The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles, #3) The Serpent's Shadow discussion

References to other books (SPOILERS)

Comments (showing 1-38 of 38) (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aurora Taylor I know that in the first Kane Chronicles, I absolutely freaked when I read the line that Amos says to Sadie and Carter: "Manhattan has other problems. Other gods." or something to that effect. But in this book, I totally did not expect Lacy or Drew from Aphrodite cabin to show up! That was so totally awesome!

message 2: by Aya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aya REALLY?! Ugh! I badly want to read it now! ;(

Atlantic Gem I know! I saw the name Lacy and I was like uh oh....

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Not to mention in the throne of fire carter says he saw a horse with wings in manhatten mustve been black jack. I like these little shout outs or easter eggs.

message 5: by Madelene (new) - added it

Madelene The part where Sadie and Carter's mom said this:

"But there are other challenges as
well. I haven’t completely lost the gift of prophecy, even in death. I
see murky visions of other gods and rival magic.”

makes me hope that they will combine the olympians and the egyptian Gods so exciting

message 6: by Aya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aya Awesome!!!

Nasra At the end of the book, it said 'problems as close as long island' and i was like YES, PROBLEMS

Anna-Cosette I have a feeling he's going to do some kind of mash up series. I mean with what Sadie and Carter's mom said, to Drew and Lacy being there, well it seems that the main characters from each series will come across each other eventually.

message 9: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam If my memory serves me, Lacy in HOO is spelled "Lacey" and in Kane "Lacy". Also, Drew in HOO is Asian, and has a different last name from the Drew in Kane.

message 10: by Ben (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ben Didn't know that

message 11: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg Sam wrote: "If my memory serves me, Lacy in HOO is spelled "Lacey" and in Kane "Lacy". Also, Drew in HOO is Asian, and has a different last name from the Drew in Kane."

Rick rodan said they where the same people here http://rickriordan.blogspot.com/searc...

I'm one of a kind, got nothing to prove Nasra wrote: "At the end of the book, it said 'problems as close as long island' and i was like YES, PROBLEMS"

Me too...I was like 'RICK MAKE A CROSSOVER SERIES!!!!!'

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Cari wrote: "If my memory serves me, Lacy in HOO is spelled "Lacey" and in Kane "Lacy". Also, Drew in HOO is Asian, and has a different last name from the Drew in Kane."

Her last name wasn't mentioned, and it wasn't mentioned she wasn't asian in SS. And yes, Lacy was spelled Lacey...once. All writers make typos once in a while!

Sarah Madelene wrote: "The part where Sadie and Carter's mom said this:

"But there are other challenges as
well. I haven’t completely lost the gift of prophecy, even in death. I
see murky visions of other gods and rival..."

I had the same thought!

message 15: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Do any of you read Ally Carter? She has two different series, the Gallagher Girl series and the Heist series. She didn't write a mash-up series, but she did make a cross-over novella where two secondary characters meet at a party.

Maybe Rick will do something like that, in the distant future. He still needs to finish HoO and start his Norse series.

Sarah Leah wrote: "Do any of you read Ally Carter? She has two different series, the Gallagher Girl series and the Heist series. She didn't write a mash-up series, but she did make a cross-over novella where two seco..."

When did that happen?? What's the title I've read both series and never heard of this?? But also I can't wait to read any of his books that is in the young adults section

message 17: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Sarah wrote: "Leah wrote: "Do any of you read Ally Carter? She has two different series, the Gallagher Girl series and the Heist series. She didn't write a mash-up series, but she did make a cross-over novella w..."

It's not out yet, it's free on ebooks in January. It's called Double-Crossed, you can read about it on her website:

http://allycarter.com/blog/

I'm one of a kind, got nothing to prove Nasra wrote: "At the end of the book, it said 'problems as close as long island' and i was like YES, PROBLEMS"

THAT WAS MY REACTION!!!!!!

message 19: by Elna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elna Sam wrote: "If my memory serves me, Lacy in HOO is spelled "Lacey" and in Kane "Lacy". Also, Drew in HOO is Asian, and has a different last name from the Drew in Kane."

