Young Adult Books for Grown Up Guys and Girls discussion

May Book Club

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica | 5 comments Mod
Hi all,

How do you feel about rescheduling this week's book club? Jen can't make it and I am struggling to find childcare for my kiddos (for those of you that don't know my hubby is gone for 5 months and I might be working my baby-sitters a bit too hard...). How does the 11th look for everyone? Second choice is maybe June 1? Also, let's pick a location. Fort Collins girls -would you like us to hear your way? Can you give a good recommendation?

~Erica

message 2: by MollyR (new)

MollyR | 57 comments Mod
I wouldn't mind it being pushed back. This Friday conflicts with a last-minute mini-reunion from my masters program, so I might have skipped out on book club anyway.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (jen_maley) | 78 comments Mod
Sounds great. May 11th is bad for me, so I vote for June 1st. That will get us through the end-of-year madness that ensues this time of year. What do you all think of reading another book before then? Then we could discuss both. Who is picking next? I also like Fort Collins--maybe we should try Luscious Nectar since that fell through before. :)

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cleland | 32 comments Mod
June 1st is better for Hillary and me as well since we have a program at the library on the 11th. I'm cool with Luscious Nectar and another book as well!

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Johnson | 5 comments So what's the next book? Suggestions?

message 6: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Triz | 9 comments Mod
I'm down for June 1st, and FoCo. Thanks to whoever changed the title of the group :)

message 7: by Jen (new)

I just read Jasper Jones per Tasha's recommendation. It was a good one if someone else doesn't have a suggestion. I already picked one, though, so it's not really my turn. :)

message 8: by Tasha (new)

Tasha (tasha8) | 43 comments Mod
I didn't really like jasper jones....let's do something else. Has anyone read Divergent???? I really liked it. But, it is another dystopian trilogy....I am also good for June 1st and vote for Foco

message 9: by Andrea (new)

Divergent is good. I'd be about Wither or Gone also (all dystopian themed).

message 10: by Jen (new)

I need to read all three of these titles, so I'm good with whatever we decide. :)

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Johnson | 5 comments For the sake of making a choice, let's say Divergent. I'll get on it!

message 12: by Tasha (new)

Jen I have Divergent for you. I can bring it to you tomorrow if you want me to? Let me know. I will check on here and on my work email !!! :)

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Johnson | 5 comments Hey! So I've told some of you about World Book Night- for those of you who don't know, it's basically giving away books FOR FREE to non-readers or infrequent readers. Now they're looking for titles for next year and I want some input before I give my suggestions. Ideal choices are things that are quality, as well as appealing to a wide range of audiences. Feel free to post idea OR pass them my way this Friday at our talk!

message 14: by Andrea (new)

I just want to clarify: we ARE meeting this Friday, right? At Luscious Nectar?

message 15: by Tasha (new)

I am down!!! What time?

message 16: by Jen (new)

I believe so, Andrea. You finish work at 5, right, so how about 5:30? See you all then!

message 17: by Andrea (new)

5:30 is good for me. See you then!

message 18: by Erica (new)

Erica | 5 comments Mod
5:30 at Luscious Nectar it is. Looking forward to checking out the place and seeing you all! Guess we need to pick a new book, huh? I just picked but just to throw in another choice, seems like there's several of us who keep coming back to the title Blood Red Road. Anyone interested in tackling that one?

message 19: by Tasha (new)

I read Blood Red Road and really liked it. But, I feel like a really like a lot of books! I would vote for it though. Lots to talk about :)

Can't wait to see everyone either. I might ride my bike so I can have a variety of slushies........since school's out ;)

Young Adult Books for Grown Up Guys and Girls

unread topics | mark unread