Erudite Readers discussion

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
This topic is about Insurgent
Our Favorite Books! > Insurgent- May 2012

Comments (showing 1-50 of 146) (146 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
Insurgent is finally here, the compelling sequel to Divergent, is now our monthly read for May. Insurgent takes place where Divergent left off. Here's the description: One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature

message 2: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited May 01, 2012 07:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michele C (mcgxo95) | 4893 comments Mod
I just got the book today from my library! I've only read 15 pages since I need to go to sleep but I'm so excited to read more!

message 3: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I just got the book today from my library! I've only read 15 pages since I need to go to sleep but I'm so excited to read more!"
I can't wait to read it!

Patrick (Patrick_Castro) Just got mine too! So excited for it! :)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 19 comments I'm about 75% through. I'm headed to go finish now.

Aurora | 129 comments I had another book to read first (Sorry, I've been a loyal fan of Rick Riordan too long. His books take precedence over others.) I'll be done with it by Friday, for sure, probably sooner. I'm starting it tonight.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) wrote: "I'm about 75% through. I'm headed to go finish now."

Wow, you're quick! I'm just past halfway, will finish tomorrow :)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments Aurora wrote: "I had another book to read first (Sorry, I've been a loyal fan of Rick Riordan too long. His books take precedence over others.) I'll be done with it by Friday, for sure, probably sooner. I'm start..."

Ooh I hear you, I am a huge Riordan fan too :)

message 9: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth

Insurgent was amazing. I loved everything about this book. The action and adventure was incredible. Tris/Beatrice was awesome. I admire her because she's brave and cool. I'm really excited about the next book. Veronica Roth is an amazing author.

message 10: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Aurora wrote: "I had another book to read first (Sorry, I've been a loyal fan of Rick Riordan too long. His books take precedence over others.) I'll be done with it by Friday, for sure, probably so..."
I feel lame.. I'm only the 2nd Red Pyramid book.. I started to read it awhile but I wasn't really in to it.. I like the House of Olympus or Percy Jackson best!

message 11: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay wrote: "Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth

Insurgent was amazing. I loved everything about this book. The action and adventure was incredible. Tris/Beatrice was awesome. I admire her because she's brave and cool. I'..."

Your done already :O Quick reader!

message 12: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) wrote: "I'm about 75% through. I'm headed to go finish now."
That was quick, I didn't even open the book yet.

Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~ (EscapingRealityBookReviews) | 3 comments Aurora wrote: "I had another book to read first (Sorry, I've been a loyal fan of Rick Riordan too long. His books take precedence over others.) I'll be done with it by Friday, for sure, probably sooner. I'm start..."

Me too! I'm kinda in the middle of both of them, trying to read them at the same time...talk about confusing... :)

Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~ (EscapingRealityBookReviews) | 3 comments Scott wrote: "David wrote: "Aurora wrote: "I had another book to read first (Sorry, I've been a loyal fan of Rick Riordan too long. His books take precedence over others.) I'll be done with it by Friday, for sur..."

If you like Heroes of Olympus you'll LOVE chapter five of The Serpent's Shadow...two cameo appearances of characters from HoO..couldn't STOP laughing!!!

message 15: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynette wrote: "Aurora wrote: "I had another book to read first (Sorry, I've been a loyal fan of Rick Riordan too long. His books take precedence over others.) I'll be done with it by Friday, for sure, probably so..."

I have free next period so the whole time I'm reading more Insurgent!

message 16: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynette wrote: "Scott wrote: "David wrote: "Aurora wrote: "I had another book to read first (Sorry, I've been a loyal fan of Rick Riordan too long. His books take precedence over others.) I'll be done with it by F..."
First I have to finish Throne of Fire but now I'm excited!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments Just finished Insurgent. I rated it 5 stars, enough said! Prepare for some stunning twists and turns and cool revelations!

Aurora | 129 comments Lynette wrote: "Scott wrote: "David wrote: "Aurora wrote: "I had another book to read first (Sorry, I've been a loyal fan of Rick Riordan too long. His books take precedence over others.) I'll be done with it by F..."

Yeah, I just about freaked out when I read that!

I finished Insurgent. I thought it was very good. A tad predictable, but not in a bad way, and there were too many gunshot wounds, but I can overlook that. I loved it. Gosh, 364 days until the next one (Which I predict will be called Convergent.)

message 20: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aurora wrote: "Lynette wrote: "Scott wrote: "David wrote: "Aurora wrote: "I had another book to read first (Sorry, I've been a loyal fan of Rick Riordan too long. His books take precedence over others.) I'll be d..."
I am so zealous to read Insurgent!

message 21: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca wrote: "

"

Are you enjoying it so far?

David I know what you mean. i'm only on page 101 or osmetihng like that but so much has happened.

Sarah | 41 comments Just got mine can't wait to get started....whoot whoot

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments Hoot hoot!!

message 24: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Hoot hoot!!"
Was it better than Divergent?

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments I can't pick between them but if you liked Divergent, I think you'll like Insurgent :). I think Divergent was awesome because of the concept and Insurgent was awesome because of what was revealed and the character development

message 26: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "I can't pick between them but if you liked Divergent, I think you'll like Insurgent :). I think Divergent was awesome because of the concept and Insurgent was awesome because of what was revealed a..."
I'm excited.

Nicole Sanglay (SpeckInTheUniverse) | 1318 comments I can't find any copies in the bookstores here :( I'm so excited to read it especially with all the feedback!

message 28: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Your libaries dont own it? How about amazon?

Nicole Sanglay (SpeckInTheUniverse) | 1318 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Your libaries dont own it? How about amazon?"

No. The libraries here aren't updated. -.- And I don't buy from Amazon. Shipping takes forever and it's costly. So I'm really frustrated.

message 30: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh nvm then! Ebook?

message 31: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

You can buy an ebook for cheaper if you have a kindle but if you don't u can read on the computer.

message 32: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm about halfway done and it's getting so intense!

message 33: by Nicole (last edited May 03, 2012 10:07PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nicole Sanglay (SpeckInTheUniverse) | 1318 comments Thanks for all your help!

message 34: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole wrote: "Thanks for all your help!"
Np.. did you get it in the end?

message 35: by Pam (new) - rated it 2 stars

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee (Pam_T) | 46 comments Scott wrote: "David wrote: "Hoot hoot!!"
Was it better than Divergent?"

Scott, I'm probably alone in this, but I didn't think it was as good as Divergent.

message 36: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pamela wrote: "Scott wrote: "David wrote: "Hoot hoot!!"
Was it better than Divergent?"

Scott, I'm probably alone in this, but I didn't think it was as good as Divergent."

I'm not done yet but so far I agree it's just not the same. Divergent is deff better but who knows maybe my opinion will differ

message 37: by Pam (new) - rated it 2 stars

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee (Pam_T) | 46 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I'm not done yet but so far I agree it's just not the same. Divergent is deff better but who knows maybe my opinion will differ ..."

Maybe we need a spoiler thread so we can hash it out and decide which book RULES! ;]

message 38: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (last edited May 04, 2012 09:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pamela wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I'm not done yet but so far I agree it's just not the same. Divergent is deff better but who knows maybe my opinion will differ ..."

Maybe we need a spoiler thread so we..."

You can write spoilers as long as you use the spoiler thing.

message 39: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

or just writer SPOILER in caps..either way works

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments SPOILER
Insurgent was awesome!
LOL, honestly, I didn't think it was better than Divergent, but to me it was on par with it. I certainly wouldn't put it into the disappointment category. I think it's just really hard when expectations are so high for a sequel :)

message 41: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

SPOILER

I didn't see all of that coming with Peter,Caleb,Johanna...

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments There were definitely a few twists and turns, some predictable, some not so much...

message 43: by Pam (new) - rated it 2 stars

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee (Pam_T) | 46 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "SPOILER

I didn't see all of that coming with Peter,Caleb,Johanna..."

That's one of the problems I had with this book. To me it's not GREAT writing if you have (view spoiler)

message 44: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pamela wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "SPOILER

I didn't see all of that coming with Peter,Caleb,Johanna..."

That's one of the problems I had with this book. To me it's not GREAT writing if you have [spoilers..."

I need to read this but I think I will finish Incarceron first.

message 45: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay I think Divergent was better

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I JUST now got Insurgent! But my head really hurts so I don't think I can get much done today

message 47: by Renee (last edited May 06, 2012 06:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Renee | 176 comments I just finished Insurgent only minutes ago. Wowy wow wow. I think its amazing. The way it ended like that. Wholly shitake' mushrooms man O.O I must admit though, that Tris kind of annoyed me in this one. Just a bit. Definitely can't wait for the next one to come out though.

Renee | 176 comments Jordan wrote: "I JUST now got Insurgent! But my head really hurts so I don't think I can get much done today"

Hope your head quits hurting soon.

Ophelia ॐ | 749 comments I have yet to purchase Insurgent...but I will soon!!
I'm so excited!!! :D

Renee | 176 comments David wrote: "There were definitely a few twists and turns, some predictable, some not so much..."

I agree with that. I kind of predicted (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Insurgent (other topics)
Intertwined (other topics)