In HoO Lacy's name is spelled Lacy, same as in the Kane Chronicles, and in HoO Drew Tanaka is asian and she has the same last name.

Maari i was so totally like "OMG" my sisters were like "what is your problem?!" because i was so siked i was literaly yelling at the top of my lungs!

Becci You know what's really funny? I always assumed that the Greek/Roman 'problem' was unique to them and that other demigods from different theoi know of each other and more or less get along. So the G/R problem is mostly because of their conflicts.
So looking forward to having the Kane/G/R mix... going to reread the books again to see if there are more clues we've missed!

message 22: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara I love all of the (two) references to the other books. Drew and Lacy showing up was awesome. I totally want RR to do a crossover novel just so that we can see how the characters interact. Plus, Annabeth and Sadie fighting as a team would be just plain awesome. I can't believe the trilogy already ended! [insert loud, pitiful sobbing].

Catie Wouldn't it be awesome if the 21st Nome showed up to help at (view spoiler)?

message 24: by T (new) - rated it 5 stars

T Check this out. Rick Riordan is going to publish a Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles crossover short story this spring! Can't wait!

http://rickriordan.blogspot.co.il/201...

Caraline ahhh ohmygod drew and lacy!! I thought they were different people and was like wow he must really like those names! but then I realized nooo its the same people!! ahh yayayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by Serena (new) - added it

Serena Woot; The Son of Sobek is coming May 7th in the paperback of The Serpent's Shadow~!

This means I have to wait almost another three months? Aghh! :(

But, but! Percy/Kane crossover! :D

Thanks for sharing T!

Jolie Rolie Polie :D I thibk it's already out...

message 28: by Serena (new) - added it

Serena Not in paperback I think?

Caraline I thought May 7...?

message 30: by Serena (new) - added it

Serena Yeah. I know the hardback of "The Serpent's Shadow " has been out for a while but it's with the paperback that "The Son of Sobek " will be combined with. That's not out till May 7th (I hope) .

ϟEvelynϟ I caught the HoO references and freaked! I freaked even more when I caught the Doctor Who references! You know, with the Dalek shabti and the jelly baby.

message 32: by T (new) - rated it 5 stars

T Rena (Greeksays) wrote: "Woot; The Son of Sobek is coming May 7th in the paperback of The Serpent's Shadow~!

This means I have to wait almost another three months? Aghh! :(

But, but! Percy/Kane crossover! :D

Rena, you're welcome! There's an excerpt too. Have you read it?
Thanks for..."

Rena, you're welcome! There's an excerpt too. Have you read it?

Anaya  ♪♫   I'm ☢,  ☢    ♪ ♫ There is another discussion topic called Mixing Series(created by me). It talks about people and there opinions on if the series do mix. I personally think it would be very interesting and exciting.

The Dauntless Shadowhunter of District 9 and 3/4 I cant find a paperback addition of The Serpent's Shadow at the library. :(.

message 35: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate Reference to PJO in Kane Chronicles: Carter:" I once saw a silhouette of what looked like flying horses above Manhattan"

Or something like that. Can't remember which book.

message 36: by Celia (new)

Celia Carter says that when Sadie tries to make the little sculptures come to life, sometimes bad things happen. (Not an exact quote.) At one point Sadie made a wastebasket that flies around saying "exterminate, exterminate." Could this be a Dr. Who reference?

Pygmy IK all my friends that read this didn't find this but I did!!! Drew was connected with Camp Half-Blood with The Heroes of Olympus series so that means that two doomsday s have happened the HOO series!!

Laurel What I want to know is what exactly was going on at Camp Half-Blood when book three took place. When I first read it, I figured it had to be before Piper showed up since Lacy still feared Drew.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Serpent's Shadow (other topics)