and anything in between. I love latina music too.

Tabi {Sherlockian} Card  (FeyGurl) Nissa Tanura wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I listen to a lot of rock/metal music (which if you look at me, I don't really seem the type XD), but I also like listening to Christian music and some pop music (as long as it doe..."

YES!!! Casting Crowns is awesome!!!! I LOVE their new song Courageous.

message 39: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Tripathi (shubhammuzzik) I listen to all kinds of music except pop.I listen to a lot of heavy meta,metal,classic rock,hard rock,grunge and country music...My favourite bands are NIRVANA,IRON MAIDEN,JUDAS PRIEST,PINK FLOYD,ACDC,CREDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL...Right now I am in love with Eddie Vedder,he is GOD for me.I am just not able to stop myself from listening to Into The Wild sountrack...esp Society..Just love him and his band PEARL JAM...\m/

message 40: by Talia (new)

Talia (taliafrench) Does anyone like Joshua Radin?

message 41: by Haley (new)

Haley | 707 comments YES!! Have you heard his song Winter? It's my absolute favorite one that he sings.

Am I the only one who listens to Josh Groban? Because no matter how lame that might sound, as I am a nineteen year old girl, his voice is SO AMAZING. I can't get over it. I got to see him in concert, and he was actually better live which I never would have thought was possible.

message 42: by Listra (new)

Listra (museforsaken) | 34 comments I listen to Josh Groban as well. He's a great singer and knows how to choose a good song to sing. Cinema Paradiso, To Where You Are, Mi Mancherai. I love them.

Haley, you have seen him in concert? Wow..

message 43: by Talia (new)

Talia (taliafrench) I have heard Winter. I also really like What If You.

Josh Groban is incredibly talented. I love his voice.

message 44: by Haley (new)

Haley | 707 comments Listra wrote: "Haley, you have seen him in concert? Wow.."

I know. It was incredible. I cannot get over his voice :D He definitely knows how to pick songs as well, unlike a lot of artists.

I haven't heard What If You (that I know of) but I have a couple of Joshua Radin's CDs so I bet it's on one of them. I'll look for it!

message 45: by Nissa Tanura, Magnificent Mallets (new)

Tabi (Ron Paul 2012) wrote: "YES!!! Casting Crowns is awesome!!!! I LOVE their new song Courageous."

Yes, me too! I always love their song :DDD

message 46: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (Polywag) The type of music I listen to most is K-pop and J-rock. I also like spanish oldies, spanish rock and pop, reggaeton. I have tried hearing country and classical on the radio. I love rock, but I'll try hearing anything. I recently learned about Luciano Pavarotti. He's wonderful.

message 47: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 2 comments Heavy Metal!

message 48: by Jada (new)

Jada Stuart (JadasArtVision) | 211 comments I listen to a lot of different things. Mostly rock and country. My fav country bands and singers are: Carrie Underwood, Montgomery Gentry, Alabama, Martina McBride, Brad Pasley, Tim McGraw, Kennedy Cheney, Big and Rich.
Fav rock musicians: A7X, HIM, Apocalyptica, Theory of a Deadman, Shinedown, Guns n Roses, Def Leppard, Elton John, Genesis/Phil Collins, U2, Nickelback, and many more.

Also love this band called Kamlet. Amazing music! Almost like the opera meets hard rock. Very beautiful. I listen to them whenever I'm drawing. Fills my head with creative ideas.

message 49: by Neville (new)

Neville (Nevvv) I love listening to house music especially minimal tech (Genre) aritst like Manel Diaz, Angy Kore. Coming from a land such as India, generally I listen to anything which would include Indian classical, jazz, hip-hop, Old B&W Hindi Film Music, A very Big fan of Kishore Kumar(The eccentric Singer), Lata Mangeshkar(The Nightingale), Pink Floyd, Tupac, Eminem, Michael Jackson. The list is endless and there is so much more to discover.

message 50: by Peter (new)

Peter | 50 comments My favourite genres of music are: Ambient (especially Brian Eno), electronica, Classical (especially Baroque) and Folk (Scottish and Irish, but some from other countries too). If I had to pick a favourite decade for music, it would probably be the sixties, when there was so much innovation and invention, and music seemed to be more fun.

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread