Book Haven discussion

Few Are Chosen (K'Barthan, #1)
This topic is about Few Are Chosen
Authors > Funny fantasy in reduced circumstances

Comments (showing 1-1 of 1) (1 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.T. (last edited May 01, 2012 10:29AM) (new) - added it

M.T. McGuire (MTMcGuire) | 9 comments Hello there,

Amazon have pricematched the award-winning (oo-er) first volume in the K'Barthan Trilogy - Few Are Chosen (which normally retails for a princely $3 or £1.50) to a bargain basement 99c or 70p.

So, if you like car chases, futuristic technology and sarcasm you might be interested in picking it up while it's cheap. You can pick it up for the same bargain price on Kobo and B&N... obviously because they price matched it (doh, sorry chanelling Homer again).

For a flavour of what it's like I can tell you it's been compared with Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Robert Rankin, Tom Holt and Jasper Fforde. So that means it's humorous fantasy then, phnark.

Here's a quick blurb for anyone who's interested.

The Pan of Hamgee isn’t paranoid. There must be some people in K’Barth who aren’t out to get him; it’s just that, right now, he’s not sure where they are. His family are dead, his existence is treason and he does the only thing he can to survive – getaway driving.

As if being on the run isn’t bad enough, when he finds a magic thimble and decides to keep it, he unwittingly sets himself on a collision course with Lord Vernon, K’Barth’s despot ruler.

Unwillingly, The Pan is forced to make choices and stand up for his beliefs – beliefs he never knew he had until they were challenged. But, faced with a stark moral dilemma will his new found integrity stick? Can he stop running?

I hope this is the right place to post, moderators, I apologise if not.

Cheers

MTM

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Few Are Chosen (other topics)